Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
289 user(s) are online (260 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

ninetyfivevette Looking for a new ZF clutch
Guru Newb
Rhode Island
81 Posts

I'm going to be taking out my McLeod Street Twin and going to a stock setup. Who makes a good street clutch that can live behind 450HP+? What parts have you guys had good luck with?

I will be driving the Vette daily for the foreseeable future so something a bit more streetable is what I'm after.
Posted on: 2008/4/2 17:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Josh Re: Looking for a new ZF clutch
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

I did the same thing after breaking my rear end half a dozen times with the McLeod twin.

I ended up going with a dual friction centerforce and a steel flywheel (my Mcleod was aluminum) and it's held up great. The clutch drives pretty nice (90% or so of stock) and has held up well to 4000+ RPM clutch drops on slicks with the nitrous flowing. I also haven't broken anything in the rear since I went to this clutch, the hit is so much softer, more like a stock set up, it cushions the parts enough to let them live under the abuse.

I don't make quite as much power as you do, but I probably make more torque than you when I spray (about 590 RWTQ) so I think the Center Force would work well for you. It's bit pricey ($1100 or so for the clutch and flywheel) but it's worked well for me so far.

Let us know what you decide to do.
Posted on: 2008/4/2 21:39

ninetyfivevette Re: Looking for a new ZF clutch
Guru Newb
Rhode Island
81 Posts

Thanks for the reply. How much transmission noise do you get with the clutch pedal released in neutral? What about during acceleration? I have a pretty choppy idle, so I know that is aggravating the situation, but I'm hoping I can tune some of that out. However that doesn't address that acceleration clatter.

How much does your steel flywheel weigh?
Posted on: 2008/4/3 14:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.