Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
284 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Danspeed1 Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette057.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette056.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette055.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette054.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette053.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette052.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/Corvette/corvette051.jpg[/IMG]

Headdman Street Jet Coated Headers
2.5in Piping all the way to the back
2.5in Magnaflow high-flow metallic spun cats
Greyhound Performance 2.5 X-Pipe
Oval Magnaflow Mufflers
LT1 Polished Tips
Posted on: 2008/5/12 1:58
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

smooth Re: Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

How come the x-pipe is mounted so far back Dan?
Posted on: 2008/5/12 3:05

Danspeed1 Re: Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Elite Guru
1121 Posts

Quote:

Aquavet wrote:
How come the x-pipe is mounted so far back Dan?

Because the guy bending the system was an F*ing idiot.

I had planned to center the x-pipe but the muffler shop thought it would be "easier" to put it all the way at the end. From what I can tell, it has not affected the performance of the vehicle at all, and the system sounds sick so all is well.

That is what happens when you leave the local muffler shop for 30 minutes to get lunch. You come back and they have diverted the project in another direction.

Dan
Posted on: 2008/5/12 3:10
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

Matatk Re: Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Thanks for the pics Dan!

Gives me a good idea of what I will be looking at once I order my headers and everything. I still have to pick out a set of mufflers, because I like the ones in the catback I posted earlier, but I think I'd rather just run duals.

Now I just have to find a good shop around me to do it since I don't have a welder.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/12 21:21

Danspeed1 Re: Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Elite Guru
1121 Posts

Just a couple of quick notes that could help you out.

1. The Headdman Elite Headers are great if drive the car in heavy salt conditions (winter), or if you are a hardcore racer, but they are totally un-necessary otherwise. The street headers are half the price and are working just as well for me. For both headers you will have to remove the air pump assembly, as there are no ports on the headers for the emissions. This is not a problem at all, and will not effect drivability or set a MIL light so don't worry. You will also have to go over to your local autoparts store and pickup a O2 sensor bung to be welded into the side of the headers. I weleded my own, and to tell you the truth it came out better than the welding the monkeys over at the muffler shop did on the system. Could I also suggest a new O2 sensor, the old one will be a bitch to take out.

2. Have the X-Pipe centrally located instead of all the way back where mine was put

3. ORDER THE POLISHED MUFFLERS NOT THE STANDARD STAINLESSO ONES LIKE I HAVE! The price differnce is minimal and because the Magnaflows are oval you ALWAYS see them. I got the standards on mine and now I have to get out there and polish them daily to get them to shine. They don't look anything like the polished ones would have.

4. Greyhound Performance has good prices on Mufflers and X-Pipes... They also have an Ebay store. The Owner is an old retired guy living in florida and has pleanty of time to spend on the phone with you to make sure you are getting exactly the right parts.

5. If you choose to do cats, get the spun metallic ones, they take any drone away, but allow the exhaust to breath. They also increase volume.

6. Find a good installtion shop that can bend a TRUE mandrel pipe. This is the most important part of the whole installation. If it leaks like mine, it will drive you nuts! A good exhaust shop is key.

Can't wait to see the results... if you need anything else let me know, I am glad to be able to help someone on here; rather than always being the one asking questions.

Dan
Posted on: 2008/5/12 21:52
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

Matatk Re: Attn: Matatk - Magnaflow Exhaust Pictures
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Those are some great tips.

I am looking for what mufflers I'm going to get now. Do you remember which model/part number you got?

Re: the headers, I was planning on getting the elites because I've heard the flange is thicker and makes a better seal with less warpage. For the extra insurance, I think it's worth it.

I've seen that greyhound performance on ebay while I was looking for everything. I'll have to check with him for a few things. Seems like he has good prices.

Oh, and the 02 sensor, I was planning on welding that into the reducer on the headers and getting a heated 02. My buddy has a small welder I can use, so I'll probably do that myself, although it's been many years since I've welded.

Thanks again,

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/13 14:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.