Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
254 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

NC Kid Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Cars original tranny clutch pack burned up got a rebuilt tranny from an astro van it burned up just got my car back WITH THE ORIGINAL TRANNY THAT WAS JUST REBUILT....You would think all is good....Oh hell no....Not my luck. Drove it form the shop home....Fine. Parked it for a bit, then decided ima break it in. Got to a stop light and pounded the **** out of it.....and it was fine kept driving and driving hard and then regular. Was driving back home. It locks in first gear. Cant manually shift it. Take it home cussing, yeling, and telling daddy......He takes it around the block and it locks in first gear. He is just a cussing.....then suddenly we stop at a lgiht and go and its shifting normally now. It does that fine.......from then on till we got home. WTF. Whats wrong ITS FREAKN NEW!!!!! I read the receipt. We got a new:

TORQUE CONVERTER
SEALS
FILTER
FLUID
CLUTCH KIT
Band
He said stock it only comes with 6 clutch disc. HE ADDED 9 IN ALL. He said it would help it hold better.......Is this normal for it to be acting up or did I tear it up by flooring it. I havent droven it today because I am worried something might break or it will lock up and I will have to have it towed home......That will cost way too much $$$ which daddy doesnt want to spend if we dont have too. Maybe this is normal due to everything being readjusted and will work itself out????????????

HELP!!! I know there will be bad news so go ahead and lay it down for me.....
Posted on: 2007/1/14 22:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

brut RE:Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Well.....welll....hmmmmm....looks like you have yourself in a bad situation. I would never have stomped the hell out of it on new clutches and new tranny oil. But thats me. The 700r4s are somewhat weak to begin with, and to give it that much w/o letting it naturally break in would concern me. I am sure Pete will step in since this is his area of expertease for sure.

Whatever you do, when you take it back, don't ever speak of your "stomping the **** out of it."
Posted on: 2007/1/14 23:51

PeteK RE:Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

If you are saying that the trans will not shift from 1st to 2nd gear, the governor may be the issue. If the endplay was eliminated when the cover was installed, it would explain it. Tow it back to the shop. I would guess that the warrantee will cover it.
Posted on: 2007/1/15 0:23

Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

I just noticed the last part of your post that mentioned it fixed itself. Whatever was hung up, is free. Forget the problem and enjoy driving it
Posted on: 2007/1/15 0:25

NC Kid RE:Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

WEll it did fix itself. I guess I will drive it tomorrow and post back......Im stupid. I didnt know it was suppose to naturally break in. All I can say is DA**, pickup improved.lol. Feels good or atleast it FELT good when it was functional lol....
Posted on: 2007/1/15 0:31

freakd RE:Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Master Guru
727 Posts

always allow breakin for anything new, oh, and glad it all worked out for you :thumbright:
Posted on: 2007/1/15 20:20

NC Kid RE:Transmission rebuild WHIPPTY DOO
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Hey. I need to pm one of you administrators. Probably brut. But I havent figured it out yet....Umm could you pm me man. I need to tell you summin kind of important....
Posted on: 2007/1/15 20:53

Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Find a post by Brut and click the send pm button.
Posted on: 2007/1/16 0:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.