Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Aardwolf NASA at Road America HPDE3 4-25/26-09 video
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

The tracks just opened up so I started out with a NASA event this spring. It really rained as there was a warm and cold front stalled above the state all weekend. I got drenched my first session out on Saturday morning. There were periods of cold weather with rain followed by warmer weather with fog plus rain. There was even some intense lightning hits that brought the corner workers in. It wasn't a good weekend to visit but I enjoyed driving and learned a lot. I did get tired of deep puddles by Sunday but then it cleared up in the afternoon for a short time.

HPDE3 rain session from Saturday (4-25-09)
http://vimeo.com/4357831
Download may be of better quality.

I still haven't made my father sick so he continues to ride along. The four wheel slide in the kink at 9:50 didn't even phase him. I've got to get an "Iceman" sticker for his helmet! When I'm trying to get a good lap time he stays in the paddock though.

Another video, this one is from Sunday afternoon. It stopped raining just for a short time, we ran the track hard and dried it out for the TT boys. To bad it poured shortly after that for the race group. Many had switched out their wet tires.

http://vimeo.com/4363678
HPDE3 3:15 PM Sunday NASA 4-26-09
Download may be of better quality.

Noteworthy, 10:55 an instructor starting the brakes on fire. The smoke might not be to visible in the video.
Posted on: 2009/5/7 21:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: NASA at Road America HPDE3 4-25/26-09 video
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Well, I tried to watch it, Andrew.
Must be a Charter cable thing. It downloads but the screen stays black. My new Charter internet needs to see a techie.
Posted on: 2009/5/8 14:04

Aardwolf Re: NASA at Road America HPDE3 4-25/26-09 video
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

Bummer! If you have a fast connection you can download them. There's a link in the lower right. They are 164 meg and 350 meg. It was pretty slippery!
Posted on: 2009/5/9 0:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.