Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
327 user(s) are online (267 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDC
Assembly Line Diagnostic Connection

The connection to the ECM/PCM of a computer controlled vehicle, in the case of the C4 Corvette, located under ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

1Fast04Vert Problem Maybe?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Jon, I bought a new set of BoschIIIs from you about a month ago. At first everything seemed good, but not so good now.
I have a fuel pressure gauge and now when I shut the engine off the pressure drops immediately. Then when I go to start it it cranks for 5-6 seconds before starting and runs real rough for a few seconds. If I just turn the key on and count slowly to 5 then crank it over it starts right away. I am thinking at least one of the new injectors is leaking down.

Suggestions??
Posted on: 2009/8/16 18:49

bogus Re: Problem Maybe?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would pull the rail and test the injectors. Make sure they are not leaking. It's an easy test, just remove the rail, and set a strip of cardboard under each bank. Watch what dribbles when you cycle the key.

What you are describing could be a bad check valve in the fuel pump, too.
Posted on: 2009/8/16 20:57

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

1Fast04Vert Re: Problem Maybe?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I would pull the rail and test the injectors. Make sure they are not leaking. It's an easy test, just remove the rail, and set a strip of cardboard under each bank. Watch what dribbles when you cycle the key.

What you are describing could be a bad check valve in the fuel pump, too.

Since the BoschIIIs do not use clips to the fuel rails I am thinking 40PSI would blow at least one of the out of the rails. The multecs held pressure, maybe I should have just left them alone.
Posted on: 2009/8/16 21:24

FICINJECTORS Re: Problem Maybe?
Gold Sponsor Vendor
117 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Jon, I bought a new set of BoschIIIs from you about a month ago. At first everything seemed good, but not so good now.
I have a fuel pressure gauge and now when I shut the engine off the pressure drops immediately. Then when I go to start it it cranks for 5-6 seconds before starting and runs real rough for a few seconds. If I just turn the key on and count slowly to 5 then crank it over it starts right away. I am thinking at least one of the new injectors is leaking down.

Suggestions??
lets not take any chances, they are under warranty for 3 years. send me an e mail to info@fuelinjectorconnection.com with your name and address, I will send you a new set tomorrow, just return the other set. We have so few problems with these, but since the sets are matched sending you one is not the way i like to do it..
also I am assuming you have a 95 lt1,
Jon
Posted on: 2009/8/17 0:23

1Fast04Vert Re: Problem Maybe?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Jon, email sent. Thank You, Andy
Posted on: 2009/8/17 1:20

tjwong Re: Problem Maybe?
Guru Newb
7 Posts

When FIC modifys the Bosch EV14 injectors to their 70#, 83# and even a 100# (1000cc) ratings. How is that done, and how is the low end performance of these injectors vs a factory produced injector of the same rating. The reason I ask is because I have installed some of thes modded injectors that cam with a blower kit into a LS3 C6 and found that they were dirty down in the lower operating RPMs. I don't know where they came from as far as the source goes as the package was just a ziploc baggie. I have a need for the larger 850cc EV14s but I want to be sure I am not going run into the same tuning issues with using your injectors.

In the applicatio I mentioned I ended up using a adapter to run a set of peak and hold injectors which worked out great, no more issues with tuning. I just don't want to have to do that again as wiring it was a PITA and not to mention I have to explain to a customer that he needs to spend more money is also a PITA.
Posted on: 2009/8/17 4:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.