Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (215 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CasetheCorvetteman Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I thought i had seen the last of this bitch a few weeks ago when i cleared out 463 counts of it, but buggers me where its coming from, cause last time every single instance where all in the same partition as Windows XP x86, this time, they are randomly spread over all the drives.

Still, what the bloody hell do you do about this if you cant tell how its getting in eh?
Posted on: 2008/1/1 15:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

toptechx6 RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Posted on: 2008/1/1 15:54

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Case,
I assume you have done a google search on "allaple.a"?
From what I see, that is a pretty nasty trojan.

Do you have more than one computer on your network?
I found one article that mentions this:
Description:
Troj/Allaple-A is a backdoor Trojan for the Windows platform. Troj/Allaple-A copies itself and a DLL component to numerous places on the infected computer with randomly generated filenames. The Trojan modifies HTML files found on the computer.

You can try various virus removal tools with some success, but this crap is like a cancer. All it takes is one little piece left somewhere, and it will all come back.

If it was me, I would just back up all of your data files and reformat your hard drive. Then re-install the OS and all programs. Then copy your data back over.
I know that can be a big PITA, but that's what I would do.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 16:04

Klaus RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Guru
Atlanta, GA
129 Posts

Posted on: 2008/1/1 17:22

2008 Machine Silver Coupe
LS3 / Z51 / A6 / NPP

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Yeah blokes i went through all this a few weeks back, cleared it all out, obviously not thorough enough though!! for almost 4 hrs tonight i was fighting it, and i seem to be now ontop of it for a while. Its almost 4am so ill have to check it all again tomorrow i think.

3 times tonight though ive noticed a new phenomenon that i reckon is related, i regularly have many IE pages open and they stay open for days at a time, 3 times ive seen every opened page refresh its self all at the same time, first time this did this i had to re-enter all my passwords and user names to log in, which would normally log me in without any input, as if i was always logged in as soon as i open the page.

If some twat is dumb enough to steal my passwords, they are wasting their time, they control no funds and i dont allow anyone to do any financial anything on here cause i have never believed it a safe thing.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 17:58

bomar76 RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Guru Newb
Marysville Ohio
37 Posts

I went through a similar thing w/ Downloader Trojan.
Most important step is to disable System Restore before you go any further, otherwise you just keep reinfecting.
Download Crapcleaner, run it.
Download Spybot, run it.
Download AdAware, run it.
Run your Virus scan in full scan mode.
BTW, my McAfee virus software was absolutely worthless for dealing with this....and I have the auto upate version.
Once you are sure the Trojan is gone, be sure to reenable System Restore.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 18:46

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Yep, i use a few of them, ive used Spybot for a few years now and its been good. I used to use Trend Micro and it was always very good until the 2007 version not liking Spybot, and Spybot seemed to offer protection that was better than that of the spyware feature of Trend Micro, so out with that and in with AVG, which does find and remove this but doesnt seem to be finding them all.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:26

bogus RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I wonder why it keeps coming back? Where is it coming from?

I am pretty sure we are not the source, no popups.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:28

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

No mate its not coming from here, i reckon it got in when i first installed Windows a few weeks ago. Having 2 gigs of ram, a 4000 x64 CPU and 4x 10,000rpm Raptor HDDs it takes alot for it to slow anything simple down enough for me to notice something is hogging resources!!
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:49

CSS996 RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Is this where I am not supposed to say anything about being a Mac fanboy?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Casey. I hope you get it sorted.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 20:48

Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Yeah, using a MacBook Pro here without those issues.

My home computer is Windows though, so I know the frustration.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 20:57

rickreeves1 RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
Guru Newb
New Orleans
96 Posts

Sometimes you can run every virus scan and spyware checker you can think of and these things still won't go away. Search the internet for a way to manualy remove it. Symantec's website may have something. Last week I was sucessfull in removing several virus's and some spyware from a family members computer. After wasting a couple hours with the scanners I was able to remove it manually. I had to stop a few files from running at startup, delete a few files on a restart, and run through the registry searching for and deleting several entries. Unfortunately sometimes the easiest and quickest way to permanently rid yourself of a virus or spyware is to format and reload the system. I could have reloaded everything in the same amount of time or less that it took me to fix it. If you have older software you would like to keep without backups than thats a different story. You may want to consider purchasing a new drive to load fresh and keep the other as a dual boot option.

hmm.. Where did my ie spell go to on this forum?
Posted on: 2008/1/2 21:27
95-Lt1-auto-Polo-Conv, 125hp ZEX N2O dry, LE Cam 226/234 565/565 109LSA, Comp Pro Mag 1.6rr, Patriot Xtreme Springs, PCMFORLESS, K&N, AO Ram Air, 52mm TB, EM LT Headers, X-pipe, Meziere HD EWP, Vigil 2800, TransGo Shift Kit, Pro-Built Trans, 24lb SVO'...

red_johnny RE:Allaple.A... Isnt it incredible....
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Wow, I got a nasty virus right now I can not get rid of. ITs called winfixer and a file name gebca.dll its a Trojan.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 21:39

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
Is this where I am not supposed to say anything about being a Mac fanboy?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Casey. I hope you get it sorted.

You can say it, but then when you consider running something that a Crapple cant run, we will see who gets the last laugh!!
Quote:
Yeah, using a MacBook Pro here without those issues.

My home computer is Windows though, so I know the frustration.

No frustration really, just an annoyance. It has done no harm to the computer whatso ever, its just been a barstard to get rid of it!!
Quote:
Sometimes you can run every virus scan and spyware checker you can think of and these things still won't go away. Search the internet for a way to manualy remove it. Symantec's website may have something. Last week I was sucessfull in removing several virus's and some spyware from a family members computer. After wasting a couple hours with the scanners I was able to remove it manually. I had to stop a few files from running at startup, delete a few files on a restart, and run through the registry searching for and deleting several entries. Unfortunately sometimes the easiest and quickest way to permanently rid yourself of a virus or spyware is to format and reload the system. I could have reloaded everything in the same amount of time or less that it took me to fix it. If you have older software you would like to keep without backups than thats a different story. You may want to consider purchasing a new drive to load fresh and keep the other as a dual boot option.

hmm.. Where did my ie spell go to on this forum?

I manually remove most things i dont want yeah. More often than not, its the only way to remove a virus.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 8:46

Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Casey, Not to get off topic too much, just a quick note.
The new Mac's are all Intel Chips now, so they can run both operating systems.

Windows and Mac both loaded on the same machine. My MacBook can run anything you are running.

As I said in my very first post on this subject, and rickreeves1 mentioned also is that sometimes the easiest, quickest and least hassle is to just backup your data, reformat the hard drive and re-install the OS.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 12:55

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Yep, i apreciate your assistance, however i do know all this!! I used to build and sell computers a few years back, and fixing viruses was a very common thing.

Easy way out is reformating, however its certainly not the best way, Windows XP Pro has a repair feature, and all the Windows will be restored to factory default when this is run, its like installed Windows again, but it retains most of the settings you had before. It has always been good to me, and never let me down.

The one thing about the Mac that makes it as much of a paper weight as it is, is the fact the upgradability is very poor to say the least. 9 times out of 10, everything is intergrated, and the case is no where near big enough to fit most PCI cards let alone a PCI-E video card from the current day. I have 5 HDDs inside my computer, down from a previous 7, 4 of these are 10,000rpm Western Digital Raptors in RAID0, which makes for an extremly fast computer.

Another thing about it is the fact that you can run Windows for Mac on them, but they are then no more reliable than a regular PC running Windows XP Pro. There is a few things they just cant do as good as a regular PC, and when you look at the price, they cost 3 times as much, for 1/4 of the usability. (dont know about over there, but they are rediculously priced over here compared with the cost for me to build a far more powerful PC)

I know there are alot of people that swear by them, but they will never be something ill go for until they are equal to a PC, and i can buy the parts i want and assemble it myself.

Im also an AMD man, and probably always will be
Posted on: 2008/1/3 14:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.