Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

vetteblondie Code P1371 IC
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Car quit the other day, pulled this code, replaced ignition module, car was a little better but still not fixed. Have taken it to the shop but not heard anything as of today. Any idea what all this means?

P1371 IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Too Few Pulses Code Conditions: DTC P1376 not set, engine speed over 496 rpm, at least 7 CMP pulses received since key On, and on e CMP pulse received in last 250 ms, 48 24X pulses received between CMP pulses, the PCM detected under 8 4X pulses between CMP pulses.
Posted on: 2008/1/21 21:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

tobijohn Re: Code P1371 IC
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
... Any idea what all this means?

P1371 IC Module 4X Reference Circuit Too Few Pulses Code Conditions: DTC P1376 not set, engine speed over 496 rpm, at least 7 CMP pulses received since key On, and on e CMP pulse received in last 250 ms, 48 24X pulses received between CMP pulses, the PCM detected under 8 4X pulses between CMP pulses.

I see from another thread that you have a 96. I checked the factory service manual but could not find a troubleshooting chart for a DTC P1371 CI. There are charts for P1371 DI, P1351 IC and P1361 IC nor could I find anything there about DTC1376...
Posted on: 2008/1/22 0:06

AIRFOIL FREE!

vetteblondie RE:Code P1371 IC
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

I was just told by someone else that CPS... crank position sensor? could possibly be bad as well. i'd just like to have some idea what I'm in for when the shop finally does call. Being a single gal with a vette, I like to know a little before hand to keep myself out of trouble. Any help is much appreciated by you all, and thanks so much!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 4:13

tobijohn RE:Code P1371 IC
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Where did you get the info you included in your original post?
Posted on: 2008/1/22 4:21

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Code P1371 IC
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Hold the bus there VetteBlondie while i look into it all, and ill post back with some findings.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 7:08

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ok, here is some further info:

P1371: Ignition Coil - Cylinder 1 - Early Activation Fault

P1376: Ignition Coil - Cylinder 6 - Early Activation Fault

Seems abit irrelevant, although it could be something to do with the crank angle sensor.

What does it say if you attempt code retrieval via the LCD display? Connecting pins 4 and 12 should put you in diagnostic display mode, there is the DTCs in big numbers where the speedo normally is, and the module listed in little numbers where the coolant/oil/volts/fuel ecconomy normally is.

I will need both the big sized and the small sized numbers.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 8:02

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Hold the bus there VetteBlondie while i look into it all, and ill post back with some findings.

Much Thanks!!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 18:49

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Where did you get the info you included in your original post?

I found a website with C4 code breakdowns, it's a word document if anyone needs it or I guess I could post here somehow... PM me and let me know.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 18:50

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Ok, here is some further info:

P1371: Ignition Coil - Cylinder 1 - Early Activation Fault

P1376: Ignition Coil - Cylinder 6 - Early Activation Fault

Seems abit irrelevant, although it could be something to do with the crank angle sensor.

What does it say if you attempt code retrieval via the LCD display? Connecting pins 4 and 12 should put you in diagnostic display mode, there is the DTCs in big numbers where the speedo normally is, and the module listed in little numbers where the coolant/oil/volts/fuel ecconomy normally is.

I will need both the big sized and the small sized numbers.

I never got that far, with OBDII I wasn't aware there was another way to get a code out. I've taken it to the shop but not heard anything. I am about to go see about it, will get back to y'all.
Thanks!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 18:52

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Ok, the guy I took it to apparently has been out to a funeral for the last couple of days, so, it will be yet the end of the week before I really hear anything
Posted on: 2008/1/22 20:28

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:

I never got that far, with OBDII I wasn't aware there was another way to get a code out...

Me neither. And the reason I asked where you got that DTC description is because I can't find any reference to it in the 1996 factory service manual...
Posted on: 2008/1/22 23:43

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

You can get them out via the paperclip method as far as i know, the info i have here says it works, and ive had a couple people say it works too. Itll display older type DTCs on the instrument panel.

TobiJohn, have a look in section 8D of Book 1 in your service manual (assuming that is the CCM section for your 96) and it should tell you all about it there.

I can make more sense out of older style DTCs.
Posted on: 2008/1/23 6:20

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
...TobiJohn, have a look in section 8D of Book 1 in your service manual (assuming that is the CCM section for your 96) and it should tell you all about it there.

I can make more sense out of older style DTCs.

Case, in the 96 manuals DTCs 18-31 are covered in that section, all specific to the CCM. All the other DTCs are in book two and there is no reference to DTC P1371 IC in there that I could find, unless it's out of the listing sequence..
Posted on: 2008/1/23 11:43

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Im not expecting to see DTC P1371 in there, what i expect to see is a regular 2 digit DTC.

Have you tried the procedure on your car to see what modules come up during the diagnostic display?

Im keen to know what you see if you could try it.
Posted on: 2008/1/23 11:46

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I never got that far, with OBDII I wasn't aware there was another way to get a code out...

Me neither. And the reason I asked where you got that DTC description is because I can't find any reference to it in the 1996 factory service manual...

I got them from a website, I'd be happy to email them to you, it's a word document, just let me know and I will sent it asap, thanks for helping me!
Posted on: 2008/1/23 17:56

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
...I got them from a website, I'd be happy to email them to you, it's a word document, just let me know and I will sent it asap, thanks for helping me!

OK, maybe I'm a dope but I guess I'm asking, how do you know that's the DTC code? Did you hook up an OBDII code reader to your 96 and that's what it said? Or is that what the guys in the shop told you the DTC was?
Posted on: 2008/1/23 22:39

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
...I got them from a website, I'd be happy to email them to you, it's a word document, just let me know and I will sent it asap, thanks for helping me!

OK, maybe I'm a dope but I guess I'm asking, how do you know that's the DTC code? Did you hook up an OBDII code reader to your 96 and that's what it said? Or is that what the guys in the shop told you the DTC was?

A friend I work with used to have one like mine, he sold it but still has his code reader. Hooked it up to get the code, then looked up what it meant. Make sense? Sorry I confused anyone.
Posted on: 2008/1/24 0:24

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
A friend I work with used to have one like mine, he sold it but still has his code reader. Hooked it up to get the code, then looked up what it meant. Make sense? Sorry I confused anyone.

Believe me, no apology necessary. The only one confused around here is me. The thing is, there is no listing for that particular code in the 1996 factory service manual (which BTW, you should have around regardless if you're going to do the repairs or not). So I'm not sure what to tell you. There's a P1371 DI in the FSM, the section on which I'd be happy to scan and email you if you think it would help...
Posted on: 2008/1/24 0:38

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Believe me, no apology necessary. The only one confused around here is me. The thing is, there is no listing for that particular code in the 1996 factory service manual (which BTW, you should have around regardless if you're going to do the repairs or not). So I'm not sure what to tell you. There's a P1371 DI in the FSM, the section on which I'd be happy to scan and email you if you think it would help...

Thanks, I'd take any help I can get!!! BTW if you send me that I can send you what I have and you will see where I got my info sort of. And my regrets but I do not have a service manual....
Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:32

bogus RE:Code P1371 IC
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

vetteblonde - you need the FSM. If not for your own edification, but for anyone who decides to work on it.

www.helminc.com or www.ebay.com

You can also check our For Sale section... an old copy may pop up from time to time.
Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:42

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:

Thanks, I'd take any help I can get!!! BTW if you send me that I can send you what I have and you will see where I got my info sort of. And my regrets but I do not have a service manual....

PM me your email address and I'll get the info off to you. The factory service manual can be ordered from Helm directly for $135. However, you can find them used on eBay for 1/2 to 2/3 that amount. Make sure you get both books as it's a two book set. Also, make sure you get the ones with the red covers.

http://www.helminc.com/

This place has them used from $85 up and is where I got my set from:

http://www.factoryautomanuals.com/Sea ... .asp?Search=1996+Corvette
Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:50

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Thanks for the info. Also, alldata has an online subsription available also I've considered... http://www.alldatadiy.com/
I do at least have the little basic Haynes one, a leftover from when I had my 87.
Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:50

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Also, alldata has an online subsription available also I've considered... http://www.alldatadiy.com/
I do at least have the little basic Haynes one, a leftover from when I had my 87.

Out of curiosity, how much does alldata charge? Alas, that Haynes isn't going to be of much help to you...
Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:53

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

They have different prices for different cars, the number of cars, one year or more, etc. Not very much at all in my opinion....
www.alldatadiy.com

Acutally the little Haynes book has helped me being that I'm usually only dealing with basic stuff....
Posted on: 2008/1/24 3:04

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

I used to have an 87 myself for about 6 years and 4 days...

The Haynes is useless, even for simple stuff. And the reason i say that, is cause it has a fair amount of errors in it. Stick with the Genuine service manual, its alot better no matter how big or small the job is. Im sure you will know what to get, but if you get stuck or need a hand i can order it off my mate in Colorado and have him send it straight to you if you like.
Posted on: 2008/1/24 6:23

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I used to have an 87 myself for about 6 years and 4 days...

The Haynes is useless, even for simple stuff. And the reason i say that, is cause it has a fair amount of errors in it. Stick with the Genuine service manual, its alot better no matter how big or small the job is. Im sure you will know what to get, but if you get stuck or need a hand i can order it off my mate in Colorado and have him send it straight to you if you like.

That would of course all depend on how much one costs....
Posted on: 2008/1/24 14:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.