Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jackb2 Re: 98 conv. battery drain
Guru Newb
2 Posts

Guys,thanks for the replies.I did check for codes and had:28 TCS-C1255H EBTCM internal malf.,40 BCM BO432H rear defog relay circ.,BO503H RH DRL relay circ.,BO508H LH DRL relay circ.(had these codes last year with no issues),99 HVAC B)361H,BO363H,BO441HC L. actuator codes (these have been ongoing,pretty sure it needs a l.s. actuator),AOLDCM B2282H,B2284H,BTRY 1+2 CIRC.,AIRDCM B2283H,B2285H,BTRY 1+2 CIRC,BO-RFA U1064H lost comm. w/BCM.I cleared all codes and all stayed cleared except for hvac codes.Thanks for the tips and diagrams,I will try those as soon as I get time.Also,has anyone heard of a battery saver device called "Priority Start".It is supposed to stop the battery from completely discharging in case you leave something on or have a short.I'm wondering if this is something I should install until I get to the bottom of this.Thanks again.
Posted on: 2011/3/29 11:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

tjpreul Re: Re: 98 conv. battery drain
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

When I picked up the diagrams the mechanic told me if you aren't able to find a short, then it most likely is the BCM. How old is the battery, and how often do you drive the car? A low/bad battery will mess up a lot of things.
Posted on: 2011/3/29 14:17

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: 98 conv. battery drain
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

I haven't heard of that particular item, priority start, but there are several batter tenders/savers on the market. Some are plug in, some are solar powered, some just attach to the battery and monitor draw, shutting disconnecting power to the car when voltage drops too much.

As far as the codes, the lost comm code would flag me as a possibly concern. I would do the same thing as you, clear the codes and drive it, see what comes back. You might need to check the wiring from the bcm and all the connections.

Keep us posted if you do any more troubleshooting.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/31 11:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.