Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
215 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Danspeed1 Vortech V2 T-Trim Supercharger on LT1
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

In short, my father purchased a Vortech V2 T-Trim Supercharger for his 72 377ci Carbed Corvette, and then realized that it would not fit without major modification that he is less than interested in doing. From the little I know about it (heard over the phone), its for a new Mustang GT.

He got the unit for a really good price, and its brand new. I have a 96 Impala SS with an LT1 that could use a few extra ponies. Not too much activity on that forum right now so I figured I would post here since both vehicles have LT1's.

What I would like to know is if anyone knows if this will fit an LT1. Anything significant I should know about fitment, or direction the pulley is supposed to go or something?

Dan
Posted on: 2008/1/25 7:55
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JDSWHITE93 RE:Vortech V2 T-Trim Supercharger on LT1
Senior Guru
Ohio
334 Posts

I can't help much but from what I understand the problem with a blower on a LT1 is the minimal amount of boost you can run due to the type of pistons and high compression. You could use gaseous intercooling or build a serious bottom end to maximize it's potential. I ended up going with a forged 383 with spray. I really wanted a supercharged LTX but from what I gathered there are very good reasons there aren't many of them out there. The way I look at it you have to either limit the boost and intercool it which is expensive or build a forged bottom end. If you go through the trouble of building a forged shortblock $%^&* it and stroke it.
Just my .02 from a guy without a supercharger lol
Posted on: 2008/1/25 10:42

BrianCunningham RE:Vortech V2 T-Trim Supercharger on LT1
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

I'm putting an S-trim on mine, a T-trim will fit but they're reverse rotation kits. The one you have probably isn't. You might be able to get it to fit, but it's going to need a lot of fab work.

I'm stepping up my short block to deal with the boost of my S-trim, you'll have even more to deal with on a t-trim.
Posted on: 2008/1/26 19:34

Danspeed1 RE:Vortech V2 T-Trim Supercharger on LT1
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

Yea, I was thinking of passing on doing this for that reason. Too much work and I really don't feel like blowing another engine this month. None of you on here heard about the Turbo Mustang......... I think I will stick with my original idea.... Stroker.

DG
Posted on: 2008/1/29 4:04
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.