Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
287 user(s) are online (216 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH2004R
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.74
2nd Gear: 1.57
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.67

Reverse: 2.06

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

jonszr1 is there a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

i spent most of the day . replacing the o rings ,cleaning out the, the hoses etc, . evaced the system . to 20 inches of vac . it held it for 2 hrs so i charged the system and found i had a leak at the big metal line that connects to where the low pressure cycling switch is. wtf i dont understand how can i hold vac for that long and END UP WITH A fing leak . anyone help a old fella out . ........
Posted on: 2011/9/25 3:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

istter1 Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

A month ago I had same problem fixed what I thought was leak and the Dam condenser had a whole in it. Replaces it and the metal line that connects to where the low pressure cycling switch was still leaking.
Someone told me 134a eats up the metal and causes problems when the seals are replaced. Don't know if that is true?
My buddy fixed mine in his shop and a month later it is blowing cool not cold.

Hopefully I will finish the transmission this week and the Air will still be at least cool..
If you find the right ones and can't get them up there let me know the number and I will get them to you.

Good luck.
Steve
Posted on: 2011/9/25 3:51

crash Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

when you evac the a/c system you want to pull it down to as close to o as you can. evac it for about 1 hour. that way you remove the moisture from the system. by doing so you decrease the chances of corrision in the system which causes the metal to get poress. then you have leaks. also when you open the system id recommend replacing the drier. moisture is a a/c sytems worst enemy. also recommend replacing the oriface tube.
Posted on: 2011/9/25 11:23

joeld Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Most NAPA stores have a kit with all the O-rings required, also Advance has about the same. If not, these folks have everything you need.

Joel

http://www.ackits.com/c/oringkit/HNBR ... Neoprene+O-Ring+Kits.html
Posted on: 2011/9/25 13:27

PLRX Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Senior Guru
SoCal
212 Posts

Quote:

joeld wrote:
Most NAPA stores have a kit with all the O-rings required, also Advance has about the same. If not, these folks have everything you need.

Joel

http://www.ackits.com/c/oringkit/HNBR ... Neoprene+O-Ring+Kits.html

agree, I used few of those and had no issues. They sell all over the place.
Posted on: 2011/9/25 15:59

jonszr1 Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

the problem is when i pulled off the top big line that comes out of the car there was 2 orings on it so i dont know what the correct size is .and i still dont know why it leaked when i had the system under vac for 24 hr an it held 20in of vac the whole time
Posted on: 2011/9/29 16:12

istter1 Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Quote:

jonszr1 wrote:
the problem is when i pulled off the top big line that comes out of the car there was 2 orings on it so i dont know what the correct size is .and i still dont know why it leaked when i had the system under vac for 24 hr an it held 20in of vac the whole time

Did you figure it out yet??

Steve
Posted on: 2011/10/1 2:04

jonszr1 Re: is there a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Senior Guru
Lone Pine, CA
453 Posts

no been so busy at work lately, just trying to keep the doors open .need to find where i can get the correct sizing for orings . and cant seem to make any headway. e3ven the local dealer couldnt tell me ???????
Posted on: 2011/10/1 18:33
i have a blast playing with my 4 babies 2 zr1s and 2 mustangs 68 coupe with a jon bennit 408 art car fully rollered c4 with a gearvendors over drive .88 mustang built by my kids with a ported lt5 and a bill boudreau blue printed zf 6 spd. with these 4 ...

helphos Re: ia rgwew a place that i can get the right orings for a 134a change over
Guru Newb
8 Posts

Quote:

jonszr1 wrote:

Just a guess- Holding vacuum is different than holding pressure. Not much comfort, because I'd be thinking the same thing, but it seems like the vacuum would test the seal on the 'other' side of the O-ring from the side that deals with pressure.

I saw that you replaced the o-rings, but maybe missed one. Murphy's law in action!!

the lesson for all of us is- replace all the o-rings if you can, and don't trust the ability to hold vacuum to be a predictor of ability to hold pressure.
Posted on: 2011/11/13 16:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.