Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
290 user(s) are online (251 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAF
Mass Air Flow sensor. Used to measure the amount of air entering the intake. This sensor works by heating an element and then measuring the rate of c...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid How do I tell if my mufflers are GENUINE flowmaster 40s
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I removed my mufflers and they sound alot different than stock and I "purchased" flowmaster 40 series from my muffler shop. I was just thinking when I looked at them. Thteres nothign stamped/engraved in them. Do flowmasters have flowmaster engraved in them???
Posted on: 2006/11/30 23:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:How do I tell if my mufflers are GENUINE flowmaster 40s
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

for 1986, there are two tips, the flowmasters should have both tips open... if nothing else.

check the inlet end, see what is stamped there. I thought flowmaster stamped their name on the case, tho. in like big 2" letters...

I just checked their site....

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html

return those mufflers, I don't think they are real...
Posted on: 2006/12/3 3:57

NC Kid RE:How do I tell if my mufflers are GENUINE flowmaster 40s
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I wish I could. I took it to a muffler shop a few months ago and did the piping myself**dad and me** and had "TY" install the mufflers and pipe. I removed teh mufflers a little while back. I welded straight tip and removed the mufflers. They sound good and aftermarket but I PAYED for flowmaster 40 series. I have some guys interested in buying them as they are lying on my garage floor and I am selling excess car items. But I cant lie to them and say they are flows when I dont even know what the **** they are. I just want to give them the honest truth and not try to rip them off/lie to them. Guess I will have to try to figure out. I am wiling to talk to the muffler shop but they will try to bullshit me out the a$$. Im only 18 so they think that I have no brain. When I take my car to a shop, I am try to trust them. I expect what I pay for. I paid 300 in all to have teh pipe welded, mufflers purchased and welded and have the pipe rebent so it would fit exactly. I hate shops that wont stand behind there work. Thanks for the information though.
Posted on: 2006/12/3 16:17

bogus RE:How do I tell if my mufflers are GENUINE flowmaster 40s
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you got ripped off. It's that simple.

Go to a REAL exhaust shop, and take a look at some series 40s up close and personal.

Read the receipt from the exhaust shop. If they say "series 40 flowmasters" and they don't match, you have a gripe.

Take dad and go down there. If nothing else, you will get the satisfaction of never using them again, and putting them on notice that their business tacticts are inexcusable. Don't let them get away with ripping you off - EVER.

Don't let anyone rip you off. Research, check and double check. It's your hard earned money, and too many people are willing to take it from you.
Posted on: 2006/12/3 19:08

90EXPVette RE:How do I tell if my mufflers are GENUINE flowmaster 40s
Senior Guru
Martinez, Georgia
185 Posts

Then if you're sure you were ripped off by them file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You can do it online...then you'll also give others notice of their corrupt business practices.
Posted on: 2006/12/4 12:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.