Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mouse Motor
GM production small block engines were known as Mouse motors.

Early SBC

4.3L 265ci - 1955 thru 1956
4.6L 283ci - 1957 thru 1962
4.9L 302ci - ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ramrod 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

I'm having trouble with the buttons that change mileage, gauges, re-set, etc. Is this a matter of cleaning contacts in the dash, like the climate control? Any ideas? I don't have a manual.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 4:04

bogus Re: 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I have never been in the DIC control panel... I have no idea if it's serviceable or not.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 5:48

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Schrade Re: 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

I'm in there right now. AND, I been through the service manual section on CCM pretty thoroughly.

That control panel brings up sub-modules in your diagnostic link display, with different push-button combinations, hold your tongue right, etc., and clears other codes that don't clear by disconnecting the battery.

I haven't heard of problems in that display.

Exactly what do you have goin' on?
Posted on: 2008/9/12 10:46

Resized Image

Ramrod Re: 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Blade_1, thanks for the reply.
I'm having trouble cycling through the, coolant temp, odometer, trip odometer, trans. temp. etc. When I push the buttons nothing changes? Well actually the info. changes after a long time, or a day later. I have appx. 118,000 miles on it, it runs great. I think I have bad bushings in the driver side headlight that may be slowly draining the battery? I don't know if this could be a problem? I've read of some issues with the climate control that could be dealt with by cleaning the button contacts? could this be a similar problem?
Posted on: 2008/9/12 15:54

Schrade Re: 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

Ramrod wrote:
Blade_1, thanks for the reply.
I'm having trouble cycling through the, coolant temp, odometer, trip odometer, trans. temp. etc. When I push the buttons nothing changes? Well actually the info. changes after a long time, or a day later. I have appx. 118,000 miles on it, it runs great. I think I have bad bushings in the driver side headlight that may be slowly draining the battery? I don't know if this could be a problem? I've read of some issues with the climate control that could be dealt with by cleaning the button contacts? could this be a similar problem?

Like Andy said, it probably is not serviceable.

BUT, if it is toast, you have nothing to lose by takin' it apart - carefully, and cleaning the contacts. My '98 GM 4-window power switch was failing, and I took it apart, washed it with soap and water, then saturated it with WD-40 (someone said WD means Water Displacement), then put the shop vac on it to draw out excess. I put it back, and it worked for another year every time.

Before you even think about that tho', you should solve ANY other problems. It is probably a pricey piece...

I don't think the bad bushings will drain the battery. If something IS draining it, it COULD be related to the DIC display. First tho', try to bring up the diagnostics in the dash. Here's how, IN A '94:

Never mind; I'm gonna' post a separate thread with pages scanned for a sticky if the boss wants.

If not, it's there for ya'...
Posted on: 2008/9/12 17:41

Resized Image

Ramrod Re: 96 LT-1 Gauge Problem
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

What I meant by the bushings draining the battery was, that the motor was trying to return to it's original position when turned off and not quite getting there?
Or better yet when I disconnect the battery I can hear the motor shut down (clunk).
Ok then, I'm going into it this weekend, or maybe not?
I purchased some online tickets to the P/V Concours Corvette Corral next Sunday and going to brunch this Sunday.
I'll keep Ya'll posted when I do get in there.
Posted on: 2008/9/12 18:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.