Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
270 user(s) are online (187 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  RPO
Regular Production Order. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

patsfan05488 Did some " winter installs " today
Guru
229 Posts

Well the new car is going well. i installed a few things today. I did the rail savors, Cags delete, column lock bypass and put some screens on my fog light opening and brake lights. I have some screens for the fenders and rear but wanted to get in the house in the comfy recliner so I relax and watch the pats game. speaking of the Pats game , those Bills could F-up a wet dream couldn't they? All of the above installs went very smoothly accept for the fog light screens. The passenger side one doesn't fit that well ( teach me for buying them on Ebay) at all/ i read to use 3m tape or Velcro but don't really understand where I put it on. I'll have to research it a bit tonight.

My next project Is going to be detailing the car. I've never seen so many small scratches on swirl mark before. This car is definitely going to be a driver and not show. I gotta buy some new pads for the PC and polish before I can get started on that though. I wonder if theres a supporting vendor from this site i can purchase from to help the cause here.

Thanks for listening ,

PatsFan
Posted on: 2008/12/14 21:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Did some " winter installs " today
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I think Eastwood would have a lot of the detailing supplies you are looking for.

I would really love to get Griots Garage over here...

I have found that for the paint, a good fine cut is nice to get rid of the swirl marks, and then follow with a good natural wax. I would recommend something like Zymol. It shines nicely and is natural.

Casey was telling me about silicone based waxes and they do seem to do bad things to the paint over time.
Posted on: 2008/12/14 22:00

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

patsfan05488 Re: Did some " winter installs " today
Guru
229 Posts

Thanks for the heads up and i'll check them out.
Posted on: 2008/12/16 2:01

Matatk Re: Did some " winter installs " today
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Sounds like a few good projects. Your C5 must have been super stock untouched if it didn't even have the CLB on it. I thought that was a necessity for all C5 guys. Glad you're enjoying the ride!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/16 2:21

Danspeed1 Re: Did some " winter installs " today
Elite Guru
Mooresville, North Carolina
1121 Posts

PLEASE REPOST THIS IN THE DETAILING SECTION... That area is dead as usual , and I am getting tired being over there all by myself

Depends on how crazy you want to get with the detailing. The PC is a great tool, for the hobbist. If you want to post some close up pictures of these swirls, and the marring, I would be glad to give you an idea of how nasty things are going to have to get.

As for purchasing of products (PADS), Autogeek.com, has some really great pads, at a decent price. I have used a few manufacturers including Hi-buff (cheapo), Meguiars, and now I found myself at home using Lake Country CCS Pads, although I don't know if they are optimum for a PC. Danase also has some top notch products, but if you want to order from them you will pay a premium. On the upside their customer service is top notch. If you have any issues with your products or need help with proper application Danase is quick to lend a helping hand. Good Luck with the project, don't be shy with posting before and afters.

Dan

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/GMNationals012.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2008/12/16 3:24
1996 Ford Explorer
2009 Cadillac CTS-v

patsfan05488 Re: Did some " winter installs " today
Guru
229 Posts

Quote:

Danspeed1 wrote:
PLEASE REPOST THIS IN THE DETAILING SECTION... That area is dead as usual , and I am getting tired being over there all by myself

Depends on how crazy you want to get with the detailing. The PC is a great tool, for the hobbist. If you want to post some close up pictures of these swirls, and the marring, I would be glad to give you an idea of how nasty things are going to have to get.

As for purchasing of products (PADS), Autogeek.com, has some really great pads, at a decent price. I have used a few manufacturers including Hi-buff (cheapo), Meguiars, and now I found myself at home using Lake Country CCS Pads, although I don't know if they are optimum for a PC. Danase also has some top notch products, but if you want to order from them you will pay a premium. On the upside their customer service is top notch. If you have any issues with your products or need help with proper application Danase is quick to lend a helping hand. Good Luck with the project, don't be shy with posting before and afters.

Dan

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r97/BG528/GMNationals012.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks and I might take you up on that ( in the detailing section of course ). The pictures might be kinda tuff cause my Kodak easy-share is old school and doesn't good close-up detailed photos. maybe Santa will hook me up lol.

thanks ,

patsfan
Posted on: 2008/12/20 1:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.