Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
269 user(s) are online (244 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Monday Sucks Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Got a headache.

Traffic was barely moving for my entire commute.

The Rockies stood around and shat themselves while the Red Sox (and the rest of the world) were looking.

Things gots ta get better, I guess.

Friday was interesting....

I went to shoot part of a commercial at a Maaco paint shop. When I come out, the owner is about to get into a fistfight with some guy out in the parking lot.

I'm driving home from work later in the day, and this car is driving 30 mph in a 75mph zone, trying to get a garbage truck to pull over, coz the garbage truck musta thrown a large rock up at the windshield of the car. The screen was totally smashed. The driver and passenger of the car are hanging out the windows, pointing madly at the side of the road.

What are they, on crack? That's what insurance is for. Did they actually think the guy in the truck was gonna pull over and face the wrath of the two people in the car? I'd feel bad, but maybe if they weren't tailgating, the damage would not have been so bad.

Then my wife is out driving with my 17 year old daughter and my 3 year old son, and she nearly gets rear-ended by a guy who wasn't paying attention. He almost hit them at 40 mph. I'm farily certain my little boy would have been killed.

The driver swerved away at the last minute, and went off the road into a field. My wife didn't stick around for whatever happened after that. If it had been me, I would have followed that sumbitch, and gave him a piece of something.

Later that night, my wife tells me that our next door neighbor asked her a strange question...

I will back track a little, and say that the man who lived in the house next door to us was killed durng some kind of rectal exam or colonoscopy or something. The doc slipped and cut him open, and the guy bled to death right there. Very sad, and not a good way to die...

So, anyway, the lady that lives in the house now asked my wife if she knew the people that lived there before them. My wife said that she did. The Lady asked if both of them were still alive. My wife told them the story about the poor guy that lived there before.

Then the lady who lives there now said that her husband will be sitting around, reading the Bible, and he will see somebody walk by him when nobody else is home. :shaking:

And the lady is also having really bad sensations when she is in the house.

E-Gads, what a crazy world!

I'm hoping the day gets better as we move along.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 14:32

bogus RE:Monday Sucks Chat
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

good thing mondays only come once a week!

sorry about the rockies... that 9 day lay off killed them.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 14:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Monday Sucks Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Either that, or they were totally outclassed.... The Sox were on fire.

No matter. I'm still not a baseball fan. It was fun while it lasted.

Back to football!

Oh, I tried to send out that model on Saturday, but the shippers were closed. I will try again this evening.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 14:37

red_johnny RE:Monday Sucks Chat
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

WOW...ya know, thats the biggest hazards on the road today, the other drivers. When did that happen?
Posted on: 2007/10/29 15:57

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Well, it's too easy to get a driver's license.

Running vehicles can be had for almost no money.

Cell phone use during driving should be against the law. (But I do it on occasion)

Parents are buying kids stupid nice cars these days. There are kids at my daughter's HS with Impreza STis and C5s. It's nutz. And we aren't even in a real rich area. Middle class, I'd say.

I could go on and on....
Posted on: 2007/10/29 16:00

red_johnny RE:Monday Sucks Chat
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I am behind you 100% on the cell phone issue. Big problem is that there are some drivers who drive for miles upon end ON THE PHONE. Hands free or not its still a distraction and should not be allowed.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 16:33

NC Kid RE:Monday Sucks Chat
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I being a teen, can say that MOST teen guys, most, excluding myself and case because I saw his offense in the other thread, are bad drivers. Now the thing with you with race cars and stuff is totally 2nd hand. A car is a giant chunk of metal. Get it going fast enough its going to be deadly whether you got 100 horsepower or 1000. Its just the matter of time it takes get going that fast. No matter how good your brakes are its not going to make a damn bit of difference in the end. C6, dodge neon, cadlillac devil. Dont matter. Its strictly the driver. Just like in drag racing......usualy its a "drivers" race. Don't piss around and speed, dont take curbs doing 70 and be courteous on the road and mosti mportantly WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVER! This teen thing with the fast cars is....beating a dead horse....Screw the stats.....Thats just a excuse for the insurance company to get extra $$$ from new drivers.....
Posted on: 2007/10/29 16:51

Touringmike RE:Monday Sucks Chat
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Well, let's try to lighten up the day (although, the Pack WILL sack the Broncos tonight)

Pic of my oldest son's familiy pumpkins (The grandkids are 6 and 3);
Resized Image

TouringMarianne trying her best to scare the trick-or-treat kids this past weekend; (I think she jolted the Blue-Boy fairly good)
Resized Image

And last, but not least, my new monitor (It also has XBOX 360, 5 channel Surround, HD-DVD player, and 25K Dynamic res., 120Hz refresh);
Resized Image

Happy Monday.
:thumbleft:
Posted on: 2007/10/29 17:19

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

You cannot judge an entire age group. If I had a Corvette when I was sixteen, I may or may not have wrapped it around a tree.

I can tell you this. I had wanted a motorcycle from the time I was old enough to know what one was. It took me until I was 30 to get my first streetbike. I knew I wanted to start out on a smaller bike. Maybe I could have started on a 1000cc superbike, but I decided to start on a 600cc machine.

Even being 30 years old, with a wife and kids, and a safe driving record might not have kept me from getting in trouble on a super performance bike. I had a couple scary moments on that little bike, even after I took the riders safety training course. I'm really glad I started on a slower bike. It's not so much about age as it is about experience.

But the terms "young and foolish" have been used in conjunction lots of times for a reason. My first car was a '72 VW Beetle that I got in 1987. I almost wrecked it a couple times. Once, coz I hydroplaned and almost rear-ended another car, but I veered off the road to avoid an accident. I was inexperienced. The outcome would not necessarily have changed if I was in a Corvette at the time. Still, I'm glad I started with a slower car.

My sons are NOT going to start driving in a car with enough horsepower to smoke the tires with no effort. They can learn control with me in a snow covered parking lot in a beat up Honda first.

My daughter has already taken professional driving instruction. And if she knew how to drive a stick today, she still wouldn't be handed the keys to my car, simply because she doesn't have enough experience with idiot drivers and inclement conditions to handle it.

I think you need to walk before you run.

I also think some of us will have to agree to disagree on this, and that's fine with me.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 17:24

VR-92 RE:Monday Sucks Chat
Guru
68 Posts

Played golf yesterday.....

Today has been all work. New job interest postponed me another month.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 18:26

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

CS, quick quiestion. You said you did a maacho commercial.....What do you think of there paint jobs? 250 for a FULL paintjob sounds DAMN GOOD 2 ME in price wise....FYI, I wasnt being rude I was just saying..................but thats regardless........ :tongue: Its easier to take words and make them seem mean in typing than if you heard my voice say what im typing then ud no right away i was saying it nicely without a attitude.....
Posted on: 2007/10/29 18:35

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Well, the cheap paint job is just that. I bet they do the most minimal prep work possible, and the paint process is not as good as the more expensive jobs. I'm not a pro, and haven't memorized their different packages, but their best one is something like $1,499. And that is a base coat/clear coat paint job.

I wouldn't do any less than that. And then its an extra $500 to have them wet sand the car by hand to remove any orange peel.

I was going to have them do work on my Vette in exchange for the commercial I am shooting, but I have decided not to have them work on that car for a couple reasons.

One, the car is a solid ten footer. And if it was any nicer, I would be scared to park it at the mall or a movie theater. It's just nice enough to look good, and still enjoy the car.

Two, I haven't been real impressed with their work, quiet honestly. I saw photos of some work they did, and it looked great, but the camera hides a lot...

If you just want to have decent paint on a daily driver, and can spend two grand on it, you might do okay.

I would remove the door handles, lights and trim as much as I could before I took my car in for paint. That's really the only way to make sure you won't be driving home with paint where you didn't want it.

But if you drop your car off with $300 and think you'll be happy with the results, I'd say you were fooling yourself. I wouldn't do it.

I understand what you were talking about earlier. No offense at all.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:02

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Why was the owner going to get into a fightfight/......Got popcorn for this one :D
Posted on: 2007/10/29 19:56

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Dunno. I'm heading over there in about half an hour to shoot some more. I'll update tomorrow if I get the chance to ask him. Not really my business, but knowing him, I bet if I ask, he'll tell me all about it.
Posted on: 2007/10/29 20:13

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

If he does get into a fight catch it on camera and post it here... :tongue:
Posted on: 2007/10/29 20:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.