Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
274 user(s) are online (242 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Motorcycles
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Who rides? I used to, but I am temporarily between bikes. Here's some pix of ones I've owned.

Here is my second streetbike, and the one I miss the most. A '98 Honda CBR900RR. Most of the world knows them as 'Fireblades' I think this one was only two years old when I bought it. I would buy another.

Resized Image

While I had that Honda, I decided to try out dirt bikes, and started cheap $500 with this '81 Yamaha IT 490 2-stroke. I lovingly refer to it as "All Motor, No Brakes!" It was a hoot though!

Resized Image

Then I made the mistake of riding a friend's Honda XR400 trail bike, and had to have one. So the Yellow Honda CBR was traded in for this guy, back in December of 2000. The bike was a brand spanking new 2001 Honda XR400.

Resized Image

I modified that bike quite a bit, but don't have any photos on Photobucket of it after I messed with it.

Then I decided I needed a streetbike again...

Resized Image
This is a 2000 Suzuki TL1000S. Big, tourqey V-Twin Superbike. It originally only had a half fairing, but this one already had the lower fairing when I bought it. The only thing I did to it was put the white numberplates on it, like a Ducati. I always wanted a Ducati 996 (hence my screen name) But never did get one. Maybe someday, but I'm too big to look cool on sportbikes anyway.

I had it for a year, and did not even put 1,000 miles on it, so I figured I would sell it. But I ended up also selling my XR400. This was in 2006.

My boys decided they wanted to get into dirt bikes, so I used the money from the sale of my XR400, and traded in my TL for these...

Resized Image

A 2007 Yamaha WR450, and

Resized Image

this little guy for my 8 year old. The only thing I wanted in life when I was 8 was a dirtbike. I never got one, and I was pretty darn proud of myself that I was able to get this for my son.

Unfortunately, I injured my back a couple years ago, picking up a 50lb bag of dog food, and I re-aggrivated that injury right after I got the new dirtbikes. My son rode the little bike once, but wasn't really into it, and I sold the WR without even ever starting it, let alone riding it.

So now, there is only the little Yamaha 50cc bike in the garage. I really want a streetbike again, but I know it would just sit there most of the time. I really enjoy being by myself most of the time, but for some reason, I prefer to experience mototcycles with someone else. And I don't have any friends, let alone friends that ride right now.

So, I'll wait until a good opportunity arises, and hope I can afford another streetbike someday. It doesn't help that on my way home from work every day is a candy red Kawasaki ZX-12 for sale. It almost matches my Ruby!

I want it...

So I know some of you ride. Post up the pix!
Posted on: 2007/11/5 16:53

red_johnny RE:Motorcycles
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Every darn time someone says anything about a bike I really miss my old one. I sold it cause the wife did not want to keep up with it the last time I deployed plus I needed money for a laptop. One day I want to get another and BTW I am a 100% honda CBR Junkie. I want to get the 600RR with the black and gray tribal paint.
Resized Image
Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/11/5 21:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:Motorcycles
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I woudn't mind getting a smaller street bike, for the work ride. It's only 3 miles and all surface streets...

the gas savings would be serious!

I am thinking like a HD 883 sportster or something. I donno... Maybe a Duke or Triumph... An Aprillia would be cool, too!
Posted on: 2007/11/6 2:08

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Motorcycles
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/11/6 7:04

CSS996 RE:Motorcycles
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Johnny, that's a nice lookin' scoot you had! Great color scheme for that bike.

Andy, the Duke would be the most fun you could have with your clothes on! My next streetbike might be something just like that. Have you seen the Ducati Hypermotard? Oh, BABY!

I'll post some pix, if I can get photobucket to stop choking on them...

Casey, HA HA! I think I saw that before, but always a good laugh! Just goes to show that women expect us to read their minds, but can't even give us a straight answer when they come right out and say it!
Posted on: 2007/11/6 15:11

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Thanks! I really miss that bike, right before I sold it I got it tuned up and man did they set that thing up nice too...rode like a wet dream after that
Posted on: 2007/11/6 21:34

94z07 RE:Motorcycles
Guru
94 Posts

"Who rides?"

My wife and I do. I have a Suzuki VX800. She has a Honda 450 and a Yamaha 125 scooter. I get sour looks when I ride my bike to one of her scooter club meetings but they have other members without scooters so it's ok. She gets sour looks when she rides her Hondamatic to motorcycle venues. I just like anything on two wheels...even Harleys :P
Posted on: 2008/1/3 0:22

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
"Who rides?"

My wife and I do. I have a Suzuki VX800. She has a Honda 450 and a Yamaha 125 scooter. I get sour looks when I ride my bike to one of her scooter club meetings but they have other members without scooters so it's ok. She gets sour looks when she rides her Hondamatic to motorcycle venues. I just like anything on two wheels...even Harleys :P
Scooter clubs....man that is one of the funniest things I heard today. Wow, who knew?
Posted on: 2008/1/3 0:27

CentralCoaster RE:Motorcycles
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Don't mess with my scooter posse or we'll slowly run your ass down and leave you with small, slightly painful bruises on your shins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkiX157qshs
Posted on: 2008/1/3 0:49

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
Don't mess with my scooter posse or we'll slowly run your ass down and leave you with small, slightly painful bruises on your shins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkiX157qshs
BWAHAHAHA...too funny. I like the one of them doing a wheelie with like 3 people on it
Posted on: 2008/1/3 0:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.