Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
207 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  New Hampshire Motor Speedway
This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway.

Also known as NHMS....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CasetheCorvetteman Its wednesday people...
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Day off for me, i just got out of bed about 13:20, and im contemplating making a sandwich, but i just dont know yet....

Ive made some upgrades to my room here since installing the new projector, ive still got a couple things to do yet, but im thinking ill go all out with the projector and cutting out part of the wall into the next room in order to mount it dead centre. At the moment, the built in wardrobes for both rooms share the same area but are side by side and divided by a wall, i can cut a section out of the wall and make it all boxed up nicely for the projector to sit in, so it will be sitting in the next room's wardrobe instead of the room its in now, but the picture will still be in the same room, just centred on the wall instead of offset like it is now.

This will be a pretty involving sort of a project cause it all has to be spot on, or the picture will not be right.

Ive got all but one of the speakers installed, ill take some pics in a few minutes and post them up. The front centre speaker isnt installed yet,cause there is still some work to be done and some thought to go into it before i know exactly where the front centre will go.

Ill make my sandwich, take some pics, throw down some specs, and give you all the tour
Posted on: 2007/11/21 4:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Its wednesday people...
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Here are some pics:

Temporary front centre speaker, there is a few items there that i have to find new homes for, got a bit of a mess in here at the moment.
Resized Image

Looking to the back of the room, youll see my projector and digital amp in the wardrobe there.
Resized Image

Closer shot:
Resized Image

Front left:
Resized Image

Front right:
Resized Image

Side suround right:
Resized Image

Side suround left:
Resized Image

Rear centre suround]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Computers/Roomsetup5.jpg[/img]
Posted on: 2007/11/21 5:26

Touringmike RE:Its wednesday people...
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Projector upside down.

Is that the way you do it down under??

Resized Image

WooHooo.
Day off tomorrow-Holiday (and Friday-vacation day)
Posted on: 2007/11/21 13:13

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Have a look here mate: http://www.projectisle.com.au/projector-guide-installation.asp

If the projector is sitting on the table like in the first pic on that page in the link, youd have it up the right way, but when mounted high or hung from the ceiling, the unit goes up side down.

The picture is projected on an angle out of the unit, so if it was up that high and sitting the right way up, the picture would be mostly on the ceiling. The settup menu for almost all projectors has 4 options, 2 are for rear projection, and the other 2 are for front projection like my setup, one is for low mount, the other is for high mount. This setup option makes sure the picture on the wall is the right way up no matter how youve set the projector up.
Posted on: 2007/11/21 14:06

bogus RE:Its wednesday people...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

wow. quite the system!

What brand speakers are you using?
Posted on: 2007/11/21 15:29

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Yes the specs, i forgot about them. The speakers are Jensen EHT series, same series i used for the setup i did for my mum last year. All the EHT series speakers have the exact same 28mm dome tweeter, so no matter which speaker you choose from the range, they all have the same note. The woofers in the EHT4 (110 watt) speakers i have in the ceiling are 6.5", and the centre EHT5 (140 watt) speakers have twin 5" woofers.

In my mum's setup i used EHT8 for the front 2, they are 140 watt with an 8" woofer, EHT5 for the centre, and EHT6 for the 2 rears, they are 110 watt with 6.5" woofer.

My setup is 6.1, so it has 2 fronts, one front centre, 2 side surrounds, and one rear centre. The .1 is the subwoofer, im using a JL Audio 15" for that.

My mum's is 5.1, so it has the same 3 speakers in the front, but has 2 rear speakers, instead of 2 side and one rear centre.

The sound is dead even on all speakers, even with 4 of them in the ceiling, once youre in the lounge you cant tell that they are not out infront of you. The EHT4s are designed with a 40* angle so they are directed to the seating position, and they do their job perfectly. Since they all have the same 28mm tweeter (same unit in every EHT model made) you get a perfectly matched surround effect.

The amp is a Sherwood Digital A/V receiver, 6.1 channel, 110 watts RMS x6, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro-Logic 2, DTS, NEO-6, composite video upscaling to s-video, heaps of preset sound field modes (like most do) and also a few custom ones that can be edited and stored. The speaker setup is very thorough, you can adjust the bass/trebble for each of the 6 speakers individually, as well as adjust the distance from your seating position for each speaker (this will automatically set the delay for each seperate speaker).

Projector is Epson EMP S5 3 LCD type, 2,000 lumens, 400:1 contract ratio, 800x600 native res (not sure what the max res is).

I use WinDVD 7 for the DVD player (it outputs a digital signal that the amp decodes for the digital sound), but at present have no working VCR, my Panasonic NV HD-620 took a dive last week and doesnt seem to want to work with some video tapes, although it will play some. The RCA 6 head VCR is no good either, it has a distorted image on all video tapes. The Samsung 6 head VCR my sister gave me also suffers from the same issue.

Its a real shame the Panasonic wont work properly, cause that is one of the best VCRs money could buy, a Home Cinema magazine i used to read years ago gave it a 5 star rating for picture and sound. On such a big screen, you can see the difference between the 5 stars for the Panasonic, and the 3.5 stars for the RCA. Its a very very slim difference, but the Panasonic was a top class unit, made in Japan and superior to all others in every way.
Posted on: 2007/11/21 16:08

Lichen RE:Its wednesday people...
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

What kind of sandwich did you make? Do you guys still eat that vegemite (sp)? It was voted one of the ten worst foods ever made. That and musk flavored Life-savers.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 1:36

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

No it was a ham and cheese sandwich.

I dont know where youre going to tell me it was one of the ten worst foods, but what i am going to tell you is that whoever stated that is full of sh*t and has no idea what they are talking about.

Vegemite is very good for you, very rich in vitamin B. So many hundreds of thousands of Australians grew up on the stuff and it never hurt any of them at all.

Its a good food and its healthy.
Posted on: 2007/11/29 7:12

red_johnny RE:Its wednesday people...
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Cool set up!
Posted on: 2007/11/29 10:31

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Thanks Johnny!
Posted on: 2007/11/29 13:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.