Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
327 user(s) are online (289 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Aluminum Powerglide
Automatic Transmission - 2 Speed

1st Gear: 1.76/1.82
2nd Gear: 1.00

- Used in production GM models from 1962 thru 1972.
- 14 Bolt Pan.
- Vac...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Wednesday Chat 12.19.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, it looks like I got my wife's cold or flu or whatever. I can't say she never gave me anything!

My brain feels slightly disconnected....:shaking:

Enjoy your day!
Posted on: 2007/12/19 15:10

red_johnny RE:Wednesday Chat 12.19.07
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

My brain is always disconnected
I hope you feel better soon
Posted on: 2007/12/19 16:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Wednesday Chat 12.19.07
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Wednesday is gone here, its Thursday....

I laid 6 sheets of fibre cement, 2 of which were about 20mm thick, 2,400mm long, and either 1,200 or 1,400 wide. Heavy as buggery.

Took the V28 into work today to assist with the drilling and screwing process, The big beast started with a 3/4 battery, and went the whole job without needing a charge, and still going full steam (still had the 2nd battery sitting in the carry case full and ready to go, but didnt need it). The Metabo on the other hand went through the 2nd battery quicker than we could even charge the first (and yet the 2nd was sitting in the charge cradle so we knew it was full!!), and the LokTor 18v went through 2 full batteries and was onto its 3rd.

Suprisingly enough, my old Ryobi 18v cordless outlasted the Metabo by about 3 screws, and when youre screwing into fibre cement this thick, that is acctually quite a lot. These 2 drills were just not built for such heavy work.

The other 2 handled the task with ease, being used for drilling, countersinking and screwing, although the big V28 worked over 3 hrs on a 3/4 charged Li-Ion 28v battery, where as the LokTor 18v would only do about an hour's worth of work on a battery, which really is quite efficient for a NiCd system. (we didnt do all this work in 1 hit, but over the course of the full day, the 2 big dogs wouldve easily got a full 3hrs use a piece)
Posted on: 2007/12/19 23:50

TommyT-Bone RE:Wednesday Chat 12.19.07
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We got the 83 Porsche back this evening. The drivetrain is as good as new. Now the break in begins. The problem with having multiple vehicles is you can never seem to drive each one enough. I'm off for the next 6 days so I'll give it a go. Another thing is that there is always plenty of detailing to do. I don't have to go to the gym. I have a workout waiting in my yard anytime I want. Add a house to the mix and there is never a dull day. I hope everybody who is sick gets to feeling better soon.
Posted on: 2007/12/20 1:47

Ramrod RE:Wednesday Chat 12.19.07
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Good to be home from work, Had to write a construction specification for a project that needs a hellofalot more than the spec calls for. I was directed to write it, sheesh, when all is done and said I'll have to rewrite and include all the details that I have been asking for years!!!! Government work, "Let's do it twice" and spend more taxpayer $$$$ Don't get me started . I'm still messin with my windows , still can't get them to work. Although it's been cold around these parts and work has been burning me out so I don't get out to the garage much. That's all for now see you later. :thumbright:
Posted on: 2007/12/20 3:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.