Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (253 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

screamin_conure Can anyone help with finding a GM part number?
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

I'm wondering if there is a GM part number associated with the T.V. cable assembly for a 1992 Corvette (ASR-equipped) with an automatic transmission.

Earlier this year, in an attempt to fix my code H65 (ASR assembly fault), I bought a used ASR unit online. In the process of replacing it, I think I may have stretched my TV cable a bit. I recently discovered that my transmission isn't shifting properly under WOT. It runs through first and second just fine, but either skips 3rd altogether or doesn't hold it for very long, I can't really tell.

I'm going to try verifying that I have my ASR adjusted correctly per the FSM, but other than that, I think I may be looking at needing a new cable. This cable was only used on '92 and '93 model years, and are almost impossible to find. I figured having the GM part number on hand might help. I'll no doubt need to resort to the salvage market to find one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ron
Posted on: 2011/10/14 17:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

1Fast04Vert Re: Can anyone help with finding a GM part number?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

This is from Rock Auto for a 92 -

ATP Part # Y747 {#10163844, 10219967, 14060120} Transhift Cable / 32 inches
Trans. code THM700-R4/4L60/MD8 (Only 1 Remaining)
Posted on: 2011/10/14 18:48

toptechx6 Re: Can anyone help with finding a GM part number?
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

There are actually two part numbers, 92 is 10163848 93 is 10215862. I do not know what the difference is, I think either one should work for your application, however both are discontinued.
I would be surprised if the one from Rock Auto is correct, as you know the cable is unique to those two year Corvettes as they are the only cars equipped with ASR and a TV cable.
Have you tried adjusting your existing TV cable, that is where I would start, good luck.
Posted on: 2011/10/15 8:28

screamin_conure Re: Can anyone help with finding a GM part number?
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Thanks guys!

Yes, topgechx6, I did do the ASR adjustment procedure on the car over the weekend. Don't think it made any difference though. I want to say that it "might" feel better now, but I had discovered the problem after taking the car down a dragstrip for the first time a couple of weekends ago, but I won't be back out to the track until next season, so I won't have a chance to check it out for sure. It only ran 14.30 - 14.50 ETs, when I'm sure it should be somwhere in the high thirteens. What I have found out too is that when cruising at speeds of around 45 mph, if I stomp it to the floor, the trans only kicks down to third gear, when it should grab second. And I know that it worked properly before I swapped out the ASR assembly.

I guess the problem might also be at the transmission end of the cable too.
Posted on: 2011/10/17 21:59

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

By the way, the 10215862 does appear to be the correct part number. According to one website, 10163848 was replaced by 10215862.

Now I just need to fine one.
Posted on: 2011/10/17 22:01

Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Let me know if you strike out, I have a used one I purchased from a forum member to keep as a spare because I knew they were discontinued. Many used parts sellers are reluctant to pull them because of the connection at the transmission and often end up cutting the cable. I paid a premium ($75) to get the one I have.
Posted on: 2011/10/18 10:25

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

toptechx6 wrote:
Let me know if you strike out, I have a used one I purchased from a forum member to keep as a spare because I knew they were discontinued. Many used parts sellers are reluctant to pull them because of the connection at the transmission and often end up cutting the cable. I paid a premium ($75) to get the one I have.

Thanks for the offer! I'll keep that in my back pocket for now, and see what I can come up with. I'll probably wait until the spring and have the transmission checked out then, so I may not actually end up needing one if the issue is on the transmission end of the cable. Maybe something is out of whack there.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Ron
Posted on: 2011/10/18 17:16

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Posted on: 2011/10/18 17:20

Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

You may want to jump on that, God awful price for a TV cable, but at least it is new.
Posted on: 2011/10/18 18:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.