Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

runner140 Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

GM ended the year at 38.7 billion in the red....thats a record folks. The fourth quarter loss of 722 million came as gm showed signs of progress.

The Dow ind. rose 133.40 points to 12373.41 as a rally fueled by gains for financial and industrial stocks lost steam.

Obama beat Clinton in the Potomac primaries. (by a big margin) The big one is on March 4th for Ohio and Texas (for delegates). McCain wins in a closer call.

"Over half the veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who committed suicide were Guard and Reserve troops, new data shows". from the Wall Street Journal.

Clemens set to testify in Congress today. Roger Clemens testifies today on allegations he used steroids and HGH during his career.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 12:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy RE:Good Morning....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Solar stocks running this morning after strong earnings from FSLR.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 13:32

runner140 RE:Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
Solar stocks running this morning after strong earnings from FSLR.

Also retail sales (for some reason)
Posted on: 2008/2/13 15:01

CSS996 Re: Good Morning....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:

"Over half the veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who committed suicide were Guard and Reserve troops, new data shows". from the Wall Street Journal.

Sounds like a MAJOR training issue! Do Guard and Reserve troops get the same training as regular military?

Almost sounds like the proverbial sending boys in to do a man's job. They can't handle the truth. Not saying anything against Guard or Reserve troops. I'm sure they are tougher folks than I. But if they do not get the benefit of the same training both physically and psychologically, the results could be frightening.

I heard the Bush signed the economic stimulus package, and checks would be sent out in May. Is that the final deal, or are there more hoops to jump through?
Posted on: 2008/2/13 15:49

FLYINLOW90 Re: Good Morning....
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like a MAJOR training issue! Do Guard and Reserve troops get the same training as regular military?

Almost sounds like the proverbial sending boys in to do a man's job. They can't handle the truth. Not saying anything against Guard or Reserve troops. I'm sure they are tougher folks than I. But if they do not get the benefit of the same training both physically and psychologically, the results could be frightening.

I heard the Bush signed the economic stimulus package, and checks would be sent out in May. Is that the final deal, or are there more hoops to jump through?

As far as the stimulus deal...I heard it's a done deal. Any one under
$75 K a year will be getting a check. I think that's what was on GMA last week.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/2/13 17:16

DrEvil RE:Good Morning....
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

CSS, The guard/reserves also account for a large portion of the total forces in the aor. At one point they consituted half the force in theater. It only makes sense that half your force accounts for half your suicides.
Guard and reserve troops for the first 2 or 3 years of this war were also treated like crap in the aor by the active components and recieved less training and inferior equipment. Heck, the DOD just recently awarded 4 star level to the director of the national guard. Even at the highest levels we were getting shat on. Most of that was because we hadnt made the difficult transition from a cold war strategic reserve force to an active participant force as now. In many ways its tougher to be guard/reserve than active. We get less benefits/trainging and spend less time on active duty but still get deployed and are expected to keep up with active components. We also have to try and maintain our home life and proffesional civillian careers. Theres alot of factors that play into it.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 17:48

CSS996 RE:Good Morning....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Thanks for posting up. Good info.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 18:01

runner140 Re: Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
GM ended the year at 38.7 billion in the red....thats a record folks. The fourth quarter loss of 722 million came as gm showed signs of progress.

The Dow ind. rose 133.40 points to 12373.41 as a rally fueled by gains for financial and industrial stocks lost steam.

Obama beat Clinton in the Potomac primaries. (by a big margin) The big one is on March 4th for Ohio and Texas (for delegates). McCain wins in a closer call.

Clemens set to testify in Congress today. Roger Clemens testifies today on allegations he used steroids and HGH during his career.

Have a great day.

The President to sign the stimulus bill "now". (2:00pm).
Posted on: 2008/2/13 19:03

bogus RE:Good Morning....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

stimulus bill = bigger debt.

It's a pile of crap, if you ask me.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 19:10

CSS996 RE:Good Morning....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Yup... A big fat steamer....

Where's mah check?
Posted on: 2008/2/13 19:29

pianoguy RE:Good Morning....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A friend of mine here at the office was telling me about someone he heard talking about the stimulus plan, suggesting that it would've made more sense to take that money and invest it in infrastructure than to hand it out so that folks could buy a bunch of Chinese junk. Smacks a bit of WPA, but it likely would've created some jobs, anyway.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 19:39

bogus RE:Good Morning....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

now that's a novel idea... infrastructure... our roads, bridges, plumbing and mass transits are in such bad shape...

True government stimulus comes from programs that get people working. The New Deal proved that. It also proved that it is a temporary solution for a temporary problem. Bush and his moronic friends haven't figured out that Supply Side is only a stopgap for a temporary problem. In the scheme of things, it doesn't work.
Posted on: 2008/2/13 19:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.