Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (224 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Liter
Metric unit of measure. In the case of engine displacement, it measures the total volume of all combustion chambers. Therefore in a 5.7L V8, each cha...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

kelley wire retainers
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

got a set of wire retainers from ecklers for the 94, they are for wide blade mounts ,it seems my mounts are the narrow blade,,they won`t work and that is all ecklers sells. ,anyone have this problem
Posted on: 2008/2/13 17:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious RE:wire retainers
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

I know the difference you're referring to and little things like this can be a PITA. You can check the HELP and similar racks at various parts stores and also your local GM dealers. I just went through this last week while reinstalling a Chevy V8 into a vehicle that was brought to us in pieces and with quite a few pieces missing. It still used stock plug routing and so I wasn't satisfied until I could do it right. I'm a detail freak and especially when doing things like this that not done correctly, can lead to problems down the road. My customers always get at least as good of quality of work as I'd do on my own car.
Posted on: 2008/2/14 1:08

pianoguy RE:wire retainers
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I got a set of those, too, but haven't got the car over here yet to see if they fit. I bought 'em just in case I break the originals when swapping in my new wires. Good to know in advance that they might not work. At least they were cheap.
Posted on: 2008/2/14 1:12

kelley RE:wire retainers
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

Quote:
I know the difference you're referring to and little things like this can be a PITA. You can check the HELP and similar racks at various parts stores and also your local GM dealers. I just went through this last week while reinstalling a Chevy V8 into a vehicle that was brought to us in pieces and with quite a few pieces missing. It still used stock plug routing and so I wasn't satisfied until I could do it right. I'm a detail freak and especially when doing things like this that not done correctly, can lead to problems down the road. My customers always get at least as good of quality of work as I'd do on my own car.
just got back from gm dealer,,,wants $10.+ for one piece..lets see jbweld and exacto knife just might work,
Posted on: 2008/2/14 16:30

Notorious RE:wire retainers
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

That's friggin' robbery but not surprising. If you can get the part number(s) you need, give Superior Chevy a call and see what they'll sell them to you for. They're good folks and don't gouge you.
888-434-7125
Anybody know who to ask for there these days? I'm thinking Chris Mays moved on, or got promoted or something.
Posted on: 2008/2/14 19:35

rayquayle RE:wire retainers
Senior Guru
139 Posts

Quote:
I'm thinking Chris Mays moved on, or got promoted or something.

Wow, it seems like only yesterday I was dealing with Jeff Kopp!
Posted on: 2008/2/14 21:50
NCM Founder #2896
NCM Lifetime #672
Graduate of Gordon's School

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.