Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
319 user(s) are online (274 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Notorious Officially received possesion of my latest engine project today
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

This will probably leave some of you scratching your heads. But I'm pumped about it. It's an original 1956 Mopar 230 cube flathead six and 3 speed tranny with less than 30K original miles on it. It even still has the original factory fan belt on it, no shit! What might an aging hot rodder desire to do with such an oddball piece? Why, modify it of course... What else?
While I know it'll never hold a candle to my modified LT1, it'll be more than adequate for a gutted, '50s style hot rod Model A Ford Tudor. With a header, a "hot" cam, (no, not that kind of hotcam!) porting, a milled head and with a homemade dual carb log intake manifold, it should make well in excess of 200 HP. And it'll look cool and sound sweet doing it. More than enough power to have plenty of fun in a 2000 lb. car with vintage style hot rod suspension.
It's now sitting in my "office" at work. That is, that grumpy old boss guy's personal work area that everyone knows is to be left alone!

It's good to be the king.....
Can't wait to tear it down, clean it up and get busy improving it.
Posted on: 2008/3/22 2:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Officially received possesion of my latest engine project today
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Excellent!!
Posted on: 2008/3/22 3:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Livin_the_dream Re: Officially received possesion of my latest engine project today
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Now lets see some pics! I can't wait to see that motor sitting in your tudor. If you are sticking with the stock axle I have some data on the straightness specs and how to go about doing that. If your gonna keep that banjo rear I could help you there too! Heres a pic of my Coupe has a 40' front suspension with a posie 2" drop spring

Photobucket

I also just had the rims powder coated and put on new tires with about a 1" wider white wall
Posted on: 2008/3/22 3:13

Notorious Re: Officially received possesion of my latest engine project today
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

Livin_the_dream wrote:
Now lets see some pics! I can't wait to see that motor sitting in your tudor. If you are sticking with the stock axle I have some data on the straightness specs and how to go about doing that. If your gonna keep that banjo rear I could help you there too! Heres a pic of my Coupe has a 40' front suspension with a posie 2" drop spring

I also just had the rims powder coated and put on new tires with about a 1" wider white wall

That thing's nice, as I knew it would be from seeing the engine pic earlier. I'm staying with all early Ford style suspension but the front axle itself will be the nice forged 4" dropped unit from CE. It doesn't cost any more than finding an early axle and having it bent, all of the early components work with it and it looks like an original. Plus, the Bell's and other aftermarket beam axles are all cast and I want no part of that. Old Henry forged his and did so for a reason. In the rear I'm trying to procure a vintage quick-change center section. If I do, there are plenty of early tubes and such around the shop to use with it. If not, or until I find one, I'll just use one of my 8" or 9" Ford units.
Thanks for the offer of help. At some point I may very well be in touch to pick your brain for some chassis or other "A" info.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 15:23

Livin_the_dream Re: Officially received possesion of my latest engine project today
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Thats my semi- original coupe. The A with the engine pic is almost ready for paint. The vintage quick change units are nice but I think about every one I have seen has had some damage to it- Cracking. I just dont remember if it was the cover or the casing. I have heard that there is a guy that was supposed to be making the gears.Do you go to fall Hershey? let me know if you do. My dad and I setup there
Posted on: 2008/3/25 1:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.