Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
339 user(s) are online (285 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT5
Engine used in the ZR1, 1990-1995, manual only....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

901stvette new vette owner, NEED HELP
Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

Hi I just got my first vette last weekend. !990 red conv. 34,000 miles. IT looks lake a lady but runs like a old bag. Heres my problem. The car was sitting for 6 years. It was covered up like the Deloreon in back to the future 3. Dry rotted tires and all. I spent the week putting on all new weatherstrips, every hose, new tires, brakes, full tune up, plug wires, cleaned and detailed now it looks like new. I know cars that sit can be bad but i stole it for 4400.00. so i figures spending the 2,000 was worth it. If i only can get it to run right i will love it. Here's what it does. Starts and misses, shakes then smooths out for a while. when warm it feels better except when you step on it. It stumbles, farts, and runs so bad that my wifes Jetta would beat it in a race.. She's also laughing at me. like I said I put all the normal tune up stuff. So where do i start.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 3:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Travis93 Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Senior Guru
Cleveland Ohio
205 Posts

I'm going to guess fuel filter from your description.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 3:57

CSS996 Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Purchase the Helms Factory Service Manuals. Then pull codes and see what the car is telling you.

Have you changed all the fluids?

Lots of folks on here who actually know what they're talking about. I actually don't

Hang in there! Somebody will get that Vette running properly. Then that Jetta will be jealous!
Posted on: 2008/5/24 3:57

Travis93 Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Senior Guru
Cleveland Ohio
205 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:

Have you changed all the fluids?

Including gas.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 3:59

901stvette Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

sorry// did that with my tune up. plus all filters. got a fresh tank full of 3.98 per gal fuel too
Posted on: 2008/5/24 4:00

CSS996 Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Seriously, don't go throwing parts at it. Get the manuals, and learn how to pull and read codes. You'll spend about a hundred for the books, but it will potentially save you thousands in unnecessary parts and labor costs.

Or maybe just pull the codes, and perhaps someone here can diagnose them for you.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 4:03

bogus Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you may also now understand why the car has been parked for the last 6 years...

Stumble and farts out the exhaust and such could mean any number of things... you have nailed the big ones...

What plug wires did you use? Are you sure the plug wires are right, meaning, are they on the right plugs! A miss positioned wire will really mess things up, so will a wire that's not fully seated.

There is a fuel filter, called the sock, on the pump. I would start wondering about that. Hell, the pump is even suspect at this point.

But I agree 100% with the suggestion of getting the Helm Factory Service Manual - I assume you have a 1990?

Here is one, but I don't know for sure if the 1990 is really only one book - anyone know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-C ... 29QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The other option is www.helminc.com, they are the publishers.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 4:13

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CasetheCorvetteman Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

1 book and the LT5 is a supliment i think.

The firing order is on the manifold, but its also here:
http://boxwrench.net/specs/chevy_sb.htm

Make sure there is no spark jumping from the leads to anything else or to other leads
Make sure the plugs are good and not damaged (pull them all out and check the porcelain for cracks)
Check the cap and make sure its not buggered
Check the rotor for the same thing
Check the coil and make sure its good, and also the carbon piece on the bottom that connects to the rotor.

Get under the dash and connect A and G with a paper clip, that will get you into diagnostics mode, which will be displayed on the digital section of the dash.

The ALDC under the dash looks like this:
[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Tuning/obd1pinout.gif[/IMG]

If there are any DTC to report, be sure to report both the number of the DTC which is the big number, and the module number in which the DTC is recorded, which is the smaller number.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 4:39

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

hi just checked fuel pressure.. i have 42 in the rail shut it off drops to 20 within 5 min.. hard to restart.. black smoke. then when i got it restarted. it started to stumble bad when warm.. what about injectors? i have maltecs. looks like a job i can do but it will take a whole day. what do you guys think
Posted on: 2008/5/24 13:21

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Multecs mate. Throw some good injector cleaner through them or have them ultra-sonically cleaned.

Dont be so quick to condem them as failed, if the car sat as long as you say without being touched then they are probably contaminated, but they can be cleaned.

I personally dont reckon these injectors are nearly as bad as people like to make out.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 13:38

SpectatorRacing Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

The fact that it won't hold pressure says fuel pump to me.

Since it's dropping after a few minutes you've either got leaky injectors or a tired pump.

I assume you changed the spark plugs, too? What about the coil?
Posted on: 2008/5/24 15:27

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

coils don't fail from sitting, but they could cause a car to sit.

the HEI coil is pretty reliable... I would expect it to take more heat to fail than 4 or 5 minutes of run time. If you suspect the coil, check how warm it is when the engine starts to run poorly, then spray it with some cool spray. If everything gets better, fast, then you have found the problem.

I would think that the pressure drop off could easily be caused by a bad check valve, but the black smoke tells me otherwise. I am with the group that the injectors are bunged up. Besides, a bad checkvalve won't compromise performance in this manner.

Think about it, the car has sat for 6 years. Whatever fuel was in the lines has now totally laquered up. I would say that is the problem.

If you want to try a cleaner, B&G makes this stuff called 44K. I have seen it do wonders for bad injectors. Pour some into the tank, I would actually add about 2 cans to one tank... a little extra won't hurt in this case.

Here is the overall reasoning: GM does not recommend cleaners for injectors. They say it damages the exposed to fuel electronics inside the injector (the fuel provides cooling). If the fuel cleaner works, it might also damage the injector, but you will now know. The other side of this coin is that no one (that I know of) will touch the Multec injectors!

A real easy test, but it requires disassembly, is to remove the injector rails and then turn on the key! It will take some help, but you remove the fuel rails and then put paper cups under each injector. Have someone cycle the crank and watch what the injectors are doing. If you see fuel spewing, there is your problem.

I recommend Ford Motorsports (FMS) injectors. They are a Bosch style and work very well. I would think the Pink Tops would be best for your vintage L98. Avoid Accel like the plague.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 17:48

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

so i took off the plenum and removed the rails and turned on the fuel pump. no leaky injectors.. took off coil and had my wife crank . 3 injectors don't flow.. checked resistance. all 14-15.2.. so they must be clogged. i will start shopping for injectors... the Bosch pink tops i had in my mustang.. too noisy for me. I like the newer ones better. this does have 22# right? i am running out of money so i will be shopping. see you tues. and thanks for all the help
Posted on: 2008/5/25 3:03

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ive got FMS Cobalt tops in my 94, and they seem silent to me.

Id say there is probably a big chuck of jelly in them which will stop them flowing indeed.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 3:44

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

Quote:

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:

Id say there is probably a big chuck of jelly in them which will stop them flowing indeed.
Ineed 22 i think yours are 24.. i am on a budjet not a mission to spend alot of money. Thanks anyway. napa wants 56 per injector. I will keep looking. I am from New York not from down under..
Posted on: 2008/5/25 4:02

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

www.summitracing.com

They have great prices on the injectors.

And you won't hear the FMS injectors over the rest of the engine. I have the blue tops and they are fine... until you open the hood.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 4:28

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
I need 22 i think yours are 24.. i am on a budjet not a mission to spend alot of money. Thanks anyway. napa wants 56 per injector. I will keep looking. I am from New York not from down under..

Ok mate, ill tell ya what. I wont bother to offer any advice or help to you anymore, cause you clearly dont want it, nor do you seem to apreciate it.

My location has nothing what so ever to do with the advice i give, i dont care where youre from. You own a Corvette, and you asked for help.

Cobalt tops are 36lb/hr, not that i told you to buy them. The fact of the matter is pink tops dont flow 22lb/hr on a GM system, they flow 22lb/hr on a Ford system.

At $56 per injector, thats a rort. I got 8 36lb/hr injectors shipped to Australia for almost $80 less than that. I could get 8 22lb/hr for about half that shipped from the US to my door. But ill let you keep looking.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 4:50

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
Quote:

Ineed 22 i think yours are 24.. i am on a budjet not a mission to spend alot of money. Thanks anyway. napa wants 56 per injector. I will keep looking. I am from New York not from down under..

I am not quite sure where you are going with this.

Casey (and I) have given you some damned good advice and you respond like this? Confusion doesn't come close to addressing what I am seeing in this post.

That's one reason why it has taken me this long to reply.

For the moment, I will chalk this up to being an internet rookie, but we treat each other like adults here, and we respect those with the knowledge. Alienating the mods and admin will not help your cause, either. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Andy
Posted on: 2008/5/25 5:47

brut Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

I think what he is saying is that he only wants to purchase three 22lb injectors to replace the ones that are not working. He does not want to go to 24lb and have to get a whole new set. Thats understandable.

As far as the "down under" comment...I have no clue...
Posted on: 2008/5/25 13:22
'02 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
'07 Hummer H3

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I think what he is saying is quite rude, but thats just me. Actually, its not just me, cause ive received abit of feedback on it.

I NEVER told the man to buy 24s, thats obvious. I dont have 24s for a start, and i never even mensioned 24s. I mensioned COBALT TOPS, which are 36 lb/hr.

I try pretty hard to help people out with the best i can with the best advice i can personally give, but that response was like a smack in the mouth to me.

He asked for help, i tried to help. He told us what he found, Bogus and i offered a solution. What more could anyone do? FMS injectors are the best priced solution out there. Bar none. At the price he is saying each, i could almost ship a whole set of 8 to his door.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 14:48

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
coils don't fail from sitting, but they could cause a car to sit.

Sorry...I have coil on the brain lately.

FMS injectors are about $220 a set for 8 regardless of size. I'd rather pay that than $168 for 3 injectors, budget or no budget.

And as alluded to above, the FMS ratings are based on Ford fuel pressure, which is usually in the 38 psi range vs. 43-47 psi for a Corvette. Therefore a 22 lb/hr on a ford is more like a 24 lb/hr on a chevy.

And to the OP, I'm assuming it wasn't your intent to piss off Case, but I'd make nice quickly...you'll be hard pressed to find better advice on your car (and possibly other things).
Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:12

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

hey guys.. sorry for the confusion... i get it now.. you see every post casey put up to help had the link to this marx parts. thought he was pushing me there every time. my wife who's a lot smarter than me told me it was his signature.. i did not mean to piss anyone off. so accept my appology. Oh, as far as down under.. i just want them like next day, that all. and I am new to this internet stuff. Im a steelworker, what can i say
Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:25

Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
you'll be hard pressed to find better advice on your car (and possibly other things).

Yes!! There are a only a hand full of guys that I know I can ask about C4 issues and have a quick, accurate response. Case is one of them. (And the rest of the handful resides at Corvette-Guru too)
Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:26
'07 Hummer H3

Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
hey guys.. sorry for the confusion... i get it now.. you see every post casey put up to help had the link to this marx parts. thought he was pushing me there every time. my wife who's a lot smarter than me told me it was his signature.. i did not mean to piss anyone off. so accept my appology. Oh, as far as down under.. i just want them like next day, that all. and I am new to this internet stuff. Im a steelworker, what can i say

ahhh..see there is always two side to every story! That link to the parts is a part of his signature(your wife was right). He was not pointing it at you, its an automatic thing.

The crazy thing about the internet is that you have to fully explain your meaning sometimes or it all seems to come out wrong. The whole "Down under" thing was clear in your mind, but when we read it we got confused.

By the way, welcome to the guru!!
Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:29
'07 Hummer H3

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

thanks so back to my issue.. has anyone used
5o motorsports, just got an e mail from them.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:57

Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

Haven't heard of them. I get most of my standard parts from summit racing. What price did they quote you?
Posted on: 2008/5/25 16:28

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

Apology accepted.

Maxxparts is in Colorado, by the way! That is rather far from down under.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 18:24

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

I have never bought from them, but they have a good rep. They specialize in Ford Mustang performance, but sell a ton of these injectors.

I have had the Blue tops for a while - like 4 years - and they have served very well. No long term durability issues at all.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 18:26

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

Sorry...I have coil on the brain lately.

FMS injectors are about $220 a set for 8 regardless of size. I'd rather pay that than $168 for 3 injectors, budget or no budget.

Last i checked, pink tops were abit cheaper than that. It makes no sence to replace 3 failed injectors, thats like putting in 3 new spark plugs cause you think the others look fine. Youre going to end up with 3 injectors flowing at a different rate to the other 5, and 5 injectors that could fail at any minute. Makes more sense to do the job right first go.
Quote:

901stvette wrote:
thanks so back to my issue...

Not so fast....
Quote:

901stvette wrote:

The link is part of the sig. The business belongs to a very good long term mate of mine, who is also a member of this forum. I get my parts from Colorado, which last i heard was still in the US, im hardly likely to ship anything over here, then ship it back to you. Instead of making an assumption, you may want to check out the link in future. I dont give bumsteers, and if i made an error, its very unlikely id make that error 1,943 times.

You might be a hell of a nice bloke for all i know, but youll have to think abit harder about how you word your replies and how they might be taken. Also remember the fact me as well as the others here are giving up their free time to save you time and money, and get the most out of your car. The only thing we ask for in return is some gratitude and the respect that goes with it. When you know us on a first name basis, we will know how to take you better. Any time we spend here helping others is in our own free time, we ask nothing more than respect for what we give. I for one am only too happy to spend my free time helping others with their Corvettes, and whether it looks like it sometimes or not, i spend quite abit of my spare time doing that.

I dont mean to sound arrogant, but a little apreciation from people for my efforts goes a hell of a long way with me.

Quote:

bogus wrote:

Apology accepted.

Maxxparts is in Colorado, by the way! That is rather far from down under.

Thats MAXX WRENCH, and yes, he is in Colorado.
Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
And to the OP, I'm assuming it wasn't your intent to piss off Case, but I'd make nice quickly...you'll be hard pressed to find better advice on your car (and possibly other things).

Quote:

brut wrote:
Yes!! There are a only a hand full of guys that I know I can ask about C4 issues and have a quick, accurate response. Case is one of them. (And the rest of the handful resides at Corvette-Guru too)

Thank you both very much for your kind words.
Posted on: 2008/5/26 7:32

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

well i got my injectors today from 5 o motorsports in california. They must of stopped at a junkyard to pick them up. I wanted rebuilt bosch because i heard good things about them. These came in a baggy all greasy prints on them and 2 had missing o rings. i'm sending them back and putting a hold on my credit card. real low class outfit i guess.. any recomendation.. i am on a tight budjet
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:42

jsup Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Hey guys, I don't want to spam, however, FICINJECTORS has been the best dam company I have ever dealt with.

Here's a website:
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/

Ask for Jon, tell him John sent ya....

He Bogus, give Jon a call I betcha he'd look at being a supporting vendor

He really helped me out, and provides pretty valuable information.

Best vendor I have dealt with.

Hope this helps.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 19:54

CentralCoaster Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Sorry I didn't see this post till now. I was going to tell you that others have received used injectors from 5-0 motorsports that were advertised as new, and their rebuilt stuff is hit & miss.

The website above looks like a good bet, or there's always SummitRacing. I had my originals redone by CruzinPerformance.com but he wouldn't recommend it for the Multec injectors you have now.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 21:03

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this post till now. I was going to tell you that others have received used injectors from 5-0 motorsports that were advertised as new, and their rebuilt stuff is hit & miss.

The website above looks like a good bet, or there's always SummitRacing. I had my originals redone by CruzinPerformance.com but he wouldn't recommend it for the Multec injectors you have now.
that was rediculous.. these people told me that they get dirty in transit. JSUP i called the guy you recommended. told him my problem. He is overnighting the injectors to me. They are rebuilt Bosch Design III. 3 year warr. Flow Matched gave me 10% off for knowing JSUP. These are able to run e-15. All our gas in NYC has that crap in it. That is what ruined my multecs. He was very helpful. he even emailed me a detailed instruction sheet on how to install these. I hope every thing goes well. I will be putting these in tomorrow and getting on the cross bronx by sundown. Can't wait.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 22:29

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Hey, I'm glad Jon helped you out. Don't be surprised to get a call back from him to ask if everything is OK. He calls people on Sunday to check with them...

Let us know if you're happy with your purchase. There are few people I have complete confidence in making this recommendation.
Posted on: 2008/5/29 0:46

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

WELL GOT HOME AFTER LUNCH AND GOT MY NEW INJECTORS FROM JON AT FIC FROM JSUP'S RECOMENDATION. THEY LOOKED GREAT! PUT THEM IN THE MANIFOLD. PUT ON THE RAILS, CHECKED FOR LEAKS. PUT THE PLENUM BACK ON. HOOKED UP ALL THE OTHER STUFF. FIRED IT UP. IT RUNS GREAT. I THOUGHT THIS CAR WAS GOING TO RUN SMOOTH BECAUSE OF THE LOW MILES. BUT, IT RUNS UNBELIEVABLE. THANKS JSUP AND JON. GREAT SERVICE FROM FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTION..
Posted on: 2008/5/29 21:25

pappyfreebird Re: new vette owner, NEED HELP
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well !!! i simply dont unnerstand any of it!!!but welcome to guru...i myself sure know how it is ta be misread wahahahaha...hey sarry guys specially you bog...i jus hadda say somethin afta readin all these posts...pappy the illiterated convoluted freebird
Posted on: 2008/5/30 0:54

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Glad you got it resolved!
Posted on: 2008/5/30 2:05

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

thanks

1 more new problem.. I realize since this car has been sitting its going to have a few issues.. Need help with the next problem. I'm cruisen down the road minding my own business. all of a sudden the radio volume goes way up.. Then down. then the 4 ways flash by them selves.. weird, i hope this isn't christine!
Posted on: 2008/5/30 2:41

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

1990? The stereo has a outer knob on the volume dial, it adjusts volume automatically. I found it annoying.

Turn it down.

4 ways? That's a bit trickier. Does the word SYS flash on the speedo when that happens?
Posted on: 2008/5/30 2:43

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
well i got my injectors today from 5 o motorsports in california. They must of stopped at a junkyard to pick them up. I wanted rebuilt bosch because i heard good things about them. These came in a baggy all greasy prints on them and 2 had missing o rings. i'm sending them back and putting a hold on my credit card. real low class outfit i guess.. any recomendation.. i am on a tight budjet

My recomendation was in my sig, however with the way you replied, i never bothered to give it. I see you bought from California, yet you wouldnt buy from Colorado. Must be a good budget youre on eh?
Posted on: 2008/5/30 5:37

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Case let it go already!
Posted on: 2008/5/30 7:26

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Let what go mate?
Posted on: 2008/5/30 8:31

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

ho hum
Posted on: 2008/5/30 12:21

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

Quote:

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

My recomendation was in my sig, however with the way you replied, i never bothered to give it. I see you bought from California, yet you wouldnt buy from Colorado. Must be a good budget youre on eh?
Case. i don't really understand the hard-on. I am on a budjet. and yea i bought from five o. They turned out to be crap and a rip. On the recomendation of another forum member i was directed to FIC. The injectors cost me $150. for the set and they look and work like they are supposed to. For some reason you keep harping on this. I don't know why. I saved for the past 6 years to come up with 6000. to spend on a car that i've loved all my life.. Have you ever tried to live in Manhattan? So if this car cost me much more to get on the road it would be terrible. All I do is weld girders on high level, I only work 40 stories plus. So stop busting my B---s. Thank you. I hope this is your last negative post.
Posted on: 2008/5/30 22:28

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

fug dude ... i dig the story...enjoy that car....now i must go change ,,,cause i rekon i wet meself when ya said 40 stories up ...sumbeechin thats way to high fer this foo!!!! i jus sent daughter ta slab city...she saw central park etc ..i said git lotsa pix in ony way ill evo see it...i like outhouses n shtuff on the ground dig!!! glad that ol girl is runnin good ,,,its a great feelin ain it...these is good rednecks in here...but i fer one see pc langauge misinterpitited alot!!!
Posted on: 2008/5/31 0:30

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

Case. i don't really understand the hard-on. I am on a budjet. and yea i bought from five o. They turned out to be crap and a rip. On the recomendation of another forum member i was directed to FIC. The injectors cost me $150. for the set and they look and work like they are supposed to. For some reason you keep harping on this. I don't know why. I saved for the past 6 years to come up with 6000. to spend on a car that i've loved all my life.. Have you ever tried to live in Manhattan? So if this car cost me much more to get on the road it would be terrible. All I do is weld girders on high level, I only work 40 stories plus. So stop busting my B---s. Thank you. I hope this is your last negative post.

I'm right outside Manhattan, if there's anything you need, let me know.

And FIC is in Atlanta
Posted on: 2008/5/31 1:09

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

Quote:

jsup wrote:
Quote:

901stvette wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

901stvette wrote:

I'm right outside Manhattan, if there's anything you need, let me know.

And FIC is in Atlanta
thanks jsup.. i will look you up
Posted on: 2008/5/31 1:13

Guru Newb
ny ny
38 Posts

just an up date on my injectors. I finally heard from the FIVE O MOTORSPORTs BOSS. he said the I can return the injectors that he said were new.. HAHA.. for credit. I sent them back, Got my credit card on line and he only gave me 60% back.. Called him. Charged 30% restocking fee and 10% cleaning fee. Now i have to fight with Mastercard.. On another note. The injectors I bought from jon: I put one in not so straight. Like a jerk I tried to realign it so the plug was straighter.. I took pliers and tried to twist. I cracked the connector on the injector. I called Jon at FIC. He sent me another injector. Charges me $4.80 for the shipping and said don't worry about the injector.. Now thats customer service. My car still runs great.. I love the vette.
Posted on: 2008/6/9 12:14

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ive sent you a PM...
Posted on: 2008/6/9 14:55

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

901stvette wrote:
just an up date on my injectors. I finally heard from the FIVE O MOTORSPORTs BOSS. he said the I can return the injectors that he said were new.. HAHA.. for credit. I sent them back, Got my credit card on line and he only gave me 60% back.. Called him. Charged 30% restocking fee and 10% cleaning fee.

Wow. Tell him he won't be getting anymore business from the members of this forum.
Posted on: 2008/6/10 7:58

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.