Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
229 user(s) are online (199 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good morning Gurus!

Well, back to work, eh?

I'm surviving my mother's visit. She has tried to start several arguments, but I kept my mouth shut, so she moved on. It is less than satisfying, but it's keeping the peace.

I meant to watch the Indy 500, but thought it was on Monday...

Anyway, have super day!

How's things?
Posted on: 2008/5/27 12:56

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Glad to hear you are managing to get along - an exercise in diplomacy ;-)

Our weekend was pretty marginal, weather-wise. The north end of the Twin Cities got hammered pretty hard with hail and tornadoes - fortunately we live on the south end.

The alarm clock was NOT a welcome sound this morning :-P
Posted on: 2008/5/27 13:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

FLYINLOW90 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Hey Guru's just coming off a 4 day weekend then this Sunday leave for 'Vegas. I'm ready to get away.

My in-laws came for a visit this weekend (they live 3 hours away)and things went pretty good. They are European (Slovanian) so my FIL is really set in his ways and can be quite demanding but things went well. Thank God.

Have an appointment at the Doc this morning to get some sleeping pills. For whatever reason I juts can't sleep anymore. Go to bed and 2 hours later I'm still staring at the clock. Enough of that.

Leave this afternoon for Kentucky and if I'm lucky that will be it for the week.

Have a great day
Gary
Posted on: 2008/5/27 13:07

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Well, today is turning out to be kind of a sad day. But I have to set it up with a story. It's my way....

One of the sales people at our Pueblo office is one of those typical "Sleazy Sales Guys". He's about my age (38), drives a red Mercedes convertible, dresses impeccably and keeps himself in good shape. He has an "open" marriage, so he is known for sleeping around. He's a wheeler-dealer, and is not above using less than moral tactics to get the job done.

The guy I carpool with up to the Colorado Springs office, on the other hand, is a real nice guy. Low key, and down to earth. High moral character. He is an assistant for the sales staff in the Colorado Springs office. This guy has been having a spot of trouble with his wife, and they are separated right now.

Anyway, the slick sales person guy has been a kind of a jerk to my carpool buddy lately. My buddy occasionally helps the Pueblo Sales staff with certain things, and Mr. Slick has been really taking advantage of this, and being a real ass to my buddy.

About three days ago, my buddy says Mr. Slick ran into my buddy's wife, and was hitting on her, and trying to get her phone number. This, on top of the crap Mr. Slick was giving my friend at work...

So my buddy and I started talking about how karma (or whatever it is) comes and bites you in the ass sometimes, and how this guy would get his...

We found out on Friday that Mr. Slick was being rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. And we found out today, that due to some complications, or an outright mistake that the guy will likely pass away today!

Needless to say, I am sad for his son and his "wife", but at the same time, my buddy and I are feeling a bit strange today.
Posted on: 2008/5/27 15:46

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I'm surviving my mother's visit. She has tried to start several arguments, but I kept my mouth shut, so she moved on. It is less than satisfying, but it's keeping the peace.

:thumbleft:

That's the way to do it. Don't let it get to you.

Quote:

FLYINLOW90 wrote:
Hey Guru's just coming off a 4 day weekend then this Sunday leave for 'Vegas. I'm ready to get away.

My in-laws came for a visit this weekend (they live 3 hours away)and things went pretty good. They are European (Slovanian) so my FIL is really set in his ways and can be quite demanding but things went well. Thank God.

Yeah, rub it in. I wanna go to Vegas. I've got you beat on the weekend, though. I've got off the first week in June. And the second. And the third. And the...fourth....

Are you sure your father-in-law isn't from Kazakhstan??? Sexy time!
Try living with the Polacks! (don't worry my wife isn't around)- Haha.

Resized Image

Other than that, it's the weekend for me! I wanted to start opening the pool but hold crap did it get cold. It was around 80 yesterday, 47 last night. That's not fair!!!

I plan on getting my coolant and new t-stat today, gonna try to work on the car. But I've got some other errands, too, so that may be put off until tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/27 15:56

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:

Needless to say, I am sad for his son and his "wife", but at the same time, my buddy and I are feeling a bit strange today.

It's sad anytime that someone goes through that, and I feel for his family. But I wouldn't feel bad for him at all. He made his bed....

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/27 15:59

LD85 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

All quite on the sales front, way too quiet, me needs PO's!

Oh yeah, crappy overcast day in INDY
Posted on: 2008/5/27 21:56

LD85 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Well, today is turning out to be kind of a sad day. But I have to set it up with a story. It's my way....

One of the sales people at our Pueblo office is one of those typical "Sleazy Sales Guys". He's about my age (38), drives a red Mercedes convertible, dresses impeccably and keeps himself in good shape. He has an "open" marriage, so he is known for sleeping around. He's a wheeler-dealer, and is not above using less than moral tactics to get the job done.

The guy I carpool with up to the Colorado Springs office, on the other hand, is a real nice guy. Low key, and down to earth. High moral character. He is an assistant for the sales staff in the Colorado Springs office. This guy has been having a spot of trouble with his wife, and they are separated right now.

Anyway, the slick sales person guy has been a kind of a jerk to my carpool buddy lately. My buddy occasionally helps the Pueblo Sales staff with certain things, and Mr. Slick has been really taking advantage of this, and being a real ass to my buddy.

About three days ago, my buddy says Mr. Slick ran into my buddy's wife, and was hitting on her, and trying to get her phone number. This, on top of the crap Mr. Slick was giving my friend at work...

So my buddy and I started talking about how karma (or whatever it is) comes and bites you in the ass sometimes, and how this guy would get his...

We found out on Friday that Mr. Slick was being rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. And we found out today, that due to some complications, or an outright mistake that the guy will likely pass away today!

Truth is stranger than Fiction!
Posted on: 2008/5/27 21:58

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.27.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

FLYINLOW90 wrote:

Have an appointment at the Doc this morning to get some sleeping pills. For whatever reason I juts can't sleep anymore. Go to bed and 2 hours later I'm still staring at the clock. Enough of that.

Leave this afternoon for Kentucky and if I'm lucky that will be it for the week.

Have a great day
Gary

Have a great time in Vegas, Gary! I last went out there in 2000, on business, but had a lot of fun. I got to see "O" (the cirque du soleil) at the Bellagio - one of the most unusual things I've ever seen. I'd like to see the Beatles "Love" show sometime. I also got to play a Jack Nicklaus golf course out there, Reflection Bay, complete with a ride to the course in a limo. Ahhh, good times. I told my wife I'd have to take her out there one of these days, as she hasn't seen Vegas since 1977 - it's changed a little - LMAO!
Posted on: 2008/5/27 22:04

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.