Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
330 user(s) are online (266 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

red_johnny My Arcade...
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Got it today, its home safe and sound though I did go through quite a bit of rain. I had tarps but they were torn to shreds after the first 75 miles! What junk! Anyway, it got wet and when I got home I tried to dry everything out between useing towls and a hair dryer. I though everything was dry and I powered it up. Board, lights, sound all came on but the monitor was blank...no power. So I tried a few other times (not recommended) and natta. So I picked up the hair dryer and started to shoot it around the monitor board and found quite a bit of water! Got it dryed up and let it sit for about an hour and presto! Game works fine! Now I just got to sell that other arcade game to partially pay for this one! Pics will come tomorrow cause I am beat from the 9 hours I was in the van. Oh, BTW...this weekend the current game in it will come out (maximum force) and the duo card goes in (area 51/maximu force) WHOO HOOO!!!
Posted on: 2008/7/14 23:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: My Arcade...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Cool. Hope the water didn't do any damage!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/15 1:40

red_johnny Re: My Arcade...
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Well, with the particle board its always going to cause some damage when it gets wet, mostly some expansion due to the water but nothing that is going to be too bad. I am going to check on it tonight to see what kind of damage was done. The electronics work fine though which is the important part.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 13:33

pianoguy Re: My Arcade...
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'd like to have a nickel for every quarter I stuffed into a pinball machine when I was a kid.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 13:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

red_johnny Re: My Arcade...
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I'd like to have a nickel for every quarter I stuffed into a pinball machine when I was a kid.
Same here but for a arcade. I must have spent (easily) $700 on games. Today you have to pay $1 or more for a decent arcade game (newer ones). You can still play old ones for a quarter. This one is set up for .50 to start and .25 to continue but I am thinking of adding a secret button somewhere to add credits faster then opening the coin door.
Posted on: 2008/7/15 14:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.