Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

VB96VetteCE Save the Wave
Guru Newb
Virginia Beach, VA
9 Posts

I live in Virginia Beach, VA and have recently conducted a survey of Corvette drivers to see what percentage of drivers will wave when presented with a wave first.

The statistic was somewhat disappointing, to say the least. Of 200 drivers I passed, only 46 waved back to me. That is only 23%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corvette owners, realize the legacy they are operating their vehicles under, well built American Sports cars only come in one variety, the Corvette.

That legacy has some obligations that owners of these marvelous vehicles should subscribe. The least of which is to wave back at someone you see driving the World's best sports car. You don't see broken down Harleys beside the road. That is because the owner would rather push it uphill five miles through rain sleet or hail before leaving it on the road like a common crotch rocket.

The same holds true for the Corvette, so if you see someone wave at you, you should PROUDLY wave back. Driving a Vette is one of the finer pleasures in the world and what are we showing new owners if we don't respect the tradition of the wave.

What is compromised in one generation is lost in the next.

SAVE THE WAVE!!!!!
Posted on: 2006/9/23 5:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny RE:Save the Wave
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I agree, save the wave for sure but we have to calculate in the percentage who did not see ya. Its happened to me a bunch of times where I have missed a wave. I drive in high traffic areas so my attention is usually on my side of the road where it belongs but I do try to look across the road now and again to try and catch a passing vette
Posted on: 2006/9/23 14:13

freakd RE:Save the Wave
Master Guru
727 Posts

i wave to people in nice old cars, i'm a car guy, sometime i even have them wave back
Posted on: 2006/9/23 17:41

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Funny story that happened yesterday. I was riding along, minding my buisiness when two cars come flyin by me and then almost hit each other at the red light ahead. They start drivin all crazy and side by side so when I see the oppurtunity I budged my way in forceing one to slow down and as I was side by side I looked over to see a two kids in the one car both staring right back at me and my vette. I gave them this mean ass look and they started to get scared (by the look on thier face) then one gave a wave....I waved back mouthing "PUTZ" and hit the gas and left them behind. They drove better after that.
Posted on: 2006/9/23 17:47

90EXPVette RE:Save the Wave
Senior Guru
Martinez, Georgia
185 Posts

I think the return wave % is a bit higher here (like around 50%) I'm pretty good about either initiating or returning a wave but I missed one on the way off post. Silver C5 by the time I noticed him it was too late...I waved anyway though :D
Posted on: 2006/9/25 18:10

VB96VetteCE Save the Wave
Guru Newb
Virginia Beach, VA
9 Posts

Good point regarding the "I din't see you" percentage. I only counted drivers that I had a high expectation that they saw me (ie: at a light together, in opposing lanes of close proximity, etc...) I will be continuing to conduct my survey, posting results and of course continuing to promote the freedom of the WAVE.

Funny thing though, the other day a guy drove by my house, I was washing and waxing the CE and he actually honked his horn to get my attention, then he waved. Now that's what I'm talking about, total respect and awe for a vehicle that has strongly forged its way into American history, through innovative technology and some pure muscle.

Save the Wave!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2006/9/26 11:43

red_johnny Re: Save the Wave
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

Funny thing though, the other day a guy drove by my house, I was washing and waxing the CE and he actually honked his horn to get my attention, then he waved. Now that's what I'm talking about, total respect and awe for a vehicle that has strongly forged its way into American history, through innovative technology and some pure muscle.

Save the Wave!!!!!!!!!!!
Awsome. Honk and wave. That was pretty cool I have to get my horn button fixed....
Posted on: 2006/9/26 12:01

CREWZIN RE:Save the Wave
Guru
Lecanto, Florida
78 Posts

Resized Image

Hopefully the hand signal is a wave! :tongue:
Posted on: 2006/9/26 17:13

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Almost missed one today from a C6 but got him just in time
Posted on: 2006/9/26 18:02

90EXPVette RE:Save the Wave
Senior Guru
Martinez, Georgia
185 Posts

Was it a silver C6? I got a wave from him the other day. I got a wave today from a dude driving a clean 70's GTO Vert...surprised me but I waved back :D
Posted on: 2006/9/26 19:37

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Nah, it was a burgandy one
Posted on: 2006/9/26 20:55

freakd RE:Save the Wave
Master Guru
727 Posts

i got one from a c4 yesrerday, i returned the favor :thumbright:
Posted on: 2006/9/26 22:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.