Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
249 user(s) are online (213 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good morning CGs!

How is everyone today? If you noticed the date at the top of the screen, I hope you realized what that signifies! I hope everyone takes a minute to reflect back on that day. I still remember exactly where I was when the news came out. I was at work and frantically trying to call NY to see if my sister was ok, which, thankfully she was. But she had friends that perished in the towers during the attacks. A sad day, indeed. So don't forget to remember the victims and the brave police and fire personnel who risked their own lives and perished as well. Big salute to them!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Resized Image

THURSDAY JOKE OF THE DAY

During grammar class in 5th grade the teacher notices that little Johnny is crying. She asks little Johnny "Why are you crying, little Johnny?". Little Johnny replies: "I’ve just missed a comma and my dad will beat me up real good". The teacher says, "What makes you say that little Johnny? I’m sure your dad loves you very much and wouldn’t hurt you". And little Johnny answers: "Well, last week my sister missed a period and my dad beat the hell out of her"
Posted on: 2008/9/11 11:31

crash Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

GOOD MORNING GURUS YES TODAY IS A DAY OF REMEMBRANCE FOR THOSE LOST IN THAT SENSLESS ACT OF VIOLENCE THAT IS A DAY IN AMERICAN HISTORY THAT WONT BE FORGOTTEN
HAVE A GOOD DAY GURUS AND PRAY THAT NOTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS TO US AGAIN
HAVE GREAT DAY GALS AND GUYS
RICH
Posted on: 2008/9/11 11:51

bobges Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

If you could change time this is one thing i would like to change. I have been privileged to watch the sun rise around the towers many a morning to start my day.A beautiful sun set is no comparison. My daughter lived 2 blocks away and my wife was working in Hoboken across the river at the time. A carpenter listening to the radio told me a plane hit the world trade center and as i was listening to the radio another one hit, I said were being attacked. I called my wife and as we started to talk we were cut off.I can go on and on but i am to mad and hurt at the moment. Say a prayer and never forget. Bob
Posted on: 2008/9/11 12:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I was in South Carolina sitting at my desk working, when a friend, and member of an online learning forum in Arlington VA posted to the group that an airplane had hit the Trade Centers... Shortly he posted that he could see smoke coming from across the street at the Pentagon and that he was leaving work because they didn't know what was happening and were afraid to stay.

I work at Andrews AFB and of course surrounded by military and a sense of security, but I feel that every American should feel secure in thier work environment and at home and not have to be afraid that some radical fundamentalist will be plotting terror against them on any given day.

At 0730 we had a short prayer and National Anthem at the Flag Pole in front of our HQ Building. It was sad, but I am proud to be an American and work for the military.

The second photo below is of the new Air Force memorial I took on Monday while photographing a Re-enlistment ceremony for one of our people.

Attach file:

png  postdeploy.png (101.17 KB)
342_48c90f59bb67b.png 300X200 px

jpg  006web_jdb.jpg (28.46 KB)
342_48c90f6a51c65.jpg 1024X683 px
Posted on: 2008/9/11 12:31

red_johnny Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Sad day, but we push forward and remember the ones lost. Keep the memory alive! I pray that one day we will find all terrorists and exicute them.
Posted on: 2008/9/11 13:27

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

A sad day that I remember well. :sad7:

We thought we had lost a member of my wife's family, but he decided to go golfing that morning, instead of to the office.

Lucky guy.

But we all lost a lot of good people that day. Especially the ones who were trying to get in, while everyone else was trying to get out.

I remember hearing stories from hospitals who were frantically trying to prepare for mass casualties... They never came.
Posted on: 2008/9/11 14:20

joeld Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning. Good words from all above! It still makes me a little uneasy to think about that day. Thank God some made it out. I don't think this country will ever feel the security we thought we had again.

Joel
Posted on: 2008/9/11 15:06

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

These events changed the personal freedoms we enjoyed as Americans and launched one of the most expensive and expansive security efforts this country has ever seen. That, in addition to the human tragedy experieced by those at ground zero. I'm still looking for more payback. Let us not forget.
Posted on: 2008/9/11 16:17

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 09.11.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I'm surprised that the news didn't really say much on 9/11 today. Wasn't even front page news. Sorry, but it should be for the rest of my life....sad.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/9/11 21:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.