Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
247 user(s) are online (198 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

Schrade Re: Lets talk GUNS
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Resized Image
Time to boost thread!

At qualification in basic, the pop-ups at 25 meters were so bullet-ridden and shot through, that one of my M-16 rounds went through it and did not register. Made me hot; it stopped me from 'Hawkeye' score 40/40. Resized Image

Auto-fire day was good too. Got 2 rounds in ALL 10 profiles (before the A2 3 burst version too Resized Image
) Range sergeant told me I needed to go 11B.

Pffft.
Posted on: 2008/12/30 14:33

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

ghoffman Re: Lets talk GUNS
Senior Guru
258 Posts

Eastern NC? Sounds like Camp Lejeune! My brother in law just retired from there as a Top. I almost got to drive a Gator there!
At National matches, they have another paper moving behind the target so that if you shoot one hole groups, you can tell how many rounds you actually put on the target. It prevents the issue you had! However, with an AK, you will never have that issue (one hole groups), you will be lucky to have all rounds on the paper.
Posted on: 2008/12/30 15:04

red_johnny Re: Lets talk GUNS
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

ghoffman wrote:
If you want a semi auto get an AR-15 type rifle. The AK's and SKS are horribly inaccurate. The AR's are available now from Remington (among many others) in 223, 7mm-08, 308 and are very accurate and have a camo finish and the picatinny rail for scope mounts.
Resized Image

Agree 100% Don't waste your money on the AK or any other like firearm. As ghoffman said, you can't go wrong with an AR. I love my Bushmaster Varminter and it has a heavy fluted barrel and a fairly good trigger right out of the box. Mated to a good scope you will be very happy for less than $1500.
True but I have fired more m16s then I care to remember. Its a good weapon but not what I am looking for. Everyone and their brother got a AR15 just not my thing.
Posted on: 2008/12/30 16:35

ghoffman Re: Lets talk GUNS
Senior Guru
258 Posts

Well it is out of your budget new, but if you want unusual and one of the very best, check out Nesika Bay. Perhaps you can get one used, they have the best of everything.

http://www.nesika.com/
Posted on: 2008/12/30 17:09

Matatk Re: Lets talk GUNS
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

I know we're on rifles now, but I have a retraction!

I talked to my buddy today who just finished his third tour in Iraq last month. He's a first sgt in the marines and we were talking today about his pistol, so I asked him about lasers. He said that the marines now issue lasers on all of the pistols (officers and sp ops carry them, I guess?) and on the rifles. He said the pistols use a compression switch on the frame and the rifles are an on/off switch. He said they even have infrared lasers - is that cool or what. He said this has occurred in the past couple years based on their experiences in combat. He said he's not sure about the other branches and their use of lasers.

Just thought I'd share

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/30 18:28

red_johnny Re: Lets talk GUNS
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

The army uses laser pointers...yes pointers to mark targets at night for the air craft to destroy. Now bear in mind that they are in communications with the air craft so its not like they are just shooting at dots on the ground.
Posted on: 2008/12/30 18:45

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.