Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
212 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mirrors
Side mirrors: both should move in all directions.

A little whirring from the motor is normal....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Anonymous Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Guru Newb
35 Posts

Im using a custo grind cam and full cnc ported heads. 93 stock bottom with 3.73 and 2400stall. New 30 svo inj, 52 tb, vented opti, and new LT4 timming chain. Started out with 275 hp and 300TQ The new dyno results are 327 hp and 322 TQ. The graph shows a hp peak at 5600 then all of a sudden both hp and TQ go straiht line down. Something is happening here. Car runs way rich at WOT in the beginning, bogs a little before it pulls and cleans out. Theres tunning issues here obviously. Im short at least 20 hp and TQ . Talking with installer says it felt like a rev limiter. My tunner said rev limiter set at 6400 and thinks it could be a valve train issue. The installer said new pushrods where needed so he changed them. Is it possible he should of left my 7200 Manley pushrods in there? What do you guys think about all this. The cam should make a little more power then tipical hot cam but it has a nice lope idle with a 110 LSA.
Posted on: 2006/2/5 16:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

VR-92 RE:Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Guru
68 Posts

Not sure.

I will say that the only reason I changed over to a MSD 6al was from being tired of the inconsistant Lt-1 rev limiter.

Now, I just set my limited with the little pills on the box and I've never had a problem since. My Revs with my hotcam setup etc are now set at 6300 but I generally shift at 5900 or 6000.

My personal opinion is the factory rev limter and factory tac lag is garbage on these cars.
Posted on: 2006/2/8 22:46

Arisa RE:Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Guru Newb
Laurel DE
37 Posts

What springs are you using ?
Also what's your rocker arm ratio ?

You'd know if it was the rev limiter. Damn nasty thing. Mine is set at 7K right now and it's super bitchy when I find it 8O
Posted on: 2006/2/16 0:57

bogus RE:Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

NEAL!!!!

Welcome bro!!!

I can't help much with this problem... I don't have enough experience with the high-po stuff...
Posted on: 2006/2/17 5:29

hulagan808 Re: Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Guru
hawaii, maui
58 Posts

Pushrods wha? should have got that right the first time out! so custom grind cam but wrong pushrod length? and no specs, huh? why did this guy ask for help? When going with a new cam and or timing chain dot to dot means nothing to me. let alone "straight up" I have seen timing gears off by quit a few degrees as well as many cams have built in advance or retard so without a cam card and degreeing the cam, you and your builder or tuner are only pretending. cnc heads tell us nothing either. cc's? deck height? no push rod length, installed spring height,ect. frick- geesh
Posted on: 2008/6/30 18:39

Lichen Re: Heads and Cam are in! Problems
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

I'm running a very similar set-up in my '93 and have similar problems. I really think that it is the tune. Some people have trouble tuning a speed density car. I'm real close to going with Alvin (although I don't really like the idea of a piggy-back chip). Are the 30 lb. injectors overkill? I have the 24lb. svo's.
Posted on: 2008/6/30 20:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.