Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
200 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

tjwong Modified injector question.
Guru Newb
7 Posts

When FIC modifys the Bosch EV14 injectors to their 70#, 83# and even a 100# (1000cc) ratings. How is that done, and how is the low end performance of these injectors vs a factory produced injector of the same rating. The reason I ask is because I have installed some of thes modded injectors that cam with a blower kit into a LS3 C6 and found that they were dirty down in the lower operating RPMs. I don't know where they came from as far as the source goes as the package was just a ziploc baggie. I have a need for the larger 850cc EV14s but I want to be sure I am not going run into the same tuning issues with using your injectors.

In the applicatio I mentioned I ended up using a adapter to run a set of peak and hold injectors which worked out great, no more issues with tuning. I just don't want to have to do that again as wiring it was a PITA and not to mention I have to explain to a customer that he needs to spend more money is also a PITA.
Posted on: 2009/8/17 4:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Modified injector question.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

I'm sure Jon will chime in soon, but I can guarantee you the injectors I got were not in a ziplock baggie....lol. When I received my injectors they were clean and looked brand new, and were in a heat sealed bag, very professional.

Jon will take care of you, TJ.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/17 14:33

FICINJECTORS Re: Modified injector question.
Gold Sponsor Vendor
117 Posts

Quote:

tjwong wrote:
When FIC modifys the Bosch EV14 injectors to their 70#, 83# and even a 100# (1000cc) ratings. How is that done, and how is the low end performance of these injectors vs a factory produced injector of the same rating. The reason I ask is because I have installed some of thes modded injectors that cam with a blower kit into a LS3 C6 and found that they were dirty down in the lower operating RPMs. I don't know where they came from as far as the source goes as the package was just a ziploc baggie. I have a need for the larger 850cc EV14s but I want to be sure I am not going run into the same tuning issues with using your injectors.

In the applicatio I mentioned I ended up using a adapter to run a set of peak and hold injectors which worked out great, no more issues with tuning. I just don't want to have to do that again as wiring it was a PITA and not to mention I have to explain to a customer that he needs to spend more money is also a PITA.
hey TJ. I know there are about 15 companies that mod these injectors. We sell them wholesale in bulk then they are repackaged with the kits. However, we have had a jig made that holds each injector at the proper angle prior to machining. We have sold over 500 sets of the modded version from 55 to 91lb with no problems.. Bosch only makes the ev14 to 52lbs, so the market is very big for these.. We make them for the LS series, Porsche, Subaru WRX, Audi and Ford GT500. Call me to discuss. If I sell you a set and you are not happy with them I will give you 100% money back.. Are you tuning these with the multiplier table or the VE.. 770 888 1662
Posted on: 2009/8/18 16:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.