Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
289 user(s) are online (244 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

JonnyAngle fuel rail connections
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

I'm double checking with the geniuses before I order the adapters for my fuel lines...

I have an early 86 and am converting to an lt1 intake. The fuel line connections are 3/8" and 5/16" on the stock hard lines, correct? I looked in the FSM and Haynes but they weren't very specific.

Thanks in advance!
Posted on: 2009/9/21 18:18

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

vetteoz Re: fuel rail connections
Senior Guru
453 Posts

How are you doing lines? New braided line all the way down to the filter / return line coupling?
If so you need Metric O ring to AN adapters to mate to the stock fittings
Posted on: 2009/9/21 23:42

JonnyAngle Re: fuel rail connections
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

Quote:

vetteoz wrote:
How are you doing lines? New braided line all the way down to the filter / return line coupling?
If so you need Metric O ring to AN adapters to mate to the stock fittings

I am making lines that connect the fuel rail to the steel lines in between the throttle body and ac. I have 6AN connections, but don't know what size adapter will screw into the stock lines.
Posted on: 2009/9/21 23:56

Senior Guru
453 Posts

Quote:

JonnyAngle wrote:I am making lines that connect the fuel rail to the steel lines in between the throttle body and ac. I have 6AN connections, but don't know what size adapter will screw into the stock lines.

So you have the connectors to plug into the stock LT1 rail fittings or you have welded -6AN fittings to the rails as many have done?

You need these to adapt the metric O ring fittings on the original TPI lines to -6AN .
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-9894DBHERL/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-9894DBJERL/

Early TPI cars have 16mm on supply line and 14mm on return.Confirm you have to different sizes before buying; someone could have fitted a later rail that has 16mm on both.
Posted on: 2009/9/22 4:45

Midnight85 Re: fuel rail connections
Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Quote:

vetteoz wrote:
Quote:

JonnyAngle wrote:I am making lines that connect the fuel rail to the steel lines in between the throttle body and ac. I have 6AN connections, but don't know what size adapter will screw into the stock lines.

So you have the connectors to plug into the stock LT1 rail fittings or you have welded -6AN fittings to the rails as many have done?

You need these to adapt the metric O ring fittings on the original TPI lines to -6AN .
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-9894DBHERL/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-9894DBJERL/

Early TPI cars have 16mm on supply line and 14mm on return.Confirm you have to different sizes before buying; someone could have fitted a later rail that has 16mm on both.

That is correct, I have just bought mine to do away with the rubber factory hoses.
Posted on: 2009/9/22 12:34

Senior Guru
453 Posts

Quote:

Midnight85 wrote:That is correct, I have just bought mine to do away with the rubber factory hoses.

But you made new lines back to the filter ; my personal preference because you can run them across the bellhousing away from heat .
He is extending the stock rubber lines that connect at the front of the TPI so he needs the female metric fittings instead of the male ones you used.
Posted on: 2009/9/22 14:04

JonnyAngle Re: fuel rail connections
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

Thanks dudes!
Posted on: 2009/9/22 16:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.