Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

jimmers Can't read or clear SIR codes
Senior Guru
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
211 Posts

I can't read or clear my SIR codes. When I ground out terminal "K" nothing happens. The INFL REST light does not flash.

I replaced my faulty DERM this spring, and it solved my seat belt and INFL REST light problem. Last week the INFL REST light came back on. The airbag light is still off.

Any idea why I cant read the codes? I read the codes on the CCM and ECM just to test my jumper wire and they work fine.

Thanks!
Posted on: 2009/9/2 12:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Can't read or clear SIR codes
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Are you grounding the K terminal to the seat frame? I've read that's where you should ground it. Something to try. Also, I read on CAC that a bad fuse can cause the light to remain lit.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/k ... t+Indicator+Lamp+Stays+On

I'm not much help with the newer style dashes, so maybe Andy has some more advice.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/9/2 13:43

jimmers Re: Can't read or clear SIR codes
Senior Guru
211 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Are you grounding the K terminal to the seat frame? I've read that's where you should ground it. Something to try. Also, I read on CAC that a bad fuse can cause the light to remain lit.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/k ... t+Indicator+Lamp+Stays+On

I'm not much help with the newer style dashes, so maybe Andy has some more advice.

Matthew

I've been grounding terminal K to A. The weird thing is that the light doesnt flash at all. I'll check the fuse later today.
Posted on: 2009/9/2 19:05

Jeffvette Re: Can't read or clear SIR codes
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Quote:

jimmers wrote:
I can't read or clear my SIR codes. When I ground out terminal "K" nothing happens. The INFL REST light does not flash.

I replaced my faulty DERM this spring, and it solved my seat belt and INFL REST light problem. Last week the INFL REST light came back on. The airbag light is still off.

Any idea why I cant read the codes? I read the codes on the CCM and ECM just to test my jumper wire and they work fine.

Thanks!

Just because the light is on, does not mean there is a code. It is often a indicator of another fault. In this case following the diag tree will walk you down.

You either have a bad Derm or a short in a wire to the IP Harness.

BTW, what did you do with your old Derm?
Posted on: 2009/9/3 0:28

jimmers Re: Can't read or clear SIR codes
Senior Guru
211 Posts

Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
Quote:

jimmers wrote:

Thanks!

Just because the light is on, does not mean there is a code. It is often a indicator of another fault. In this case following the diag tree will walk you down.

You either have a bad Derm or a short in a wire to the IP Harness.

BTW, what did you do with your old Derm?

I threw out the old Derm.
The codes are stored in the Derm though right? If I can't read them I'm assuming its a bad Derm. I'll follow the tree in my FSM and see what I can find. Thanks!
Posted on: 2009/9/3 12:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.