Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sheet Molded Compound
Also known as SMC.

This is the stuff that all C4 Corvettes are made of.

It’s similar to fiberglass, but much more durable.

The only issu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 10.12.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well I woke up at about 5:10 this morning and looked at the clock. I said "oh crap, I forgot to set my alarm". Then I realized it's my day off and that was a big relief so I went back to sleep :sleepy1:

I started the process for closing the pool yesterday, but I didn't get all the water drained that I needed. So I have about another 1-2 hours of draining and then I can put the cover on. It's pretty chilly out so it's not gonna be pleasant.

Yesterday I picked up some pipe from HD to build my pull up bar in the garage. I was pissed off at their pricing. 3/4" black pipe, 10 feet - $9.76. 3/4" black pipe, 5 feet - 12.00. WTF? I know that you pay more for the precut stuff, I've been around the game long enough, but that's stupid. So I had them cut me down a 10 ft piece in half and it cost me $10.76 (1.00 for the cut/rethread). Now I've just gotta put it together and mount it. Shouldn't take more than 20 mins or so and then I've got my pull up bar

So is anyone off for Columbus Day? Plans?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/10/12 13:17

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I woke up at 4AM and remembered that I had not set my alarm, otherwise I probably would be still sleeping.

It'll be a balmy 36 with 1-3 inches of snow today. It hasn't snowed this early in 24 years. Al Gore can kiss my a$$.
Posted on: 2009/10/12 13:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, slept all night so that helped. This morning I'm a little lack-luster, but I'm not hacking so it's better. Got quite a few kids gone this morning as well.

Going to be a quick week I think, Jv football this evening, regional golf tomorrow, MS Football Thursday and Friday we are headed across the state to our daughters house in KC for the weekend. The weather is supposed to improve throughout the week. It was warmer this morning when I got up than it was all weekend, 36* right now.

Oh and when we went to turn on the furnace Saturday evening (it was the first time this year as our house is very well insulated) it would not come on, so we've been without heat at the house. The wife was supposed to call the repairman this morning.
Posted on: 2009/10/12 14:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Matt, how are you mounting your pull-up bar? I have been looking at those roman-chair type racks that have pull-ups built in, but they are pretty expensive and seem to be built kind of cheaply too.

Anyhow, I wanted to sleep in, but the dog wakes me up every morning at sun up for his morning constitutional.

I'm still taking it easy this morning from the weekend at the beach. In a little while I'm going to go pick up my Vette from the shop as soon as my other half gets her stuff in gear. That could be hours. Then I'm going to be working on the car here after I get it home later today. I only have a few days to get it ready for next weekend for the Ocean City event.

Some photos from past events driving down the boardwalk in Ocean City

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/10/12 14:40

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, slept all night so that helped. This morning I'm a little lack-luster, but I'm not hacking so it's better. Got quite a few kids gone this morning as well.

Going to be a quick week I think, Jv football this evening, regional golf tomorrow, MS Football Thursday and Friday we are headed across the state to our daughters house in KC for the weekend. The weather is supposed to improve throughout the week. It was warmer this morning when I got up than it was all weekend, 36* right now.

Oh and when we went to turn on the furnace Saturday evening (it was the first time this year as our house is very well insulated) it would not come on, so we've been without heat at the house. The wife was supposed to call the repairman this morning.

Last year I had a similar problem with our furnace - it turned out that the burners needed to be vacuumed out. Dust was preventing the gas from traveling along the correct path. Glad you're feeling a bit better, though!

Nice pics, Don!
Posted on: 2009/10/12 14:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tom - I just fired my furnace up for the first time this morning. That first burn is really stinky when it first fires up. I hope yours just needs a good cleaning or something simple.
Stay warm!
Posted on: 2009/10/12 15:07

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Matt, how are you mounting your pull-up bar? I have been looking at those roman-chair type racks that have pull-ups built in, but they are pretty expensive and seem to be built kind of cheaply too.

I'll take a picture later. It's just two floor flanges, two elbows, two 2 1/2 nipples, and a 5 foot bar. Mounted to a header I have in my garage. Good enough to hold my weight. The pull up racks are pretty nice if you have the space, I've used them in the past. But they get in the way for a single purpose machine. (pull ups and dips).

My furnace went out last year, turned out to be a bad circuit board. Neighbor replaced it for me and we were good to go! Hope yours is a simple fix.

TB - glad you're feeling better! Hope your get to 100% soon.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/10/12 18:08

teebee Re: Monday Chat 10.12.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Tom - I just fired my furnace up for the first time this morning. That first burn is really stinky when it first fires up. I hope yours just needs a good cleaning or something simple.
Stay warm!

Well guys we got the furnace fixed....
Wife called about noon and said the repairman was there. She said, He says it sounds like the vent is blocked. We have a 90+ efficiency furnace with a 3" PCV vent out the side of the house, so I'm thinking, "Dang, maybe a bird built a nest over the summer", since we turned it off last March. I call back at the end of my lunch break to find the repairman has had to cut the vent three times to find the obstruction....a tennis ball. I immediately know who is responsible, my five year old grandson.....earlier this summer we caught him throwing pine cones and rocks down the tube for the sprinkler system on-off valve...so many that I had to find something to dig them out so I could turn it on and off....aaaauuuuugh! Kind of funny now, but it got cold Sunday in the house down to about 59*. We are nice and comfortable this evening...$131 lighter in the checkbook.
Posted on: 2009/10/13 1:26

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.