Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 12.12.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well it's supposed to warm up into the 30s today so I'm stoked. Last day of work before my weekend. Can't wait. I had a stressful week between home and work life. I need to unlax a bit.

Anybody finishing up (or starting) their holiday shopping? I've gotta pick up one last thing for the wife, but it's small at a local place and I can get it any time, so no biggie. Other than that I told her she's not allowed to go wild this year with the presents so it won't be like the last couple years

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/12 12:46

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 12.12.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12377 Posts

Morning Matt and the rest off you Gurus...We went out Christmas shopping last night...I think we are just about done. We've cut back pretty much the last couple of years. We give the grandkids bonds and a small something, and the kids we usually give money to use how they see fit.

Today the temps are suppose to moderate some, upper 30 and lower 40's I am going to work on that cabinet job and try to finish up...not sure I'll get it done but I am going to try. I told them I probably would not finish until after the holidays, so they will be surprised by the progress (they have been gone and will return Monday).
Posted on: 2009/12/12 14:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 12.12.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Matt et al.

First day to get my fat ass up and go to the gym!! LOL
I haven't rode my bicycle in three or four weeks and now I feel like a toad. Some of you may know that cycling is a another love of mine and short daylight and cold weather can really hamper a person's desire to get some fresh air and exercise. Anyhow, I joined a gym to do some spin classes and keep moving over the winter. I hate going to gyms but I got to do this.... Maybe I'll drive the vette to make it halfway appealing.

Our temps are in currently the 20s this morning but maybe getting up to 45 this afternoon.

Christmas.... aaaggghhhh! I only have two presents and a bunch more to get with little time and dollars to go 'round this year. I'm going to try to stay with more meaningful gifts that cost less. (yeah right!)

You all have a good day too.
Posted on: 2009/12/12 14:40

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 12.12.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Looks like we get a one-day reprieve from the frigid stuff, then back at it for a little while. I'm almost done with my shopping, too - seems to get harder every year. We do the dice game thing with small gifts with the extended family - that's always fun, though.

Have a great weekend!
Posted on: 2009/12/12 15:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 12.12.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12377 Posts

Well, today it did a little better than they were predicting...made it all the way to 52*...yea baby, most of the snow we had is disappearing fast. Tomorrow is supposed to be about the same. Most of the white s*#t should be gone. I got pretty much finished up today with the cabinet job. Worked from 9 until 4:30 with the wife helping. She cleans up behind me so when I get done there is less to do. I'm sure that the people will be tickled pink when they return as I told them I would not get the windows trimmed out before Christmas...they are in for a surprise when they walk in the door tomorrow.

My butts a dragging and I have to do the readings in church tonight, hope I can keep my eyes open long enough.
Posted on: 2009/12/12 23:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 12.12.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

TB - still waiting to see pics of all that handiwork!

I was itching to get home today and have a workout. Since I was in the mood I had an absolutely killer KB session. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be paying for it tomorrow or not. Regardless I've got a dumbbell workout for tomorrow that should kick my butt, too. Can't wait! After that we're going out to some Brazilian style restaurant for dinner. Not looking forward to driving an hour downtown, but supposed to be good food.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/13 2:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.