Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
322 user(s) are online (281 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

corvetteronw Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Just got her home last night after driving 916 miles through the rain.
That performance gear must really be a doozie as she tachs at 5700 rmp at 70mph!
I recall something about a tach filter? Probably need a new one. Where is it and how do I get a replacement?
Oh yeah. Car runs and handles great.
The tires sucked but I knew that and already have the new ones installed. They were very noisy especially on the cement highways.
All the little electronic gizmos worked except the interior light does not come on when you open the passenger door.
Seller told me the interior was not in the best shape but the only problem is the typical bolster wear. He told me the headlights were slow to go up and down but they worked fine. The illimination they gave sucked though. Already bought new headlights to fix that.
He filled the tank and had it fully serviced and ready to go.
The pics I got showed the steel blue paint to be faded. I thought a good buff out would fix it. Nope. Looks like I am going to spend the mod money on a new paint job. Owner polished through the clear coat in many places and the nose has worn down to primer in spots.
I got a good buy and he even knocked it down some more to help out with travel expenses. I cannot really complain.
Here's a good one. Yesterday morning I left Beckley W Virginia at 6:30 AM. Almost no one on the Interstate but me and the big rigs. Headlights just not up to the job and it was raining so I tucked in between a couple of semis just so I could stay on the road. As it started to get light a little the right side windshield wiper flipped on its side. It did not fall off but was sitting 90 degrees off! I made it to the next exit about 5 miles down the road and pulled into a convenience store with overhead shelter. Looked at the wiper and it seems the plastic clip busted off. The windshield was not scratched though and with my trusty roll of duct tape I was able to make it back to Michigan,
Fun trip! Got 22.3 mpg even with all that mountain driving in West Virginny.
Pics later as I get more time.
Posted on: 2009/12/14 22:29

BillH Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Excellent

New paint's always better anyway. And block sanding doesn't take much longer than a good buff job.
Posted on: 2009/12/14 22:53

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Tach filter mate yeah, id say there is a fair chance.
Posted on: 2009/12/15 0:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

joeld Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Corvette Central has the filter, #393125. It's been awhile since I was looking for one of these, but number should be OK

Also here is another source

http://www.rodneydickman.com/CorvetteTachFilter.html

Joel
Posted on: 2009/12/15 1:24

Matatk Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Ron, I bet you're excited! It's been a while since you've been vette-less. Sounds like a couple minor problems to work out. Tach filter should take care of that rpm problem. Probably the door switch on the passenger side for the lights. For wipers, get the low profile type. Headlights, I'm very happy with the H4 upgrade. If the bolster is worn on the one side, I'd think about swapping it for the passenger side depending on what type of seats you have. I have the iggee seat covers and am not really that satisfied with them overall. If I had to do it over again, I'd wait a little longer and reskin them. Lots of little things, I've been through it all.

Let me know when you're coming to Chicago again and we'll get together.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/15 1:37

corvetteronw Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Thanks - I will get the Corvette Central one. They are having a Christmas special right now with free shipping!
Posted on: 2009/12/15 2:54

vetteoz Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Senior Guru
453 Posts

Posted on: 2009/12/15 6:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Just remembered that I belong to Gordon Killebrew's new troubleshooting "club" which is associated with Jason and Tobey of Vette2Vette.
I have a phone appointment with him at 6PM Friday the 18th. Tobey says it will take him about 5 minutes to talk me through the fix.
Here is the web site for more info. I signed up at Carlisle this year and got $20 off. Why not avoid wading through a lot of inaccurate or bad advice and just go to the source?
http://www.corvettetroubleshooting.com/
Posted on: 2009/12/17 5:05

Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

Let me try a pic. She's dirty from the wet road trip. I have the new champagne '03 Corvette wheels on but have not had the center sections painted to match as yet.
I will have to get the car totally painted before I can go out in public though.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9c ... /r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/
Posted on: 2009/12/17 5:17

Matatk Re: Tachometer. 91 A4 w/performance rear gear
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Looks great with those rims! And keep us posted on how well the Gordon walk-thru went.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/12/17 12:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.