Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Tre57 SES & H32
Senior Guru
Portland, OR
104 Posts

This car has had a mind of its own when idling and warm. Drives great for about 10 min then idles too low (I usually put it in neutral at stop lights because of this). However, in past several days, the idle climbs to 1000, 1500, sometimes close to 2000 when it's been on the road for 20-30 minutes or so. Up until yesterday no codes (at least in module 4) were present.

Yesterday I took it for 50 mile ride down freeway. About 30 miles in, the SES came on and I was actually happy to see it as weird as that may sound. Maybe something to give me a clue as to what the problem is. The SES did not come on when I restarted the car to head home. It did come back on later in the drive. After I got off the freeway, the idle went low then started to raise up (1000-1500 or so) then back down. Then the car almost died and actually "ran on" or "dieseled" for a couple seconds. Never completely shut off though. The SES light turned OFF at that point.....

Pulled the codes this morning and got the H32 EGR valve or circuit code. While retrieving the codes I also noticed there was no C12 code.

The SES never comes on when the idle issues are present. Is the EGR valve causing all the idle problems or is that another issue? I should add, the fuel pump is pretty loud when the idle issues are present. (the pump is new)

The other codes that came up:

C25, H25 courtesy lights
H72 LCD dimming open
H74 LED display open

I know I'm forgetting something and if I had the cash I would just replace the opti, map, iac, iat, egr, O2 sensors and go from there. I don't have funds to do this right now so hopefully, with help, the issue can be found with minimal R&R.

Thanks so much!
Posted on: 2010/3/19 19:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

jaa1992 Re: SES & H32
Guru
Stone Mtn, GA (near Atlanta)
187 Posts

Unplug the egr selenoid from the egr.
Apply vaccum to the egr valve.
Does it hold? does the arm move?
If no - replace the egr valve.
If yes then keep looking for a vaccum leak in the circuit.
I have one near the AIR stuff below the ASR. I'll get around to getting a longer vaccum hose to fix it.

The rest of your issues may be resolved by cleaning and reattaching the grounds.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 19:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: SES & H32
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, do the checks above.
Your symptoms with the SES light are identical to what I had on my 92. Did the checks, replaced the valve, SES light's off.

The H72,74, I've had them on and off for 5 years and just ignore them, it's not worth it to me to dig into them.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 19:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.