Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
252 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

smooth 4L60e Bushing sizes
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Hi Gang, does anyone know what range of sizes of bushing drivers are for the4l60e? I have to pick some up...I've got a used trans to learn on coming on Sat. Its from behind '95 Z28 that the Guy only wants $125 for . With Pete's Teaching threads and an ATSG manual I've put my mind to it .....I'm going to learn something new! I'tired of being bored
Posted on: 2011/2/9 22:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pr0zac Re: 4L60e Bushing sizes
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

a 95 4l60e is different from the 94 fyi.
Posted on: 2011/2/10 1:45

smooth Re: 4L60e Bushing sizes
Senior Guru
386 Posts

I have a 95 block and a keyboard that can find summitt racing and Jegs for 383 parts . Man!!,I drove a 95 z28, it was fuun......besides, it is an honest effort to learn the Trans,so, I need to pickup afew tools.

I could always get reprogrammed.....
Posted on: 2011/2/10 3:37

pr0zac Re: 4L60e Bushing sizes
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

you would have to get your pcm reprogammed. but you would also have to add a wire to the harness for the pcm to be able to control pwm valve. or instead of that you could just lock the valve back. its not impossible to run the transmission but there is the above that needs to be done.. i use to own a 94 trans am and it ate transmissions for breakfast. 94 is a one of a kind of sorts for transmissions. if you haven't purchased the trans yet you can find them in trucks and caprice/impala's also.
Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:09

Senior Guru
386 Posts

Quote:

pr0zac wrote:
you would have to get your pcm reprogammed. but you would also have to add a wire to the harness for the pcm to be able to control pwm valve. or instead of that you could just lock the valve back. its not impossible to run the transmission but there is the above that needs to be done.. i use to own a 94 trans am and it ate transmissions for breakfast. 94 is a one of a kind of sorts for transmissions. if you haven't purchased the trans yet you can find them in trucks and caprice/impala's also.

My Vet is the '94 (and actually the 95 short block is vette too} Remember, this is a learning tool for me and 95 z28s are 1500 to 3000 around here. I'm sure I could just rebuild it and toss it into a camaro if I get the build right. besides some kid is bound to pick it up this summer. I don't need to make a buck, just learn so I can do the vette at a later date Josh.

Pete? any help on the bushing sizes. They seem to come in a kit containing 12 or so to redo them all but no sizes listed. Mabey in the factory manual?
Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:39

PeteK Re: 4L60e Bushing sizes
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

It isn't simple, unfortunately.
The bushings are driven into their respective bores, to all different depths. There is no stop to locate them.
The correct driver shall have 2 steps. The lower step is the same od as the id of the bushing (less a thou or 2)
The upper step of the bushing will match the bore the bushing will go into (less a couple of thou).
I have never seen a driver set work, other than the specific specialty drivers offered for transmsiions.
Most shops have an approx 40 pc master set that runs 6-7 hundred bucks or more.
I own the 13 piece set specific to a 700r4, and think I paid about $300 for it. Perhaps e-bay has used sets?
Posted on: 2011/2/10 18:29

Senior Guru
386 Posts

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
It isn't simple, unfortunately.
The bushings are driven into their respective bores, to all different depths. There is no stop to locate them.
The correct driver shall have 2 steps. The lower step is the same od as the id of the bushing (less a thou or 2)
The upper step of the bushing will match the bore the bushing will go into (less a couple of thou).
I have never seen a driver set work, other than the specific specialty drivers offered for transmsiions.
Most shops have an approx 40 pc master set that runs 6-7 hundred bucks or more.
I own the 13 piece set specific to a 700r4, and think I paid about $300 for it. Perhaps e-bay has used sets?

I understand the 2 step function. ebay is a great option as well as Craigs list. Infact there are 2 sets on CL now with about a dozen pieces each ranging in size from 3/8 to 1 3/8 on the largest. Ijust need to know whats the largest one I'll run into. would sets this small cover any of what I might run across? Mabey I'll just need to grab a set like you have pete only specific to the 700r4/4l60e. I can't say price is no option, but I can spend to buy what I'll be needing. I'm a Pharmacist and I'm used to learning something new every day, but this cancer/chemo has had me out of work now for 2 years and I need to keep learning something new or I'll go bananas! I like a good challenge and this seems like it will make me think. So, basically, I need to know if sets in that size range will be a good starting point? are they too small? need to be metric? and what is the largest I should expect to see.

P.S. sorry for the rant mid-paragraph gents, no offense I hope. alan
Posted on: 2011/2/10 19:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.