Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
282 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  New Hampshire Motor Speedway
This is the new name for New Hampshire International Speedway.

Also known as NHMS....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus The root of the problem [PRC]
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Posted on: 2011/12/13 6:35

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CentralCoaster Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I would support a voting process that is better than open primaries. Basically 2 voting rounds, and the incumbent also has to run. The top two votegetters then get a runoff election. Everyone votes their conscience, problem solved.

This primary process sickens me. It's basically a long painful expensive effort to put as many individuals into one box as possible, so they can have a voting contest with everyone crammed in the other box.
Posted on: 2011/12/13 7:28

bogus Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Thank's to the LV Review law suit, I cannot allow text of copyrighted articles to be reposted, in any quantity.

If the Huffington Post was concerned about this, and found out, they could have me for lunch.
Posted on: 2011/12/13 8:57

TommyT-Bone Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Concerning the well written article, it pretty well describes the song I've been singing for years. Just like the USPS, the current process is outdated. We would be better served by computers. Think of the billions that could go to spending in the economy. Yes a computer could be corrupted or manipulated. So what's the difference between that and todays politician? Think of the retirement and benefit savings, the accomidation savings, the savings on building usage and traffic flow. What about representation? A computer would simply relay the wishes of the people and vote either yes or no. No phillibuster, no discussion, no dilly dallying around, no holds till after the break, no partisan politics, no deals, no pork. Let's put America back to work. Fire the politicians.

Attach file:

jpg  first_amendment_protest.jpg (10.65 KB)
852_4ee73cfd504d4.jpg 220X245 px
Posted on: 2011/12/13 11:55

flyboy Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Why wasn't there more of an outrage after the Court decision?
It just shows how deeply indentured are the politicians to those that hold the purse strings and the morals of those that do.
It seems impossible, but we do need private campaign finance elimination.
Posted on: 2011/12/13 13:29

Steve40th Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

The voting process is outdated no doubt. I honestly believe the voting, we as citizens do, is just a smoke and mirrors show. I honestly beleive the electoral vote is rigged/paid off etc for the people truly running this governement. Voting and corruption has been around forever, and it is just more detailed now. I bet if no one votes you will still have numbers being presented that people did.
Posted on: 2011/12/14 17:37

CentralCoaster Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Yeah, it's more obvious now than ever when you compare the media reporting with people on the street or even the public polls.
Posted on: 2011/12/14 19:08

bogus Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Steve40th wrote:
The voting process is outdated no doubt. I honestly believe the voting, we as citizens do, is just a smoke and mirrors show. I honestly beleive the electoral vote is rigged/paid off etc for the people truly running this governement. Voting and corruption has been around forever, and it is just more detailed now. I bet if no one votes you will still have numbers being presented that people did.

When the corruption is so endemic that it is so integrated into the process as not to be seen, then you have a problem.
Posted on: 2011/12/15 1:54

JrRifleCoach Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

The voting process is fine IF every state requires state DL/identification to cast a vote.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED IS TERM LIMITS ON ALL ELECTED POSITIONS IN GOVERNMENT! Eliminate career politicians!

Eliminate the laws created by politicians that prevents them from been above the rest. Health care, retirement pensions are all a crock of poo and need to be eliminated. Lifetime pensions for 2-4 years of service? Even if your evicted from office? Being convicted of a felony does not excuse you from public service? But its OK to say your sorry after killing someone and move on? Insider trading, lying, cheating, stealing (oops thats a song) is a shocking norm we've come to expect from law makers in DC!?!

We can no longer stand to let DC become the poster child for hiding criminals.
Posted on: 2011/12/15 4:44
As democracy is perfected, the POTUS represents more closely the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a fool and narcissistic moron.

TommyT-Bone Re: The root of the problem [PRC]
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
The voting process is fine IF every state requires state DL/identification to cast a vote.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED IS ALL ELECTED POSITIONS IN GOVERNMENT! Eliminate politicians!

Eliminate the politicians. That prevents them from being above the rest. We can no longer stand to let DC go on.

That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
Posted on: 2011/12/15 14:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.