Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
180 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, it has been cold and snowy in my part of the world. The nozzles that deliver windshield washer fluid to the windscreen on my company van decided to stop working about ten miles from home during a slushy drive to work. The motor is working, but I think maybe the hoses are clogged or frozen...

So my buddy that I carpool with and I turned around and grabbed his sUV. I'm about an hour late getting to work this morning. No big deal. Just a pain in the arse.

I got new tires for my Amigo last night. I got a pretty good deal. My wife works at a Wal-Mart, and they had a set of Goodyear Tracker 2 tires (31X10.5X15) that were originally $160 each. They are a discontinued tire, so they were marked down to $110 each. On top of that, my wife gets a 10% discount at Wal-Mart. On top of THAT, for Christmas each year, Wal-Mart gives employees an additional 10% off of one item in the store. We got special permission to have that one item be a set of five tires!

So, with five new tires, mounted, balanced, road hazard warranty, rotations for life, disposal fees and everything, it was like $540 for all five tires.

Pretty sweet deal, I think!

How's everyone's day looking?
Posted on: 2007/12/11 16:12

Touringmike Re: Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:

So, with five new tires, mounted, balanced, road hazard warranty, rotations for life, disposal fees and everything, it was like $540 for all five tires.

Pretty sweet deal, I think!

How's everyone's day looking?

5 tires?

Do you have a duelie set-up on one side of the rear axle?

Snowing/freezing rain here today.
Kids are home, school and college have been canceled.
New Media is making it out to be "Blizzard '07", Storm of the Decade (so far). Idiots
Posted on: 2007/12/11 18:12

CSS996 RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

5 tires...

Needed a spare too! These are the old tires.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/12/11 18:28

TommyT-Bone RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Yup, I know just how you guys feel. I watched it this morning on my TV.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 18:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

HEY! Welcome Tommy!
Posted on: 2007/12/11 19:06

red_johnny RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I finally got my work load under control and with hope of having my vette for this weekend I am feeling pretty good
Posted on: 2007/12/11 19:39

Touringmike RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:
Yup, I know just how you guys feel. I watched it this morning on my TV.

Well, at least you didn't rub in in.

My In-laws call daily to tell the wife how warm and sunny it is in Leesburg/Claremont.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 20:41

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I sure would not rub it in saying it was in the 80's today here.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 21:53

NC Kid RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Cars been in the shop since sunday. Hopefully I will get it back for saturday night but I don't have my hopes up. Gas gauge float is still not worknig so it says full constantly till it hits reserve, the neon wiring is getting echecked, out, heat is not working correctly. Also, the digidash flickers and goes haywire so he says he will check the connections and look for a broken solder. Heater core seems to be fine but apparently theres a vacum that opens up and lets the hot water come thru so that might be a suspect. Looking for a front headlight motor as well. Might be the gears though but they don't look stripped. Still havent gotten to look at the window much. Probably a ribbon but maybe not. Once it comes back home I am going to rinstall the interiro pieces and FINIALLY have a halfway normal car. Going to replace the foglight switch before though and I already bought a new headlight rod/knob to complete it out. Much thanks to T.A.O.D. for ordering for me. Car passed inspection a while back which is nice. Made a complete list of everything that needs to be done to the car for it to be up to par and it's pretty long but I can do all of it which is a good learning experience. Radiator needs to be cleaned becaue there is a ton of leaves on the front, flush out the system, put on some new hoses, and maybe a new cap. Already has a new thermostat. That about covers it all for me.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 22:26

TommyT-Bone RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It's been dry and dusty down here. Washed Saturday night, dirty Sunday afternoon. Today I rinsed them off, dried them and put on the car covers.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 23:58

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

A haywire dash? Whats your voltage like? Sounds like its not getting enough juice. At least that is what has happened to me before...but then I had a bad alternator.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 0:24

bogus RE:Tuesday Chat 12.11.07
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Cars been in the shop since sunday. Hopefully I will get it back for saturday night but I don't have my hopes up. Gas gauge float is still not worknig so it says full constantly till it hits reserve, the neon wiring is getting echecked, out, heat is not working correctly. Also, the digidash flickers and goes haywire so he says he will check the connections and look for a broken solder. Heater core seems to be fine but apparently theres a vacum that opens up and lets the hot water come thru so that might be a suspect. Looking for a front headlight motor as well. Might be the gears though but they don't look stripped. Still havent gotten to look at the window much. Probably a ribbon but maybe not. Once it comes back home I am going to rinstall the interiro pieces and FINIALLY have a halfway normal car. Going to replace the foglight switch before though and I already bought a new headlight rod/knob to complete it out. Much thanks to T.A.O.D. for ordering for me. Car passed inspection a while back which is nice. Made a complete list of everything that needs to be done to the car for it to be up to par and it's pretty long but I can do all of it which is a good learning experience. Radiator needs to be cleaned becaue there is a ton of leaves on the front, flush out the system, put on some new hoses, and maybe a new cap. Already has a new thermostat. That about covers it all for me.

I can tell you right now that the gas sender is bad. Get used to it. The GM senders are horrible. And they are EXPENSIVE - $350.00.

I use the trip odo, and refill ever 200 miles. Whether I need it or not.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 5:36

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I can tell you right now that the gas sender is bad. Get used to it. The GM senders are horrible. And they are EXPENSIVE - $350.00.

I use the trip odo, and refill ever 200 miles. Whether I need it or not.

Not likely. The guy said that it's hard to get it to sit exactly right. My dad replaced the fuel pump and since then it has not been right.

Haywire dash means it blacks out completly and then goes blurry sometime.

If the bill comes out to 350 for the gas sender unit plus labor my dad will FALIP!!! That is expensive. Hope it's not that. It was pretty accurate before that. I think my injectors are about to go out or atleast one of them. When I let the car idle, it ticks LOUD. Thought it was a bad lifter but pinned to to the injectors unless it's something below them. Didn't use to tick.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 6:34

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

350....expensive Good thing you dont have my vette
Posted on: 2007/12/12 16:20

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

If it wasn't so dang old, I think it would be better. From a standpoint, it looks like a piece of crap because stuff wears out but then again, since it is all original, it's lasted 20+ years. I just wanna drive the stupid thing without wondering, hmmm, am I going to get this thing home tonight or leave it sitting on the side of the road.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 16:35

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

From all the problems I have had I wonder that every time I get it the thing....but I love it so I cant sell it. Oh, my wife is trying to pawn off the tranny as a eary xmas gift Speaking of which, I need to buy her something yet.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 19:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.