Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
298 user(s) are online (261 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Regular Production Order
Commonly known as RPO. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.

Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, I did not buy anything other than lunch yesterday. Thank goodness....

Most of my freelance money is gonski, so I will be back to my paycheck-to-paycheck self pretty soon! It is sad not to have all that cash sitting around, calling my name. But I bought a few things that I really needed, (Tires) and a few things that I have really been wanting, so hey... Money is worthless if you don't spend it, eh?

Today is day two of my carpool buddy and I driving my daughter's purple car to work. Now, I am fairly secure in my manhood, but I have to wonder if anyone is getting the wrong impression, seeing two guys get out of a little purple car....

Ah.... Let 'em talk! Everyone deserves a good laugh every now and then!

What's the latest, everyone?

And where is Casey?
Posted on: 2007/12/13 15:42

bogus RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

It's still chilly here in the morning... other than that, all is well.

Had a big meeting at work, where the owner of the company came in and gave us great props for the software we have been working on. He was VERY impressed.

That is always a GREAT thing!!!

I think I am getting a new toolbox for Christmas. I hope, I need more drawer space.
Posted on: 2007/12/13 15:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NC Kid RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I figured I would ask this. Bout a year ago, went to the denist, I go every six months, and they said I had gingivitus and she said my teeth were in poor condition and I was looking at tooth loss at age 30. That was the hyginist who CLEANS the teeth. Then the head denist/owner came in, said everything looks good and left. So I changed denist and went about 6 months ago and she said my teeth rnt falling out but I did have al ittle bit of ginigivitus. Took a X-Ray, I was gagging like mad when they stuck this piece of material in my mouth. No cavities... Ive noticed now some of my gum has reeceded on my front four teeth. I brush everyday twice a day, floss and use Listerine(BURNS!). Sooo...am wondering what's going on with my teeth. They feel a little weird. I keep looking at them in the mirror thinking I am gong to be toothless. No I aint being paranoid either. I don't know if I still have ginigvitus or not. Dunno how to get rid of it and the earlist apointment I can get for the dentist is in the middle of february. Don't even bring up the "electric" toothbrush. I been using those things for 2 1/2 years now. Anyway, my breath smells fine and my teeth rnt dirty or stained. Am I just doomed to bad luck here or what?!? More I think bout it, the better it would be to move to a HUGE city. That way theres more variety, the cops dont pull you over for stupid reasons, and there are actually some intelligent people.
Posted on: 2007/12/13 16:48

red_johnny RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I dunno whats wrong with ya. I do know that I have to put the vette BACK into the shop cause it will not go into reverse...(again). Its a brand new tranny!! I am wondering if they changed the linkages or not.
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:08

CSS996 RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Hmmm... Well if you brush twice a day and use Listerene, I'd say you are doing your part. I guess you could throw flossing in there too. My teeth are really close together, so flossing is a HUGE PITA for me. I keep breaking the floss trying to get it between my teeth.

Is there a larger city nearby with a dentist that could take a look at you? If not, I don't think waiting until Feb. is going to hurt you much. I would tell your DENTIST, not the hygenist, what the last hygenist said, and that you are worried about it. Your dentist should be able to answer your questions, and either calm your fears, or recommend treatment.

Your teeth feeling weird might just be psychological, since you are a little worried about it right now.

Stay cool. Wait until Feb. and let the dentist know what's on your mind.
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:13

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:
I dunno whats wrong with ya. I do know that I have to put the vette BACK into the shop cause it will not go into reverse...(again). Its a brand new tranny!! I am wondering if they changed the linkages or not.

SON OF A....
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:14

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:
It's still chilly here in the morning... other than that, all is well.

Had a big meeting at work, where the owner of the company came in and gave us great props for the software we have been working on. He was VERY impressed.

That is always a GREAT thing!!!

I think I am getting a new toolbox for Christmas. I hope, I need more drawer space.

Congrats on that, Andy! I am betting software engineering can be a pretty thankless task. If it works well, nobody notices. If it's buggy, everybody let's you know pretty quickly. Always nice to get a compliment!
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:21

TommyT-Bone RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Supposed to rain the next few days. Waiting for the return of my rebuilt cluster for the 90 Coupe. Hope to get it back next week. They (Southern Electronics) have had it since Nov.28.They are supposed to work on it today or tomorrow.We'll see. Maybe get my 83 911 back Friday after a total rebuild. Tranny, clutch and engine. Break in time coming for that one. I have a headlight motor ready to install on the 91. If only I had more time. Funny how work always seems to get in the way of things I need to do.
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:39

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Pix of 911 Please!

I'll have one someday...
Posted on: 2007/12/13 17:46

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Resized Image

It had a bad synchro,1st and second worn,clutch was rigged and the engine had an oil leak. We picked it up at a good price but after the rebuild I'm back to fair market value. At least I get to start all over again with 0 miles on the power train. It was all torn down and professionally rebuilt with a lifetime warranty from the builder. If it breaks while he still owns the shop, he'll repair it. He has a Porsche shop and has an outstanding reputation. We could have drove it like it was but my wife and I lean toward perfection when it comes to our cars. If it's broke......fix it. We had a couple other maintenance issues repaired too like the front and rear windsheild seals, sticking door handle, etc. It's a 1983 911 turbo look coupe with a 3.0 litre engine. Last year of this set up. 84 went to a 3.2
Posted on: 2007/12/14 0:16

red_johnny RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

N-I-C-E
Posted on: 2007/12/14 2:52

Touringmike RE:Thursday Chat 12.13.07
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Quote:
Resized Image

Is that the same one that used to be white? Or am I confusing it with someone elses?
Posted on: 2007/12/14 4:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Resized Image

Resized Image

You did see a white one too. Here is the stable. That's why I don't buy a new ride. More older toys to play with.
Posted on: 2007/12/14 12:10

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Mmmmmm....

Normally aspirated with turbo fenders. My first choice!

My wife and I do not normally agree on which cars are coolest, but that is one we both want.

Hopefully I can swing it sometime during the next decade...

I found a 911 for sale in Pueblo Colorado (which never happens) right before I bought my Vette. But it was one of those mid-year cars that needed some updates. I THINK it was one of the silver anniversary cars. It was silver, of course, and had this crazy silver and black hounds tooth interior. It looked to be in good condition, but the owner wanted $20,000 for it. That seems unreasonable to me, but perhaps if it was an anniversary edition.... Dunno much about Porsche pricing.

But I've loved them since I was a very small person. My aunt had a 912, but I only remember it from a couple photos. Dark green. Skinny little tires. But still a Porsche.

I built a fairly large Tamiya model of the Jeagermeister Racing Porsche. This was before I became a fan of Jeager... I painted it silver. I think I was in high school when I built it. I still have it in the basement. It has seen better days, but I can't seem to part with it.

Enjoy that fine car!
Posted on: 2007/12/14 15:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.