Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
315 user(s) are online (268 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Paranormal experiences?
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

OK Gurus....

I was kinda trying to forget about this, but I was hanging out on an Isuzu site, and this just sorta came up, based on someone else's post. I'm wondering if any of you guys have had strange experiences. Like seen ghosts or whatever... Here is a true story that happened to me a few years ago. I just copied what I typed from the other site.

...Went to Ouray the weekend before Thanksgiving about three years ago. I was with a group who was attempting to film one of those "Ghost Chaser" kinda TV shows.

I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at, but it was closed for that weekend. Only the caretaker was there with us.

I did not believe in any of the supernatural sillyness.

This is a VERY SHORT version:

A woman named Ellar Day was murdered in the hotel during the 1800s. I got some background on the woman and her murder from the caretaker.

The first night there, I was sleeping on the floor in a room with one other crew member. It felt like this murdered woman somehow interfaced directly with my brain and downloaded all kinds of weird crap. Ever seen Johnny Mnemonic? Kinda like that.

I was able to pick out three or four pieces of information. One that she missed Jake or Jacque. There was some other stuff. Real random.

I told the guys in the crew about my experience, and they filmed me talking about it. I really did not want to be on camera at all. I hate that kinda thing, but whatever...

We spent the day walking around town interviewing a lot of people, and they all had spooky stories to tell. The whole damn town is haunted, I tell ya!

Later that night, we were hanging out with the caretaker and his girlfriend, just BSing and stuff. The other guys in the crew were drinking. I don't really drink, but I did bring my own bottle of Jeagermister, which normally lasts me about two years along with me on the shoot, just in case I needed a drink for some reason.

I told the caretaker about my encounter, and asked the caretaker if he knew who Jake or Jacque was. He looked at me funny and said that was this girls father. I asked him to give me some proof of that before I decided to crap myself. He found a book about the incident that listed the girls father as J. Day. CLOSE ENOUGH! I downed nearly an entire bottle of Jeagermiester after that.

I went to bed that night scared shatless, but somehow managed to fall asleep, probably thanks to the Jeager. I woke up the next morning crying like some stupid little girl, and could not stop it....

After this, another member of the site said the name of the hotel was probably the Beaumont, as he had heard that hotel was haunted... My reply:

Beaumont! That's the one. But like I said, I think the whole damn town is haunted. I had ZERO paranormal experiences in my life before this, and was going along as a camera guy and resident skeptic.

But as we were heading into town the first night, I got a REALLY bad feeling about the town. I swore I would never go back, but about a year and a half later, my bestest buddy came up to visit me from Pennsylvania, and we decided to drive from Pueblo, CO to Four Corners and back in one shot.

We ended up driving right past that damn hotel on the way back home. I couldn't believe it! I really didn't even think about which way we were driving. I just hopped on Hwy. 50, or whatever it was, and started heading for home. We started driving down this scary mountain pass, and I got a bad feeling... Ten minutes later we were driving past the Beaumont.

Pissed me off.

The night before I left for the shoot, (again, this was maybe in '04 or '05) we had some friends over, and I was telling them about the bullshit trip we were gonna make to "hunt ghosts", and my wife starts telling me these stories about an apartment we used to live in. This was in Mifflinburg, PA, probably 1994-1996. We lived on Chestnut Street. It was a quiet little town. They got their first McDonald's in '95. There was one night a week when the local Amish teens were allowed to go on chaperoned dates, and you would hear their horse and buggies clip-cloping up the streets late at night.

Anyway, we had a dalmatian while we lived there. Her name was Trixie (Speed Racer's Girlfriend). I was away for an evening, and the dog started going nuts. My wife could hear something out on the porch, but there was nothing there. That coulda been anything, though...

Sometimes the dog would sit at the bottom of the steps and stare up the stairs into the darkness. Not sure what that was about.

My wife used to tell me she felt like we were being watched while we were sleeping. She said she used to wake up and see people standing outside of our bedroom window. We were on the second floor.

Then the biggie... My wife said one night she woke up in the middle of the night and there was some kind of misty form floating over me while I was asleep. She said it was trying to harm me, so she screamed and it went away. I had forgotten all about that stuff until she brought it up, right before the trip to Ouray. I made sure to thank her for that.

Anyway, I'm still not sure that I believe in ghosts, per-say, but there must be some kind of energy out there that we don't totally understand. Or something....

It is a bit of a relief to hear that I'm not the only one that something strange has happened to.

So, any of you guys ever see or feel anything out of the ordinary?
Posted on: 2007/12/14 16:05

toptechx6 RE:Paranormal experiences?
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Yeah right, maybe you have been around show business too much.
Posted on: 2007/12/14 19:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Paranormal experiences?
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Wow... That hurts.
Posted on: 2007/12/14 19:24

red_johnny RE:Paranormal experiences?
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Wow, very strange. I see dead people strange.
Posted on: 2007/12/15 0:18

TommyT-Bone RE:Paranormal experiences?
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Only after I sip mushroom soup.
Posted on: 2007/12/15 2:48

C4luva RE:Paranormal experiences?
Guru Newb
Brisbane,Queensland, Australia,Down under
42 Posts

Last house we lived in had some weird shiz going down, we could alway,s hear footsteps. Occasionly at 2.30 am {always around that time} there,d be this huge bang and the whole bloody house would shake like a truck had hit it. Damn I,d jump outta bed heart going like a freak,n jackhammer, and there,d be nothing there!! No damage no nothing?? like I said weird shiz! Just scared the crappers out of us. Happened about 3 times in the 4 yrs we lived there. We used to joke about the other resident, just got used to it..
Posted on: 2007/12/15 3:58

bogus RE:Paranormal experiences?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

many years ago we lived in a very old house. It was actually a converted barn. The conversion took place back in the 1880s or so, IIRC.

This house had a history of "friendly" ghosts. I tend to believe it... I remember one day, looking up the stairs, seeing the hazy figure of a bearded man with a robe.

One day, my mom was curious why the fireplace was so clean... no ashes, nada... so she asked us all if we had cleaned it, and on one fessed up. It was SCRUBBED clean... not just swept out. No one in my family is that dedicated to a clean fireplace. Trust me on that one.
Posted on: 2007/12/15 6:15

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Paranormal experiences?
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I know you all think im madder than bat shit as it is, but i can see spirits quite often. They are not evil, they dont chuck shit around my room, and some of them seem to be able to tell im there, where as others cant. They pass through solid objects like as if they are not even there. They generally make no sound at all.

And no, i havent been drinking yet, and im not making this sh*t up.
Posted on: 2007/12/15 9:59

Ramrod RE:Paranormal experiences?
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Lived in my first house a few years and when the family was in the den we would hear a childs footsteps running down the hall? The house was built with a crawlspace so you could hear the thump, thump, thump, of small feet. A little scary at first, I'd get up and check the hall, and of course no one was there. After a few years of this I'd yell at the kid to got to bed and be quiet........ It stopped every time? It didn't happen every night, but when it did it was creepy.
Posted on: 2007/12/16 3:23

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Yeah mate that would be abit more shocking cause you could hear it but never saw anything, i always find if i can see something, its not so bad.

There is a guy the stands outside my doorway to this bedroom where my computer and projector are setup, he isnt always there, but quite regularly. He is one that can see real people. He is the first one i saw.

The one that really gave me a huge fright walked through my room, passing through my bed, then through my computer desk, and out through the wall. I had headphones on at the time and to turn around and see someone moving through your room gives anyone a fright.

My grandmother has had big problems with them for years at her house, mainly cause she can see them, and they all scare the shit out of her. She really does have a hell of a lot go through her house, mainly in her room, seems as though there is some kind of connection in there and they pass into this dimension through there. Very very few of them will actually see people there, seems as though most are just passing through.

Its a difficult thing to prove, cause you cant simply take a photo of them. If you cant see them, youll just have to take the word of those that can. Cause like it or not, they are there.
Posted on: 2007/12/16 9:29

Ramrod RE:Paranormal experiences?
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

I moved to a new home 3 yrs ago, no problems or should I say incidents. I don't miss them either, I dunno about the rest of you gents, but I don't put much faith in ghosts. There has to be a logical reason for most of these things. I think I would have to actually see something in the daytime(unassisted by drugs or alcohol) to begin to believe. By the way I don't do drugs and only drink (to excess) in Las Vegas.
Posted on: 2007/12/18 5:42

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Mate i like them, i even offered the bloke outside the door a tallie of XXXX Bitter one night, He did smile at that, but didnt hardly move.
Posted on: 2007/12/18 7:48

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.