Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
265 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone You want what? ( Now PR&C )
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: You want what?
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

And on the world front .... Let's add a little fuel to the fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110110/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran
Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Now PR&C ........
Posted on: 2011/1/10 22:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

These are all different yet they are all the same. They go on to reveal the violent nature of the world we live in. It's not really new. It's been going on since Cain and Able. After 4000 plus years, nothing has changed . 2000 years from now, nothing will have changed. I'm an advocate for arms. I don't carry but have no issue with those that do. I think about taking that trip to the gunshop and appying for my CWP. Even though I'm capable of making a controlled decision, I worry that someone uninvolved may die by my hand. My gun gets stolen and used in a crime, a stray bullet hits an innocent bystander, or in an uncotrollable mental rage I make a really bad decision. I know people that have been saved by the gun. I've been around and owned guns at different stages of my life. There is always a level of comfort derived in knowing you don't always have to be the victim. You carry an element of surprise.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 23:01

Ultraman Re: You want what? ( Now PR&C )
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hmmm! Guns in the hands of those that know how to use them are a deterent, there is no doubt. Just because you are packing and that very rare occasion happens when force is required does not mean you will save the day. A lot of things can happen when you are in panic mode and not all of them good.

If you are going to own a weapon, get to know it well. Practice with it often. Know what a crisis situation is and if you do draw the weapon know that it is a last resort after all other options have been tried. I believe when the weapon is out it is going to fire and not just used as a threat to get someone to stop what they are attempting to do.

My daughter would like a gun to carry in her purse. I am having to think that through. If I do get her one it will be along with the ongoing training and practice that I will feel is adequate so she knows how to properly use it in a time of need.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 23:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: You want what? ( Now PR&C )
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

If you served your country honorably, the state of Florida will allow you a permit with proof of your DD 214. I think that's training enough. Of course you'll also need a clean record.
Posted on: 2011/1/10 23:56

BillH Re: You want what? ( Now PR&C )
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
A lot of things can happen when you are in panic mode and not all of them good.

My daughter would like a gun to carry in her purse. I am having to think that through. If I do get her one it will be along with the ongoing training and practice that I will feel is adequate so she knows how to properly use it in a time of need.

Panic mode, yea, this shit usually happens so fast.....

You can't just get a gun for a newbie and have them go thru one course and be done.

My cousin called me last year and said she wanted to get a gun. I told her pretty much the same thing. Are you willing to go to the range once a month? Practice scenarios where things happen quickly?
She's never even shot a gun (probably would need 10 seconds to dig thru her purse looking for it), just the way she is.
She's not a "fast responder".

Then I asked her if she could really shoot someone with it, there was a bit of silence on the phone. I told her that carrying is a heavy responsibility and that she needs to think really hard about it.

Some people are good at handling situations, some aren't.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 14:26

Vetron87 Re: You want what? ( Now PR&C )
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Data base files on US citizens need to be updated more often. IMO Jared would never have been able to buy a gun legally. His Army record was enough to disqualify him from gun ownership if the data base would have had the info. His antics in school and run ins with the campus police should have been filed.
Parents knew but did nothing. I have those kind of students in my class, life is meaningless to them, they are preditors. Jared is the kind of mentally disturbed individual that would have bought a gun off the street to complete his rant. How do you protect someone from a lone gunman? Pretty tough to do!
My prayers go out to the families. Wow what a mess.
Posted on: 2011/1/11 15:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.