Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday Chat 02.31.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Just checking to see if your awake. First cup of coffee down. Next one on the way. Taking a dog to the groomer today. Don't know what else will fill the voids. I can only be sure that something will. It always does. Top o'the mornin to ya and the rest of the day to meself.
Posted on: 2011/3/3 11:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 02.31.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

No coffee here, Tommy. Not a big coffee fan. But did have my morning protein shake.

Stayed up a little too late last night reading nonsense and I'll be draggin butt later today. I am ok now, but I already know I'll be beat later. Hopefully not too much to do when I get home.

My gasket set for the manifold came in yesterday. Still don't have the injectors boxed up and mailed out yet, so it's a non-issue at this point. I did purchase my exhaust hangers for the lt1 conversion, though, so I'm a step ahead there.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/3 12:28

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 02.31.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin' all!

Back to winter for a few days here. No coffee here either, but I did just wolf down a greasy Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit!!!

Matt - FIC turned my injectors around in just a few days! Great service there.

I talked to my engine builder again last night to see how he is progressing on the heads. He had some issues with the valve guides and the angle of the valves being off. He installed some new guides and did a bunch of cleanup in the bowls and and did some more work where LE had started to do some unshrouding. The heads have been totally re-worked with everything new. He took the valves out to a whopping 2.05 which is on really big on a SBC. However, I have read some guys that have gone as far as 2.08 on the intake valve but the gap between valves is only a hair. Also it takes lots of de-shrouding to put big holes like that in the SB head.

I should be picking this up in a week or so.

Have good one... Got to get to work now.
Posted on: 2011/3/3 13:02

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 02.31.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Anything wiill be better than yesterday, the window for the appliance repairman was 8 - 12. At 1:30, I get a message (computer of course) that they're running late and it would be after 12, no chit? The guy calls at 3:30 p.m. and says he has one more stop befor me. He shows up at 5:30.

Of course parts take 10 days.
When they comeback, I'm going to post the costs, you won't believe it.
Posted on: 2011/3/3 15:13

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 02.31.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning Guys...I've been a busy little beaver today. But I now have a planning period to relax a bit. I'm glad to hear the engine is making headway Don. Matt sounds like you better get your rear in gear, springtime is coming. Tommy, there's always something.....Bill, isn't it a biotch when that crap happens, you can't even plan to do anything else. Hopefully you had other things to do while waiting.

Well, the news from the taxman wasn't good, we owe, quite a bit. And our quarterly payments go up next year. What a crock. I also get notice that my retirement benefit is going down...state doesn't have the cash flow so they are cutting back. Again, WHAT A CROCK. The state legislature is considering not allowing certified staff from double dipping....which if they do I'll be done teaching and have to look for a real job, or try to expand my cabinetry business. I sure hope that the economic recovery that is being experienced on the coasts filters it's way back to the breadbasket soon.
Posted on: 2011/3/3 16:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.