Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
302 user(s) are online (272 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid We need a product review section
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Title says it all. If someone has something good or bad to say about something they bought for there corvette, it would be nice to let others know about it.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny RE:We need a product review section
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Good idea but I would think that rules would have to with it. For example some one might bash and trash one product while someone else may praise it but neither may have used it I would say that a review process should be used and a rateing scheme set on differant catagories so that the product can get rated across the board.

Again, good idea!
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:19

NC Kid RE:We need a product review section
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

That crossed my mind as well. I was aiming for people that have dealt personally with a vend/company/product. Not just speculators or rumours. Mostly to warn people of bad customer service or good products.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:37

CentralCoaster RE:We need a product review section
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Why couldn't it simply be posted in the tech section? You can put something conspicuous in front of the title to make it easy to find, and add an icon too, ie... [PRODUCT REVIEW] New bbk intake!, etc.

Here's my personal opinion that I posted in another thread]I'm not a real big fan of having seperate forums for each topic area, it sort of spreads the site out and some people will never see those threads.

What would be ideal, is to still have subforums for when you're in the mood for a certain subject, but then be able to view all the C4 threads on one page. (If this can't be done, then just keep the number of subforums to a minimum.) People will then stumble across threads they otherwise never would have seen. I'd like to think some noob could inadvertently stumble across a roadracing thread and then it peaks his/her interest.

This is especially important on a smaller forum, where those subforums could become a ghosttown otherwise. Even would-be regular users won't go in there if they aren't getting participation from others.[/quote]
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:55

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:
Why couldn't it simply be posted in the tech section? You can put something conspicuous in front of the title to make it easy to find, and add an icon too, ie... [PRODUCT REVIEW] New bbk intake!, etc.

Here's my personal opinion that I posted in another thread]I'm not a real big fan of having seperate forums for each topic area, it sort of spreads the site out and some people will never see those threads.

What would be ideal, is to still have subforums for when you're in the mood for a certain subject, but then be able to view all the C4 threads on one page. (If this can't be done, then just keep the number of subforums to a minimum.) People will then stumble across threads they otherwise never would have seen. I'd like to think some noob could inadvertently stumble across a roadracing thread and then it peaks his/her interest.

This is especially important on a smaller forum, where those subforums could become a ghosttown otherwise. Even would-be regular users won't go in there if they aren't getting participation from others.
[/quote]

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but I was thinking that it would have been out of place in the technical section but if not, then thats fine with me. I was thinking more along the lines of cosmetic parts though and not just power mods. If you or Bogus say it's appropriate there, then that is good enough for me.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 17:08

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

While I am thinking about it, would it not be ideal to delete the sub forum "event section" as there is very little going on there and let it be used in another sub forum like you suggested? It might help clean up the site a little.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 17:11

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I guess it's a "Technical" section, not really focused on performance per se.

I visualize the Technical section as being very content-based, while the General section is more for entertainment purposes only. But then again, I'm new here.

Feedback is always welcome, and you don't have to pay a fee to be heard, unlike some other places. Rest assured we'll be refining the site as we grow, based entirely on what serves the membership best.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 17:18

biggrizzly RE:We need a product review section
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:
While I am thinking about it, would it not be ideal to delete the sub forum "event section" as there is very little going on there and let it be used in another sub forum like you suggested? It might help clean up the site a little.

I would hold that thought for a little while. As more new members begin to join and the weather turns there will be more things happening to put there in the events section.

I think the idea of a product review section is a good idea, but it "should" be controlled carefully. It could be an area of contention, as you know, you can't please all of the people all of the time. Case in Point, is SW headers or Melrose, they are both perfectly good products but different strokes for different folks. Some like em, some don't. There should be some kind of criteria to determine quality, workmanship, cost effectiveness, and things like that.

It could get way out of control if you just let posters tack on their opinions of a product even if they do have first hand knowledge of the product in review. Not everyone has the same experience or application for the product.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 17:28

Notorious RE:We need a product review section
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Some other automotive forums I visit have a product review section and they are not set up as just another sub-forum. Picture something more like the (currently non-functional) tech tips area on CF. Obviously it wouldn't be a place for just opinions but for those who have bought, installed and used a product to list it's pros and/or cons. Only a factual and well stated review would be allowed based on first hand experience concerning value, quality, installation, appearance if applicable, did the product deliver as promised, etc.
With the fortune I've spent on mods and upgrades, I could write reviews for a month!
Posted on: 2007/12/31 22:30

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Good point. It would be more like a listing. Similar to the classifieds section at DC, which I like. It's very no-nonsense and streamlined.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 22:32

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

I still like this idea. If you want the forum to be clean there is a easy way to do it. Sub-forum things out. Like you could have product reviews, under another forum section in its own folder sorta speak.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 23:01

Notorious RE:We need a product review section
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
Good point. It would be more like a listing. Similar to the classifieds section at DC, which I like. It's very no-nonsense and streamlined.

Exactly. I just looked at their classifieds over there to see what you meant. I guess I'd never checked them before. Hotrodders.com has classifieds set up like that too. Just the ads with no responses, as you'd have with a forum format. That's the way a review section should be set up, IMO. And ideally all reviews would be previewed by someone to maintain quality and keep out ones that were just mindless bashing of a company someone has a hard-on for or something.
Posted on: 2008/1/1 18:40

bogus RE:We need a product review section
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

A product review, to me, is a necessity on a site of this nature.

Let's do this, I love the idea of a product review being defined with a [Product Review] or [PR] or something of that nature. If the load grows, we can start a Product Review section and move everything into it.

thoughts?
Posted on: 2008/1/1 23:35

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Sounds good to me.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 0:21

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
A product review, to me, is a necessity on a site of this nature.

Let's do this, I love the idea of a product review being defined with a [Product Review] or [PR] or something of that nature. If the load grows, we can start a Product Review section and move everything into it.

thoughts?

Perfect. And we can use the same sort of thinking for similar ideas. And the mods can feel free to add that tag to the title if it applies.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 15:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.