Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
329 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAP
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. A sensor used to meter air flow into the intake indirectly by measuring plenum pressure. This sensor is not as pre...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

tobijohn RE:Members over there that you'd like to see over here
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Sloe Gin, ! I forgot all about that! Brings back memories of Sloe Gin Fizzes, Harvey Wallbangers and Tequila Sunrises.

And Brad, in my youth, I ended up living in Guatemala for about a half a year. In some of the seedier bars, they had a drink called "Babbas" which was slang for spit. There was a big jug that they poured all the unfinished drinks in and sold it for a few cents a glass. Never tried it personally...
Posted on: 2008/1/26 2:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CentralCoaster RE:Members over there that you'd like to see over here
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
Sloe Gin, ! I forgot all about that! Brings back memories of Sloe Gin Fizzes, Harvey Wallbangers and Tequila Sunrises.

And Brad, in my youth, I ended up living in Guatemala for about a half a year. In some of the seedier bars, they had a drink called "Babbas" which was slang for spit. There was a big jug that they poured all the unfinished drinks in and sold it for a few cents a glass. Never tried it personally...

In college, we called those wounded soldiers, the morning after beers.
Posted on: 2008/1/26 5:39

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Well, if you're in the category of needing that morning drink to stop the shakes, here's a tip that was passed onto me by an oldtimer. If you're shaking so bad you can't get the toothpaste on the bristles of the toothbrush, instead just squirt the toothpaste directly into you mouth and then work it into your teeth. That's assuming you're not shaking so bad that you can't get the toothbrush into your mouth...
Posted on: 2008/1/26 14:05

Notorious RE:Members over there that you'd like to see over here
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Another thread gone as fas off course as Wrong Way Corrigan......
Posted on: 2008/1/26 14:08

pianoguy RE:Members over there that you'd like to see over here
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:
Boy, are you two guys beer snobs or what? Back in the good old days, we used to mix Schlitz Malt Liquor with jug wine. We called those Sneaky Petes...

Quote:
john, i suppose it comes with income. back in the day, i used to mix up all the liquors in my parents' booze cabinet in a 1/2gal container and call it "gonna get buzzed and sick as a dog" :smilebox:

Har! You guys are dredging up some foggy memories - LOL! We used to do Sneaky Petes, too - big ol' jug of Carlo Rossi wine and whatever beer or malt liquor was handy. Nasty as hell, but after you got a few down, it didn't matter anymore.

Way back in about the 9th grade, a friend's dad owned a liquor store, so he had a pretty impressive home bar. My friend filled a canteen with a little sample of just about everything, and a few of us took it with us to camp in some nearby woods. In the middle of the night, the cops raided a loud party that was close by, and stumbled upon our camp. We also had some beer with us, which they confiscated. But one of the cops opened up the canteen, took a whiff and said, "Ugh - you can keep that!" - LMAO!
Posted on: 2008/1/26 14:29

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

I never really come up with anything original but I pride myself on being able to improve on an already good idea. Building on the "vodka poured into a watermelon half" I'd take disposable syringes that my father used for Novacaine/Lidocaine (he was a dentist) and inject oranges with vodka. That way, you could take them to school in your lunch bag and no one was the wiser. I could get a good shot's worth in a large navel orange without it being too messy once you peeled it...
Posted on: 2008/1/26 14:39

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.