Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
308 user(s) are online (278 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  St Louis
St Louis, MO, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant from 1954-1981.

Since 1981, Corvettes have been assembled in Bowling Green, KY.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

runner140 Good morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

The Dow ind average fell 370.03 or almost 3%. Credit crunch/subprime mortgages creeping into our economy.

Corporate loans in the secondary market trading are reeling making it hard for banks to unload other commitments they have made.

Voters flocked to the polls for super Tuesday primaries. Looks like McCain is pulling ahead on the republican side. Clinton and Obama are locked in a tight race.

The Fed, at this writing, looks like another big cut when they meet in March and may have another mid-meeting cut.

Gold closed at 890.30 and oil closed on the nymex at 88.41

Still looking for good news.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2008/2/6 12:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

smooth Good day Everyone
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Wierd weather around here today....Foggy and Damp, feels more like october than February
Got a meeting to go to this am, then out to a Team Building event......I talked the boss into the Philadelphia Auto Show. Should be fun. Finally get to see the new Vette in person!

Have a Great Day
Posted on: 2008/2/6 13:06

biggrizzly RE:Good morning....
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning fellow Gurus,
I have been MIA for several days - life sometimes seems to just get in the way. Here in the Nation's Capitol it was 65degrees this morning on my commute in to work at 6:30. Pretty odd for the middle of February.

Have a good day,
Chat later
Posted on: 2008/2/6 13:17

pianoguy RE:Good morning....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Some stem cell stocks have been moving the past few days - must be anticipating a strong Democratic showing in the election.
Posted on: 2008/2/6 13:27

TommyT-Bone RE:Good morning....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I heard Huckleberry this morning talking about the elimination of the IRS and impimenting the flat tax. It should have been done a decade ago. Current tax laws are waste of time, energy and money. There has to be a better way based upon what you buy is what you pay. The more luxurious your lifestyle the more you kick into the till. Aint got nothing or buying nothing you don't pay nothing.
Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:26

runner140 RE:Good morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
I heard Huckleberry this morning talking about the elimination of the IRS and impimenting the flat tax. It should have been done a decade ago. Current tax laws are waste of time, energy and money. There has to be a better way based upon what you buy is what you pay. The more luxurious your lifestyle the more you kick into the till. Aint got nothing or buying nothing you don't pay nothing.

I'd love to see a change in our tax system...Steve Forbes likes the above system (I think).
Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:29

CSS996 RE:Good morning....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I try to stay away from politics. I hate to get into heated debates about this stuff. A lot of that is because I don't really know my democratic donkey from a whole in the ground, so I can't have an intelligent conversation with a political analyst.

I am not a fan of George W. But he did do one good thing. He motivated me to get off my ass and get registered to vote.

So I am a registered Democrat. But I don't think I can vote for Hillary or Obama. I could maybe cross party lines and vote for Chuck Norr... I mean Huckabee. He actually seems to answer questions when he is asked, rather than double talk his way around them.

But if it comes down to Hillary or Obama, and Huckabee is out of the running,then I would probably vote for McCain if that was an option. Even though sometimes I see him standing at the podium and I find myself singing "We represent the Lollipop Guild..."

Whatever happens, I think the country (and perhaps the world) will breathe a huge sigh of relief once Bush is out.

My apologies to the Bush fans. If you dig him, I can respect that.
Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.