Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
256 user(s) are online (236 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Nessy .....

Posted on: 2019/2/13 14:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It's raining again. Off to the dental hygienist for an 11:00 AM appointment. I'm sure I will need some follow up time in the dentist's chair. Seeing that will take up a good part of the day and the fact that it's raining, there may well be an opportunity to hug my pillow later this afternoon.
Posted on: 2019/2/13 14:10

GRIS Re: Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

SUNNY, COLD, AND BREEZY IN THE NATIONS, BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO GET INTO THE 60'S LATER. THE SUN SURE LOOKS GOOD.

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Satellite TV is kinda good here because if you get a hurricane the satellite still works after the storm when I'm running on generator back up. I can see what's going on with the Weather Channel.
[/quote]

ON THE OTHER HAND, MY MAJOR GRIPE WITH SATELLITE WAS LACK OF FUNCTIONING DURING TORNADO WEATHER. HEAVY CLOUD COVER & RAIN BLOCKED THE SIGNAL AND I COULD NOT MONITOR THE RADAR AND WEATHER BROADCASTS. I'M NOT TOO CONCERNED WITH TORNADOES THAT HAVE PASSED ME BY :-)

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY BUT AUTO ROTATION. THE TOMATO GOES IN THE READY-RACK, WILL IT GET WARM ENOUGH TO PUT THE TOP DOWN?
I CAN ONLY DREAM---
Posted on: 2019/2/13 14:24

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

GRIS, I can track the direction and landfall of an incoming slammer. During doesn't matter because you know you getting battered. After you can see the the storm leaving and the damage pics. Still remember Hurricane Andrew. Didn't see any outsiders in my neighborhood till 5 or more day after the storm had left. We cleared our own street. Had neighborhood rooftop guards watching at the two ends of the street. No looters in my neighborhood. Won't be any looters around this neighborhood either. Everybody is armed to the teeth.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 21:56

vetteblondie Re: Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

We don't have hurricanes but we did survive our 48-hour flood. It rained for 48 hours straight. We lost sewer service midway through. The ground water level was where we'd not seen it in years, roads closed, schools closed, a couple sinkholes showed up, one just today after the fact, roofs collapsed. Our pool liner came loose from the pool sides then sometime yesterday while I was having my nose stints removed it fixed itself and is back to normal. I'm told the ground water level caused that too. everyone is mad at the city including me. This isn't a new problem, they know they need to do things to prevent this. Won't fix it all but things can and should be done. They're lazy. First day back at work and thankfully it's a slow day. Should be even slower the next two as I managed to get it all done today.
Let's get this week over with
Posted on: 2019/2/13 22:20

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

WELL, MY BRIGHT, SUN-SHINY DAY TURNED OVERCAST AND DID NOT GET ABOVE 60. AT LEAST IT DIDN'T RAIN---

LETTY, SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER, OR DID THE FLOOD JUST TAKE YOUR MIND OFF IT?
Posted on: 2019/2/13 22:40

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7641 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
GRIS, I can track the direction and landfall of an incoming slammer. During doesn't matter because you know you getting battered. After you can see the the storm leaving and the damage pics. Still remember Hurricane Andrew. Didn't see any outsiders in my neighborhood till 5 or more day after the storm had left. We cleared our own street. Had neighborhood rooftop guards watching at the two ends of the street. No looters in my neighborhood. Won't be any looters around this neighborhood either. Everybody is armed to the teeth.

HEADLINE NEWS:

French town imposes fine on dog owners for 'prolonged barking'

THAT'S DISGUSTING; THE OWNERS SHOULD LEAVE THE BARKING TO THE DOGS.

AND THIS:

A charter school in Florida has hired two combat veterans to patrol the grounds with semi-automatic rifles to protect students from any active shooters, according to officials.

WHICH MADE ME THINK OF LITTLE ROCK IN THE 80'S. THE COUNTY SHERIFF LOST PATIENCE WITH LIQUOR STORE ROBBERIES, AND STARTED PUTTING DEPUTIES WITH SHOTGUNS IN THE BACK ROOMS OF RANDOM STORES.
THERE WAS A SHARP DECLINE IN ROBBERIES.
ABOUT THE SAME TIME A POLICE CHIEF IN FLORIDA INSTITUTED A SIMILAR PROGRAM WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT "FELONS WILL FIND THAT THEY CAN NOT BE BALED OUT OF THE MORGUE".
CRIMINAL LAWYERS WERE HORRIFIED.
Posted on: 2019/2/14 0:27

teebee Re: Wed Ness Day 02.13.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12362 Posts

Hey guys....I've been busy since the git-go. Removing cabinets at Rosies' current office space and moving them to her new space and reinstalling them. Unloading lumber from the truck thrown in there just for fun. Worked my butt off and now I'm soaking my feet.

Was a chilly start and hadn't really warmed much by noon, so hitting the low 60s like they predicted, didn't look like it was going to happen, but it did hit 60. Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 60s.
Posted on: 2019/2/14 2:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.