Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TH700R4 / 4L60
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM model...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

runner140 Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Bernrnke warned that intensifying credit and financial market pressures are likely to restrain economic growth and left the door open for a sizable rate cut next month.

Israelis went on high alert as Hezbollah's leader warned of open war after the assassination of a top commander who also was one of worlds most wanted terrorists.

The Dow ind. fell 175.26 points to 12376.98 despite Bernanke's hint of more rate cuts.

The U. S. trade gap narrowed 6.9% in December to 58.8 billion dollars, its largest monthly decline since October 2006, as exports rose.

From the Wall Street Journal "cash crop....Heartland sees boom with grains in demand". Grain prices are surging to historic levels. Famers are making up now for past losses.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 12:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

smooth RE:Good Morning....
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Good Morning runner
I heard some discussion regarding grain pricing. Seems that there is substantial demand for some grains used to produce fuel, not food. Mabey its good for the environment to burn ethanol based fuels but at present it seems costlier. Great for the farmer, But, it costs a good bit of money and energy to produce these fuels that have fewer BTUs than oil based energy sources. Increasing soaring food costs for the love of cleaner alcohol based fuels may not be the way to go in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, solar may be the way to go. Using the grains to solve other problems like world hunger may be a reasonable idea.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 13:11

pianoguy RE:Good Morning....
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Dry bulk shipper day today - DRYS, DSX, ESEA, QMAR, etc. - DRYS and DSX had nice earnings.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 13:14

runner140 RE:Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
Dry bulk shipper day today - DRYS, DSX, ESEA, QMAR, etc. - DRYS and DSX had nice earnings.

There are some other stars in the group.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 15:02

runner140 RE:Good Morning....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
Good Morning runner
I heard some discussion regarding grain pricing. Seems that there is substantial demand for some grains used to produce fuel, not food. Mabey its good for the environment to burn ethanol based fuels but at present it seems costlier. Great for the farmer, But, it costs a good bit of money and energy to produce these fuels that have fewer BTUs than oil based energy sources. Increasing soaring food costs for the love of cleaner alcohol based fuels may not be the way to go in my opinion. Again, in my opinion, solar may be the way to go. Using the grains to solve other problems like world hunger may be a reasonable idea.

"They say", there is two hundred years worth of coal (worldwide shortage) in the U.S. We have to figure out better/cleaner ways to burn it. Most power plants burn either coal or nuclear. We use coal gasification now which is somewhat clean and cheap.

Western coal is being shipped to the east. Look at the rails? (railroad stocks)

China has a coal shortage and is shutting down some manufacturing plants because of there shortages.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 15:12

TommyT-Bone RE:Good Morning....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

So a terrorist orginization threatens Israel for killing one of it's leaders.
Keep up the good work Israel. Thousands more to go.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 17:30

bogus RE:Good Morning....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Israel gets rid of one nasty person, and the rest of the nasties decide to open up full scale war... that's why the middle east makes NO sense at all. The nasties are entirely too willing to die for their cause. Something Patton said: "Let the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

How much more can the fed cut the rate? I mean, jeez, it's already epically low.
Posted on: 2008/2/15 20:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.