Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
284 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

runner140 Good Morning.....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Fidel Castro resigns! (enough said)

Wall Street Journal..."As oil prices soar, prospectors return to Pennsylvania...old timers and upstarts chase after whats left..sipping a few barrels"

The Dow ind. was off 28.77 to 12348.. Gold at 906. and oil at 95.45 on the close.

Venezuelan president Chavez is taking aim at foreigh companies as food shortages in his country mount.

Space shuttle Atlantis left the international space station and began its return to earth.

Have a great day.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 12:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Good Morning.....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
Fidel Castro resigns! (enough said)

Have a great day.

Resized Image

Mike! Looks like we'll have another chance.
I'm gonna go take another nap. If I see a suitcase
I know I have a partner. If not ..............
Posted on: 2008/2/19 12:45

runner140 RE:Good Morning.....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

The Dow is up ove 110. points and oil is making a run at 100. its up 2.85 and selling for 98.30 a barrel.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:07

TommyT-Bone RE:Good Morning.....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I thought that at one time I read that extraction of crude in the US becomes profitable at a certain price point per barrel. Are we not passed that price point? Come on boys, lets fire up those rigs. Refineries, let's freshen up and expand your production potential.

Just a note from a realtor I know locally. She has sold 9 homes in the last two weeks. That's showing signs for improvement, at least for her. I have a friend in Boston closing on two condos they're buying in Hyannis Mass today. Turn baby turn. Everybody, go buy something. Let's not ditch the economy. I'm going out to buy a new printer.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:25

cmashark RE:Good Morning.....
Guru
virginia beach, va
74 Posts

so is Chavez blaiming us for his country starving? or is he pissed that his people would rather sell their goods to neighboring countries because they will pay more?
Posted on: 2008/2/19 15:45

Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
I thought that at one time I read that extraction of crude in the US becomes profitable at a certain price point per barrel. Are we not passed that price point? Come on boys, lets fire up those rigs. Refineries, let's freshen up and expand your production potential.

Just a note from a realtor I know locally. She has sold 9 homes in the last two weeks. That's showing signs for improvement, at least for her. I have a friend in Boston closing on two condos they're buying in Hyannis Mass today. Turn baby turn. Everybody, go buy something. Let's not ditch the economy. I'm going out to buy a new printer.

We are only in a recession when people stop spending. Enough people saying we are in a recession, we stop spending and sure enough, we are in a recession.

Looking at retail sales last week (up) and Walmarts earnings today (up), we may have missed the (recession). Or it is passed.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 16:45

CSS996 RE:Good Morning.....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I think I'll go buy a new PS3 game tonight. Just doing my part!

It would be nice to see home sales rise a little. I have some friends that just got into the home building business. They built one, and cannot build a second until the first sells...
Posted on: 2008/2/19 17:44

Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
I think I'll go buy a new PS3 game tonight. Just doing my part!

It would be nice to see home sales rise a little. I have some friends that just got into the home building business. They built one, and cannot build a second until the first sells...

Tough business now. Banks now, don't want to let money go. Huge excess (more homes than buyers) in many markets ie. Miami, Boca Raton, Las Vegas etc.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 17:58

CSS996 RE:Good Morning.....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Things are not as bad in my little pocket of the world. A little slow right now, but over the next two years there will be tens of thousands of military folks and their families relocated to the Colorado Springs/ Pueblo area.

Many of them will buy homes in my neck of the woods. Once that happens, I hope to have my friends build me a larger house (with lots of garage space) and get a good price for my current home.

Fingers crossed...
Posted on: 2008/2/19 18:42

CentralCoaster RE:Good Morning.....
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Nah, lets sit on it and drain everyone else's reserves first!

We know where most of the oil is, we just know it's not worth extracting most of it yet.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 18:45

Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Oil crossed 99. a barrel...An explosion in Big Spring, Texas refinery has spiked gasoline futures by 10 cents a gallon as well as oil has soared over 12% and gasoline futures by more than 15% and natural gas has surged over 14% since Feb. 1st.

The good news is the bad news isn't getting any worse.

Oil settled at 99.95...new high tomorrow?

A few more trades in the oil pit. The contract closed as 100.01 up 4.51 Thats a new all time high.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 19:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.