Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
239 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS WEDNESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

HELLO OUT THERE---
Posted on: 2/28 13:56

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: WEDNESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

WINTER STRIKES BACK: 24 DEGREES AND WINDY, 46 FOR THE HIGH.
BUT THE SUN IS SHINING :-)

WESTERN OKLAHOMA IS BURNING UP, 30,000 ACRES THEY SAY, HOMES DESTROYED.

CHECKED ON RED CAR, MECHANIC HAS BEEN UNABLE TO REPLICATE THE PROBLEM. HIS THEORY IS THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR DID NOT GET SHUT ALL THE WAY AND INTERIOR LIGHTS STAYED ON TO DRAIN THE BATTERY. HE CAN FIND NO PARASITIC DRAIN.
HE'LL KEEP IT THIS WEEK AND SEE IF THE BATTERY STAYS UP AS IT HAS SO FAR.
CAN'T DECIDE IF THIS IS GOOD NEWS OR BAD---

TODAY, NOTHING ON THE AGENDA. NOT A GOOD DAY TO BE OUTSIDE!

KEEP UP THE FIRE!
Posted on: 2/28 14:11

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

GRIS, have you checked your storage area for gremlins? C-4s are notorious for harboring them. I've got several in mine.

Appears to be a nice day. Planning on flushing the water system and changing the water filter and change the A/C home filter as well. Flush the Koi pond too and ad some chemicals. There is no moss growing on me ...... Sue wants me to sell the cars and lets me know regularly. I'm not driving them and she's complaining about spending money on the insurance and upkeep. Can't say that I don't understand. Thinking about selling them with gremlins and all for the best reasonable offer. The bonus is I'll also get rid of an ear bug .....
Posted on: 2/28 14:40

Ultraman Re: WEDNESDAY
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

I'm Baaaack..... hey now been in Houston for a large trade show which we had a booth set up. It was very successful and sold a lot of product to farmers who were in attendance.

Memo to self... only fly Southwest airlines if walking isn't an option.... now I know what cattle feel like being shipped... and they made the ride bumpy enough they could not serve drinks or snacks... saving money I'm thinking.... at least is was a non stop and around 2 hours in the air into Omaha... which was 40 min late taking off....

80 degrees in Houston but we were indoors all the time... we did not witness any crime... but we were in a high end part of town.... around a very large high end shopping mall called the Gallaria.... I did not see much of Doc who went with me as she kept claiming she was getting lost in the vastness of the mall.... they have a very large ice skating rink in the mall also... we did have extra bags to check on the way home..... don't ask don't tell is my mantra...

keep moving and grooving Guru's
Posted on: 2/28 16:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: WEDNESDAY
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7647 Posts

SAD TO HEAR THAT ABOUT SOUTHWEST. IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS THEY WERE TRANS -TEXAS, a.k.a TREETOP AIRLINES, AND WOULD HAVE A DRINK IN YOUR HAND BEFORE THE WHEELS CAME UP.
VERY POPULAR WITH THE ARMY AT FT HOOD,
Posted on: 2/28 17:38

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

overcast here today and cold, the cool front came in a bit early. I'd set some plants out and should've brought them in last night but last time I checked weather, I was good till tonight. Oh well. Every single one of my prized hibiscus bit the dust this year thanks to the cold, even the one in the pool house where it was kept really warm. It's just weird that ALL of them croaked. Never had that happen before, some of these I've had for 6-7 years. Seems like mother nature don't want me to have anything. At least we didn't get bad storms like we were supposed to get, just some rain. Sorry about the car Gris, that's the technician law though - whatever you have a problem with will never happen when the mechanic has it, ever. Marcus glad you made some sales, but sorry about the airline, didn't used to be that way.
Kinda busy here today, got some approvals and the boss's desk is piled up again now, that ought to make him happy
Posted on: 2/28 18:09

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: WEDNESDAY
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Southwest has lost it's glitter as have almost ALL the airlines. Keep prices low prices and fill the planes. I never flew Southwest because of the seating I prefer to know where I'm sitting when I book. I upgrade to roomier seats when it's cheap to do it but lately it has not ben cheap. When it was $35 I'd do it. Now they want $135 more. I'll keep the money and buy dinner at the destination. I'll be in Seattle in a couple of months. Booked a room within close walking distance to Pikes Market. Fly in, hang out, enjoy the room and head out on another cruise to Alaska. Round trip from FLL to SEA direct flights at around 6 hours long. Seattle makes me laugh. They bitch about cigarette smoking and there are joint roaches all over the place. And of course the street zombies. They're all smoking something else.

Marcus, I have never seen a mall named The Galleria Mall in the ghetto.
Posted on: 2/28 18:21

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Marcus, I have never seen a mall named The Galleria Mall in the ghetto.

...Truth.....
Posted on: 2/28 20:34

Huskerland
14739 Posts

..we have been flying on Alaska airlines and United mostly.... and could have flown United to Houston but those went into George Bush Intercontinental airport and the William P Hobby airport in southern Houston was much closer to where we were staying..... direct flight out of Omaha to Hobby in Houston..

like to go first class if we book early and prices are not stupidly more.... Business class has expanded leg room and is reasonably priced also..... first class has chow on long enough flights... and free drinks.... gotta love dat...

I will say this that Southwest did not charge for up to 2 bags each and allows you to pay to get into the A group seating which allows you to pick seats in a relatively empty plane when you board.... the seats are small and the legroom is tight... especially if you are 6'2" with eyes of blue...
Posted on: 2/28 20:47

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Posted on: 2/28 21:22

vetteblondie Re: WEDNESDAY
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

the last time I was on a plane was a long time ago, but I was able to pick my seat upon purchase of my ticket. Don't mean you wont' get bumped or something but still. And, I did figure out to pick those little island hopper planes. more room and less bs. The one time I did have an issue, the attendant noticed and offered me the reverse facing jump seat space behind the pilot's entry door. Big seat, about 6ft of legroom and nobody behind me kicking my seat. And, she was friendly to talk to and gave me goodies :D
Posted on: 2/28 21:57

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.