Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
196 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDL
Assembly Line Diagnostic Link

The cable you use to connect to a TECH 1 or a laptop computer for diagnosis and data logging purposes....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

runner140 Good Morning.....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

"Homeowners".... Treasury secretary Paulson branded many of the aid proposals as "bailouts" for reckless lenders and speculators and predicted that the administrations market based approach will be enough.

The Dow ind. rose 9.36 points to 12694.28 amid mixed outlook signals. The Euro set another record against the dollar after Bernanke's testimony... he hinted of more cuts. (interest rate)

"Obama won the backing of a 10th senator..North Dakots's Dorgan. McCain attacked Obama for his comments about al Qaeda in Iraq. The Demorcat alleged the Republican brought the terrorists there". from the Wall Street Journal.

Israeli aircraft blasted Hamas offices in Gaza, killing 10 after a militant rocket killed a college student in southern Israel.

Today: GNP's revision from the commerce dept. at 8:30 expected to be revised up 0.8%

Have a great day....
Posted on: 2008/2/28 12:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone RE:Good Morning.....
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

You have a great day too.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 16:56

CSS996 RE:Good Morning.....
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Reckless lenders... What about reckless buyers? I suppose it is easy to fall for gimmicks like interest only loans and ARMs when you really want to get yourself into a home.

I don't follow politics or financial news very much, so I am very uninformed here, but I sure hope whatever actions are taken do not penalize or punish folks like me who went for the standard fixed rate mortgage, and can make their payments.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:03

runner140 RE:Good Morning.....
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Quote:
Reckless lenders... What about reckless buyers? I suppose it is easy to fall for gimmicks like interest only loans and ARMs when you really want to get yourself into a home.

I don't follow politics or financial news very much, so I am very uninformed here, but I sure hope whatever actions are taken do not penalize or punish folks like me who went for the standard fixed rate mortgage, and can make their payments.

Could it be that buying a house with nothing down or in some cases getting cash back, the buyers weren't buyers but were renters? Guess thats a sarcastic view to some.

Folks like you made a down payment and make monthly mortgage payments....AND probably don't use your house as an atm machine.(refinancing and taking the equity out, two or three times)
Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:51

Oaklands RE:Good Morning.....
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

People never learn that you do not get something for nothing.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 22:54

smooth RE:Good Morning.....
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:

I did it like you did, work like a dog save, put money down andeal with real life payments. The interest only loans shouldn't have been legal. TOOO many people got suckered. Me? I'm watching the rates so I can refi and cut the length of my term..... 4% for 10years would suit me JUUUST fine!
Posted on: 2008/2/29 0:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.